Underrated Side-Character

EAFSAMWISE

Playing again through the Alderaan storyline recently on the Imperial side, it occurred to me that a certain side-character from the bonus series is frankly underused: Chanya Medaal, leader of the Order of Extermination. She definitely seemed like a cool character but I will inevitably get inundated with the "she has a kill option so she's not relevant" mantra. With this in mind, it would be interesting to see her potentially pop up again as a character or even potential companion in future expansions somehow. The "kill" option mainly involves destroying her transport, not killing her up front. Thus she could've plausibly survived. regardless, it was probably clear to her that the Empire couldn't be trusted and that she was just being used as a pawn so if she shows up, it should be in light of her having cut ties with the Empire. Both factions could be able to recruit her but the Republic side could make her reasons more vague while the Imperial side could depend on your actions toward her during the bonus series.

Please share your thoughts

Edited by EAFSAMWISE

She definitely seemed like a cool character but I will inevitably get inundated with the "she has a kill option so she's not relevant" mantra. With this in mind, it would be interesting to see her potentially pop up again as a character or even potential companion in future expansions somehow.

"Because it's cool" isn't *by*itself* a good reason to add anything to a game. The problem is that she's a character who is beyond minor - she appears in one series of missions on one planet for one faction, and a series that (until some recent-ish changes, and maybe anyway) almost nobody ever runs. That would mean a very strong dose of "who the (...) is that?" about a companion-recruitment option.

Or maybe I should go and run that series myself. (I've been playing SWTOR since 2013, and I have still not fully run either Alderaan bonus series, and I'm not sure I ever touched the Impside one at all.) I'll give that a look during the week.

"Because it's cool" isn't *by*itself* a good reason to add anything to a game. The problem is that she's a character who is beyond minor - she appears in one series of missions on one planet for one faction, and a series that (until some recent-ish changes, and maybe anyway) almost nobody ever runs. That would mean a very strong dose of "who the (...) is that?" about a companion-recruitment option.

Or maybe I should go and run that series myself. (I've been playing SWTOR since 2013, and I have still not fully run either Alderaan bonus series, and I'm not sure I ever touched the Impside one at all.) I'll give that a look during the week.

That's fair, although minor NPCs from other things have in fact shown up or become more major in the expansions, I.e. Savik and Malora being obvious, but also Vice Admiral Narlock from the Esseles FP on the Pub side. I will confess I'm a bit of an OCD completionist so typically I always complete every quest, unlock the entire codex, and map out everything before moving on from each planet in the class story, hence why I know about pretty much every bonus series

Edited by EAFSAMWISE

That's fair, although minor NPCs from other things have in fact shown up or become more major in the expansions, I.e. Savik and Malora being obvious, but also Vice Admiral Narlock from the Esseles FP on the Pub side. I will confess I'm a bit of an OCD completionist so typically I always complete every quest, unlock the entire codex, and map out everything before moving on from each planet in the class story, hence why I know about pretty much every bonus series

They are definitely into bringing back a lot of very minor side characters in the newer expansions, which is kinda nice. Also thinking of Xarion and Anathel who only appeared in a grade 3 diplomacy mission before that. Or Darth Shaar who gives you a heroic-quest to get rid of her former lover on Belsavis. That said I do not really think of Chanya Medaal as a character worthy of a come back - there would have to be a storyline involving the Killiks to make her fit. Since Killik hunting is what she has dedicated her life to. And I don't really see a Killik storyline happening in the future.

That's fair, although minor NPCs from other things have in fact shown up or become more major in the expansions, I.e. Savik and Malora being obvious, but also Vice Admiral Narlock from the Esseles FP on the Pub side.

You left out one very minor character who shows up recently, a certain scheming (...) called Malora.

They are definitely into bringing back a lot of very minor side characters in the newer expansions, which is kinda nice. Also thinking of Xarion and Anathel who only appeared in a grade 3 diplomacy mission before that. Or Darth Shaar who gives you a heroic-quest to get rid of her former lover on Belsavis. That said I do not really think of Chanya Medaal as a character worthy of a come back - there would have to be a storyline involving the Killiks to make her fit. Since Killik hunting is what she has dedicated her life to. And I don't really see a Killik storyline happening in the future.

Or it could involve giant bugs in general since she's part of the Order of Extermination. I'd actually be interested in seeing regular civilized Colicoids in action more in the political/military sense like with Colicoid War Games FP (not the mindless drones we encounter on Balmoral). House Ulgo was what was driving the Killiks to attack ppl anyway and so I'd assume that would've died down eventually (not right away) after Bouris Ulgo fell.

Edited by EAFSAMWISE