KOTOR references?

Wallner

Hey guys!

I just wanted to know if you've found any quests, items or NPC's that's somehow related to the kotor games?

Would be fun to find out how many kotor easter eggs Bioware's put in :)

I think I've only encountered the Revan quests and The Endar Spire so far, how about you guys?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another (obvious) example is how Taris is a wasteland and the republic are trying to re-build it.

There's also the fact that there are rakghouls on Taris (you fight them in the undercity on Taris in KOTOR)

On the Republic side, and even the first FP on imperial side, you come across Satele Shan, who is supposedly a descendant of Bastila Shan from KOTOR.

Can't think of many more off the top of my head.

Satele Shan is a descendant of Bastila Shan.

There is reason to believe that a purple Twi'lek NPC on Black Talon, Yadira Ban, is a direct descendant

of the overseer, Yuthura Ban, from KOTOR's Korriban quests...I killed her on every playthrough, but I guess in canon she either survived or had a child before Revan came stomping through.

Taris is chock full, and it heavily indicates the canon outcomes of KOTOR:

• The original rakghoul plague vaccine is in storage in the old hospital, indicating that Revan went light side rather than selling it on the black market
  • That rambling old guy's Promised Land sect did get their questline completed and did find a halfway sheltered location, for all the good it did them
  • The Endar Spire's wreckage, of course, is right there, and the Republic gets a quest within it that triggers the KOTOR musical theme
  • The old swoop tracks are there, and I believe they're called Davik's Run

A Smuggler runs across what is labeled Canderous Ordo's skull; the Ulgos on Alderaan are very proud of the role that their ancestor Trask played in evacuating you-know-who from the Spire (Trask was the guy who did the game tutorial); I believe some player class needs to sell or steal the preserved head of Darth Bandon.

A set of eight monuments on Corellia are dedicated to the non-droid members of the KOTOR party: Bastila, Carth, Canderous, Juhani, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee, and you-know-who. The Republic gets a quest to fix these monuments after the Empire defaces them.

Edited by bright_ephemera

They don't show up for me, even after fixing them, maybe it's bugged or BW just thought nobody would notice.

Anyway... in the Ord Mantell cantina, there's a song on the jukebox called "For the Republic", I think I recognize it from KOTOR. The same track also plays when doing the bonus quest in Sobrik, when you have to reprogram the imperial cantina sound system.

Oteg mentions a Republic ship named Onasi in Maelstrom,

I think it got destroyed. Good riddance.

During one of the early BH quests on Hutta you can mimic Calo Nord with the countdown thing.

The "Knight of the Republic" title of the JK may be a not-so-subtle reference too.

During the Consular story there's an ambassador/senator guy from Manaan in your ship. Also all the Kolto abilities.

The high-level Guardian helms may be modeled after the headgear in KOTOR, both are goggles/visors of some sort.

Edited by SEGMENTUM

They don't show up for me, even after fixing them, maybe it's bugged or BW just thought nobody would notice.

Unfortunately, the monument "fix" on Corellia doesn't display. I watched, eagerly, but the display holo flickered and vanished again...I guess we have to settle for the idea that they have the KOTOR party's names on them.

One of the Sith commanders on Corellia gives his orders from the vessel Tears of Taris. Fondly named after the historic event.

Several family names seem to last for a long time. There's a Senator Dodonna in the Smuggler line (Rebel General Dodonna, anybody?) and a Jedi Knight contact on Nar Shaddaa by the name of Rieekan (possibly related to the rebel General Rieekan at Hoth's Echo Base in ESB).

There's a scavenging (I think) mission that sends your companion to an old estate on Dantooine...it might actually mention it was the Matale estate, I'm not sure.

The Imperial Nar Shaddaa questline in the upper industrial sector has an interesting side tour

that Revan supposedly did, in which he used some of the Rakatan technology related to the Star Forge as an Infinite Engine self-sustaining device.

Actually, the game has a lot about the fallout from the Star Forge and related technologies; most of that is in flashpoints.

Here's one I ran into, though I don't remember the specific quest. On Belmorra, Republic side, you have to sneak into Sobrik and you get a Stage Bonus. One of the Stages, 2 I think, is to sabotage the music in the Catina, when you do the music changes to the music played on the KOTOR loading screen.

There is tons and tons and tons and tons and even more past that references to both games, but more references to 1 than 2. Very little to 2 actually.... and they reference the 'Revan' book a bit too.

In the consular story there is a recording of Bastila. Hk-47 is in the game, meetra and revan make appearances as well.

There is a blaster named after the original owner of the Ebon hawk.. i forget his name.

90% of quests on Taris reference it, my favorite being the promised land ones.

Edited by Lithy

A set of eight monuments on Corellia are dedicated to the non-droid members of the KOTOR party: Bastila, Carth, Canderous, Juhani, Zaalbar, Mission, Jolee, and you-know-who. The Republic gets a quest to fix these monuments after the Empire defaces them.

Yeah I did that quest yesterday ! Too bad there weren't any actual holograms :/

And I love when I've encountered the Kotor soundtrack, they've often timed it great as well .

There's a few Sleheyron items, a planet that was cut out of KotOR 1 but still mentioned in Yuthera's back story and mentioned in KotOR 2 as where a Hutt gets his oil from. I found an Alderaanian cadet's pants on the Endar Spire and like to pretend that they're Trask's, but I think it was a random drop.

No offense, but the whole game is a Kotor I & II referance...there is an enitre planet even (here's a hint: it's where you can go to the crashed Endar Spire).

Datacrons unlock datalogs which ref those games, etc.

Edited by Eillack

As a jedi consular Bastila is in one of the holocrons ^^ She got old though.

Whenever I finish the endar spire or go into the rakata droid factory I always stand around and listen...great memories of all the dozens of times I played KOTOR. Oh and when you change the cantina music on Balmorra as a bonus mission you also put on Revan's theme...brilliant.

I do miss Taris a but though. I liked it in KOTOR, it felt lively and...real.

A big one I can think of off the top of my head is the Holocron from the Smuggler Tatooine class quest.

When you finish the class quest you find out that the holocron in question was the holocron of Darth Nihilus. Pretty spiffy, I thought.

Edited by Kltpxyzm
remove spoiler

No one meantioned the Foundry flash point yet? You can't really get anymore in your face with KOTOR content than that.

In the foundry flash point you kill HK-47 and Revan himself at the end.

We are also supposed to get a HK-51 droid that is modeled after HK-47 in the future according to the E3 vids.

Minor Consular story spoiler, if you haven't rolled past Justicar territory as a Consular on Coruscant then you may not wish to read it. However doesn't really give anything about the actual story away. Your choice, Spoiler was out of common courtesy :)

Bastilla Shan pops up in the consular questline, on Coruscant at about level 15 I think. She is in (along with two others) a holothingy which is said to have 3 jedi who fell to the darkside but risen again to the light.

Edited by Jeyraz

No one meantioned the Foundry flash point yet? You can't really get anymore in your face with KOTOR content than that.

We are also supposed to get a HK-51 droid that is modeled after HK-47 in the future according to the E3 vids.

HK-51 is a reference to Kotor 2's cut content.

Revan is not dead before the final blow struck, Revan's body disappeared in a flash of light.

Oh and he also quoted Malak's last words when he was defeated.

I've done the foundry and I have my own opinion on that, actually.

I hated that ending, especially after all that crap with the Revanites on Dromund Kaas. I saved the order and kept the title ever since and BAM no other choice when push came to shove. I think in the end I've been feeding a delusion that the jedi in the foundry was an insane Revanite who threatened the secrecy of the Emperor, who actually IS Revan.

Except I'm going to be really disappointed when I get further into the lvl 50 flashpoint :(

Revan is not dead before the final blow struck, Revan's body disappeared in a flash of light.

Oh and he also quoted Malak's last words when he was defeated.

That's something Jedi tend to do... body is absorbed into the force. Doesn't make them any less dead, but he could take over another person's body like some Sith do through out the story.

I've done the foundry and I have my own opinion on that, actually.

I hated that ending, especially after all that crap with the Revanites on Dromund Kaas. I saved the order and kept the title ever since and BAM no other choice when push came to shove. I think in the end I've been feeding a delusion that the jedi in the foundry was an insane Revanite who threatened the secrecy of the Emperor, who actually IS Revan.

Except I'm going to be really disappointed when I get further into the lvl 50 flashpoint :(

You don't think that HK-47 would know if the Revan he is talking to is the real Revan or not?

That's something Jedi tend to do... body is absorbed into the force. Doesn't make them any less dead, but he could take over another person's body like some Sith do through out the story.

Not the way he vanished, pretty sure a lightsaber would pretty much fall on the floor and such, they should be able to implement that if he really died so I'm not positive he is dead, doubt a jedi would do a flash of light like that, his body would of just disappeared leaving some clothes and the hilt behind lol.

Not the way he vanished, pretty sure a lightsaber would pretty much fall on the floor and such, they should be able to implement that if he really died so I'm not positive he is dead, doubt a jedi would do a flash of light like that, his body would of just disappeared leaving some clothes and the hilt behind lol.

This whole spoiler business does not make things easier ^^

I read somewhere that BW still wanted to keep the option open of Revan still being alive. I would like that because hes like a god to me, lol.