Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Enforce your Code of Conduct

MikeCobalt
06.28.2019 , 07:01 PM | #11
This is the internet and Gen. Chat is likely to go this way often, SWTOR is *by Far one of the "Least Toxic" games I've found so far. This is Not saying its ok at all just how it typically is. If SWTOR did *Enforce its Ratings on the players chat conduct it would make a substantial impact on their income (Again, money over morals ). Other games do/ have monitored the general more closely but they seldom get very far (Lack of $$). Like others have said Report, Ignore and go on; even disabling Gen. Chat if you feel you need to. I just don't look; I don't want to Know what they're saying.

denavin
06.28.2019 , 07:35 PM | #12
Unless it is personally directed at you, take what ever is said in General Chat with a grain of salt. It is not important enough to loose sleep over or to get worked up about.

If you really dislike looking at what is being said, there is a little triangle on your screen you can click that will make all the bad stuff go away.... Rest Assured that It has been placed there for Your Protection......
HK-55: "Do you think she passed her test?"
Z0-OM: "According to my sensors.... NO
."

Floydian_Slip
07.12.2019 , 12:07 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by JediMasterNishmo View Post
Agreed with what most others are saying. Chat restrictions end up reducing longevity in a game. If you don't like what General Chat is saying, turn it off and continue. Nobody's forcing you to look at it. You can also create a tab that enables everything except General Chat as well.

Let people be inflammatory or immature if they want, they'll only make others put them on ignore.

TL;DR: You have all the control necessary to not see the stuff in chat that you don't want to see. No additional restrictions are necessary.
Actually, if you want to experience game content, World Bosses for example, you must group through general chat. Many dissenting opinions in this thread are just proving my point for me.

Floydian_Slip
07.12.2019 , 12:11 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by UmbralSpirit View Post
Welcome to the internet, you must be new here.
And you must have the same ethical standards as the trolls in chat.