Chapter 5 Ascension Defend your companions

dgsunde

When did this mission become impossible to complete. I die within 10 seconds and I'm on story mode. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? It is literally impossible to get past. I've tried 50 times and I'm done. Either this needs to be fixed or able to be bypassed or you cannot complete the Eternal Throne story line. 10/23/2019

Have the same Problem. Looks like some sort of scaling for those kind of things is messed up since the patch.

Noticed something like this in Chapter 1 of Kotet too, but it was doable since the mobs u kill didnt respawn but in Chapter 5 its just impossible since its a whole event.

Hope they fix this soon cause if not u are just stuck and cant continue the story.....

When did this mission become impossible to complete. I die within 10 seconds and I'm on story mode. Is this a bug or is this on purpose? It is literally impossible to get past. I've tried 50 times and I'm done. Either this needs to be fixed or able to be bypassed or you cannot complete the Eternal Throne story line. 10/23/2019

It is doable. Hard, but possible, just did it. You want to stay away from enemies as far as possible, while using only your 1st spell, don't bother with rockets. Heal when you have to, don't let yourself get too low. Learn where enemies spawn and get to the opposite side of arena before the wave spawns.

Good luck.

Edited by GenBorlan

He is right guys, it's doable. You have to pay attention to the direction they are coming from. The first wave comes from in front of us, the second from the left, the third from the right. Then it resets and goes again in the same order only with harder robots. Only spam the laser key and the heal when it's up. Don't aim manually, just spam the key, I find that the auto-aim works best in this scenario. I successfully passed this crap mission by cheesing it.

May the 4th be with you :D

It is doable. Hard, but possible, just did it. You want to stay away from enemies as far as possible, while using only your 1st spell, don't bother with rockets. Heal when you have to, don't let yourself get too low. Learn where enemies spawn and get to the opposite side of arena before the wave spawns.

Good luck.

I was able to do it like you describe, problem is now i'm on Chapter VIII where you also use a walker but this time you face enemy walkers that have more health and do more damage and you can't avoid them which means you can't complete the mission. We have to wait for a patch to fix the issue. Here's a link for all the bugs and issues introduced in the 6.0 patch:

The devs have actually been aware of this bug for weeks now, ever since Onslaught first came out on the PTS but they didn't fix it, even though it's such a game breaking bug. They said they would send a fix this tuesday. Edited by Nelson_P

There is a bug in the bug: dont walk to battle, walk back in to the building behind you and zoom in so that you dont see the robot anymore but the enemy's. After that you just stomp the droids getting at you, they will not shoot you. I've made this story two times (without bugs), can't remeber if the battle lasted this long using this work a round, but I managed to get through

Source:

Edited by Baalrech
typo

There is a bug in the bug: dont walk to battle, walk back in to the building behind you and zoom in so that you dont see the robot anymore but the enemy's. After that you just stomp the droids getting at you, they will not shoot you. I've made this story two times (without bugs), can't remeber if the battle lasted this long using this work a round, but I managed to get through

Source:

Even if you somehow manage to get through Chapter 5, which is possible, as soon as you get to Chapter VIII you once again have to use a walker but this time you face enemy walkers that have more health and do more damage and are impossible to avoid which makes finishing the mission impossible. We have no choice but to wait for a fix.

I tried this over and over again with all methods but I can't kill them as fast as they are doing damage to me. It's dumb..I'm on story mode and I've completed this before but I don't ever remember redoing it like this...I even saw a YouTube video and that guy smoked it without hardly taking damage(this was posted couple years ago). I try and I'm half health within the first few seconds...this shouldn't be this hard, especially on story lol.

• 7 months later...
same problem cannot finish chapter 4 ascension

" defend your companions "

try it over and over but pfff

Use the repair ability, it is extremely overpowered. You virtually cannot lose that battle if you just remember to repair.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I know I'm necro'ing quite an old thread.. but I had to say I am thankful I found it. Quite honestly I can't believe this bug still exists, and it is majorly frustrating that it does. I had attempted this many times on a new character I made to relearn the game. and was about ready to make one of those regrettable rage customer service posts in the in game support.

Come on guys, fix this stuff.. almost two years. sheesh.

I know I'm necro'ing quite an old thread.. but I had to say I am thankful I found it. Quite honestly I can't believe this bug still exists, and it is majorly frustrating that it does. I had attempted this many times on a new character I made to relearn the game. and was about ready to make one of those regrettable rage customer service posts in the in game support.

Come on guys, fix this stuff.. almost two years. sheesh.

What bug is this?

I've beaten this fight several times in the past few months with zero issues

I'm having trouble with the Story Mode version. Several posts in this thread mention a heal ability. How does one get that? I have 4 abilities: Wrist Laser, Stomp, load rockets, and Rocket attack. A heal would be very helpful.

Edit: Of course, I found it right after I posted this. It's all the way on the right hand end of the hot bar. I wonder how many people never see it there, like me?

Edited by nerfling
Nevermind