Why did Torian get a blaster after KOFTE?

FourPawnBenoni

I think it's to be consistent with his profile.

When Torian was introduced in the class story, he was described as being a Sniper, and in companion conversations he emphasizes the importance of gunplay and staying away from enemies. But since crews needed to be balanced in the early days, SOMEONE in the Bounty Hunter's crew needed to specialize in Melee DPS, so Torian was picked.

After the jump to Eternal Empire, and the ensuring that we have plenty of both melee and ranged companions, I guess the devs decided that lore accuracy should take precedence.

(I don't use Skadge much, but I think he's still a melee companion, keeping in with his demeanor of enjoying getting up close and personal to rip enemies apart with his bare hands.)

• 3 weeks later...

When Torian was introduced in the class story, he was described as being a Sniper, and in companion conversations he emphasizes the importance of gunplay and staying away from enemies. But since crews needed to be balanced in the early days, SOMEONE in the Bounty Hunter's crew needed to specialize in Melee DPS, so Torian was picked.

Reminds me when Aric Jorgan was described as having been part of an elite squad of Republic snipers yet previous to KOTFE he wielded an assault cannon instead of a sniper rifle.

Reminds me when Aric Jorgan was described as having been part of an elite squad of Republic snipers yet previous to KOTFE he wielded an assault cannon instead of a sniper rifle.

Lol. Yeah. :)

Though Jorgan's case is a little different as even his pre-KOTFE version was patched to use Sniper Rifles, whereas Torian only starts using a blaster once he joins the alliance after you start the KOTFE story.

Edited by rashencyberspeed

shrug

he finally grew up a bit and realized bringing a stick to a gun fight is a bad idea?

this is probably the best in-universe answer. Out of universe, what rashen said and also because the devs had many silly weapons that were around at launch that have slowly been phased out of the game. Because why would you use a techstaff when you have the option of using a vibrosword? Or a lightsaber for that matter?