Malgus after Onslaught. !(Spoilers allowed!)

LanceDefender

Yes, I know there were post about it, but would like to create another with few questions.

1. What do you think will Malgus do in next story patches?

2. How do you think why and for what purpose Malgus wanted ships and a droid at the end of Onslaught?

Just to escape, to prepere revenge or something entirely different?

3. Am I only one that would love to make Malgus a new Emperor of Empire? Do you think it will be possible?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty obvious to me that Malgus is going to be the Big Bad of the current story. He obviously has his own agenda separate from Acina/Vowrawn, and he will likely end up as an enemy to both the Republic and the Empire.

Again? Please no!!!!

Can we finally get an option to join him? He is awesome character and I don't want to kill him again.

My guess is for the four possible ways:

Loyal to the Empire: You will either help Malgus defeat Acina/Vowrawn or kill him

Saboteur of the Empire: Malgus finds out (somehow) that you were working for the Republic and you have to kill him. Despite the rescue of Acina/Vowrawn. You are exiled and can no longer enter Empire territory.

Loyal to the Republic: Malgus is the new Emperor. Deal with it.

Saboteur of the Republic: Malgus is the new Emperor, thanks to you. He makes that official so you are now Republics Most Wanted. You can't enter Republic territory without being shot at.

the way Onslaught end, it suggest that he was biding his time and escape from Acina controle .

So two things come to mind :

1) He maybe trying to reach the original Body of the emprore and this *weapon* and take the power for himself . Cose as he is..he has no chance against the 'Outlander'' and the Empire .

2) That damn robot thats cryptic like hell . Anyone think, he is behind it with the help..of whats his name ? That guy you supposedly kill in Revan FP ? He got a scare on his face and all ? (well true we killed that idiot, but I do recall the droid, seem like its the same droid) . (also, if Malgus didnt die, maybe that idiot didnt either, or Maybe Jadus is behind the droid ?)

Personally I don't want to join him, I want to kill him and for him to stay dead for good lol

I mean if you think he is cool and awesome, fair enough . I never though much of him . Marr was better to me, he was impressive in comparaison to Malgus . And his coup d'teta on Ilum (while I agree with his philosophy) , the timing stink!!!!! and 'Join him'' to me mean I become a side kick . Forget it, I aint nobody side kick! I have had it, with the poor Sith Lord always having someone on top to boss us . I wanna Boss someone for once!

Loyal to the Empire: You will either help Malgus defeat Acina/Vowrawn or kill him

Saboteur of the Empire: Malgus finds out (somehow) that you were working for the Republic and you have to kill him. Despite the rescue of Acina/Vowrawn. You are exiled and can no longer enter Empire territory.

I like that idea very much my friend and I hope for.

the way Onslaught end, it suggest that he was biding his time and escape from Acina controle .

So two things come to mind :

1) He maybe trying to reach the original Body of the emprore and this *weapon* and take the power for himself . Cose as he is..he has no chance against the 'Outlander'' and the Empire .

2) That damn robot thats cryptic like hell . Anyone think, he is behind it with the help..of whats his name ? That guy you supposedly kill in Revan FP ? He got a scare on his face and all ? (well true we killed that idiot, but I do recall the droid, seem like its the same droid) . (also, if Malgus didnt die, maybe that idiot didnt either, or Maybe Jadus is behind the droid ?)

Personally I don't want to join him, I want to kill him and for him to stay dead for good lol

I mean if you think he is cool and awesome, fair enough . I never though much of him . Marr was better to me, he was impressive in comparaison to Malgus . And his coup d'teta on Ilum (while I agree with his philosophy) , the timing stink!!!!! and 'Join him'' to me mean I become a side kick . Forget it, I aint nobody side kick! I have had it, with the poor Sith Lord always having someone on top to boss us . I wanna Boss someone for once!

For me best sith in swtor are/were Marr, Malgus, Jadus and even Acina and Vovrawn as well.

I think that reviving such important and recognizable character for only two (short and not so much story impacting for future, I would say JUS and Onslaught should be recognized as prelude) expansions and then simply killing him wouldn't be only a waste of potential, but waste of limited Bioware resources.

Of course, option to kill him is acceptable, but forcing to do it would be even worse that Kotfet story.

For me best sith in swtor are/were Marr, Malgus, Jadus and even Acina and Vovrawn as well.

I think that reviving such important and recognizable character for only two (short and not so much story impacting for future, I would say JUS and Onslaught should be recognized as prelude) expansions and then simply killing him wouldn't be only a waste of potential, but waste of limited Bioware resources.

Of course, option to kill him is acceptable, but forcing to do it would be even worse that Kotfet story.

There is also Darth Lachrys . I mean, sure she get killed on the repb side by a butthurt Twilek lol but for shame, I loved her . I would've loved to see her on the dark council .

If its any consolation, I rather deal with malgus then Valk again . I hate Valk!

But something tell me they brough him back to just play bait for Valk return. I'm hoping I'm wrong on this . Cose, like I said...while I never cared for Malgus....He was the dude I always saw when I wanted to do FP . And I hate to see him die in a stupid way like Marr did.......come on BW! You can do better then that !!!!

Loyal to the Republic: Malgus is the new Emperor. Deal with it.

Saboteur of the Republic: Malgus is the new Emperor, thanks to you. He makes that official so you are now Republics Most Wanted. You can't enter Republic territory without being shot at.

- i want to see something like this where your choice has impact on the story like other bioware games ( *cough* mass effect *cough* )

I bet he dies forgotten in some out of the way place... trying to kill whatever it is growing out of the old Emperor's Final Weapon/Mass Mind.

He has let hate rule his life too long, and really... he glowers about the new Empire, but it is not his. Now, focusing on the old Emperor (whom he also hated/admired) and dying in an out of way, almost missed place by the Players? That ends him for the final time. Or ends him as a zombie.

Remember Darth Sion? His final fall? Wherein he realized that his life of pain and rage was one of dependence and not strength?

That is where Darth Malgus is heading, and has been heading since he killed of his Twi lover.

Remember Darth Sion? His final fall? Wherein he realized that his life of pain and rage was one of dependence and not strength?

That is where Darth Malgus is heading, and has been heading since he killed of his Twi lover.

Something like that could be a good end for his storyline, indeed. But before reaching that point, BW is going to reuse him until we all hate his mother, like they did with Revan and Vitiate.

Haven't played Imperial side yet, but spoiled the videos, and from what i seen it seems, that Malgus prefers actions over ruling. He wants to be in the frontline to CRUSH the enemy, and not sit on some throne. I think, that he has some own plans to conquer something of the Republic, and that's why he asked for more resources, but in general i think, that he won't go for the throne again.

Or it could be that he is already in control from behind.

Something like that could be a good end for his storyline, indeed. But before reaching that point, BW is going to reuse him until we all hate his mother, like they did with Revan and Vitiate.

Well i think, that the way they killed Revan first was more, than pathetic. Which was quite a reason to bring him back for a more worthy fall. Malgus's defeat was better, but i always hated the fact, that you couldn't join him. I liked the way he was thinking for the Sith empire. Throw out the xenophobia, and bring true strength to the field. Regardless of your race, or origin.

Well i think, that the way they killed Revan first was more, than pathetic. Which was quite a reason to bring him back for a more worthy fall. Malgus's defeat was better, but i always hated the fact, that you couldn't join him. I liked the way he was thinking for the Sith empire. Throw out the xenophobia, and bring true strength to the field. Regardless of your race, or origin.

That wasn't Revan, that was Conrad Verner. He got a Revan Look alike robe from Amazon, and got caught..like he always does :p

I remember that part, my LS Sith warrior agreed with him in that flashpoint, but damn..talk about sucky timing to do it ?

well you can't join him because of ''They will have to create that content and it won't be small'' .

But him being at the boots of someone else even if its Acina or that other guy, is what I found bizzare .

Had the gut to start a coup d'etat in middle of a war, steal and take stuff while at it . Die in a flashpoint or seem to..just to be alive after all and on a leash ? Even the Emprore let them roam free . What Acina or that other guy did (the thing you know what ), if It were me ? I'll be pissed .

He didn't look pissed, played the servant role perfectly . Make you wonder if Acina brough it lol think he fooled them ?

Or maybe someone is using him from the shadow ? like Jadus maybe ?

You know Darth Malgus is very good at getting capable people I remember at the battle of llum he gathered an considerable force of warlords defecting sith and quite an large part of the imperial military. Now granted he failed but you can not blame him the greatest heroes in an strike team was way to much. His mistake was not giving them an chance to join his empire.

So now if he rebels will he do the same mistake again which is gathering capable people but not the most capable ones at least in terms of war an battle?

Another thing is it me or Malgus is weaker now. If you play pub side he force pushes the outlander, the strongest active jedi master as of now and her apprentice an couple of meters away. Meters for example Senya pushed the outlander dozen of meters, Malgus pushed Ven Zallow dozen of meters an trough an rock wall. Is Malgus weaker in the force for some reason now that he does anemic force pushes?

Another thing is it me or Malgus is weaker now. If you play pub side he force pushes the outlander, the strongest active jedi master as of now and her apprentice an couple of meters away. Meters for example Senya pushed the outlander dozen of meters, Malgus pushed Ven Zallow dozen of meters an trough an rock wall. Is Malgus weaker in the force for some reason now that he does anemic force pushes?

if his strenght has really gone down, then BW will probably focus on his cunning to do what he need to do . Either conquer the Empire again, or seek revenge maybe ?

He could be weaker after "dying" and whatever Acina did to him. I think the Senya push was different though, since the Outlander wasn't expecting it at all.

But I wonder if Malgus could regain some of that strength now that he's free. I wouldn't be surprised if his connection to the Force was purposely dulled a little.

It's pretty obvious to me that Malgus is going to be the Big Bad of the current story. He obviously has his own agenda separate from Acina/Vowrawn, and he will likely end up as an enemy to both the Republic and the Empire.

Hopefully they let us side with him, this time.

My main imp character I rped agreeing with Malgus on how to improve the empire but disagreed with his methods. He (and by extension myself) thinks it needs be done from within rather then by force.

That and he hated the idea of bowing to someone else after working so hard to get on the council.

I think Malgus will be the next Emperor. He'll kill Acina/Vowran out of revenge and desire to rule the Empire.

Acina/Vowran can both die at some point in the story, so it would be easier just to have one person fill the role of Emperor.

:) This is what I think also. This "Council" now is Pathetic, all *Except for Vowrawn that is. They're all weak and from what I've seen in the Sith side of "Onslaught" spend a good amount of time Kissing Acina's A*s (Pathetic). They reminded me of the young Imperial officers in TFA, No backbone, No dignity, No professionalism and embarrassing.

Savik is absolutely useless

Shaar is ok at planning but outside of that there's nothing else

Krovos totally arrogant but again, outside of talking, there's nothing (Her cutting off my speech in "Hearts & "Minds" was bad enough and started the "Lacky to the Empire/Faction" issue again.

Anathel Didn't even try to fight back

Which brings me to Acina, She's a weak leader not even earning her way into the seat she now holds and I totally believe the "Returned Malgus eliminated her competition *After.. Zakuul slaughtered most of them" (Double Don't Deserve).

I would *Assume Malgus will again try to "Take Power & Authority" which I would support, if that Includes killing Acina (for those that sided with the Empire at Iokath), Simplifying the stories with "1" Imperial/Sith top and Finally giving Malgus the position I believe he's deserved all along, this would be a very good move for the game and most of all, the Stories.

Keep Vowrawn in the council, most people seem to like him and he has had large roles in the stories already. Let Malgus hang around doing what he does (War, just that simple) and I do believe he was not intended to die Permanently in the "False Emperor" flashpoint and the S.I. *Keeps their seat in the council possibly with a scene there from time to time but not missing out on anything outside either.

Yes, I know there were post about it, but would like to create another with few questions.

1. What do you think will Malgus do in next story patches?

2. How do you think why and for what purpose Malgus wanted ships and a droid at the end of Onslaught?

Just to escape, to prepere revenge or something entirely different?

3. Am I only one that would love to make Malgus a new Emperor of Empire? Do you think it will be possible?

1. I'm guessing either he'll try to convince us (as Alliance Commander) to help him overthrow Acina/Vowrawn, or else he'll turn up in the mess to deal with Valkorion's "resurrection plague" and make a headache out of that. possibly both at the same time.

2. The droid was a medical droid, he wanted it to finish healing him. I'm pretty sure he only wanted one ship, not multiple, to facilitate his escape.

3. If Marr were still alive, he'd have my vote. Not sure if Malgus would be better or worse than Acina/Vowrawn. And it's entirely possible that helping Malgus become Emperor is planned for a future story arc.