Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Change to Cartel Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings with Legacy Weapons

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Change to Cartel Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings with Legacy Weapons
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
07.19.2017 , 12:23 AM | #611
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
Other players get banned, items removed for exploiting - why should this be any different?
How do you pull out the legitimate players who didn't even know that they could unlock tunings in this manner against the backdrop of players who did? I'm certain you would end up with false positives. Although I agree they could certainly find those players who have deliberately done this across their whole legacy, it still leaves a certain grey area.

In this instance I think BioWare have chosen the high road and just closed the loophole, especially as it's been going on for so long with crystals.

I do agree though, why should this be any different?

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

Chelz's Avatar


Chelz
07.19.2017 , 01:36 AM | #612
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
I'm a white knight for criticizing BWA's communication? Someone clearly doesn't know the meaning of the terms they are using lol.
You are under a false assumption, they are under no obligation at all to communicate anything with you, especially as it relates to exploits in "their" game. The communication you do receive is done as a courtesy. The Dev team explained themselves, which as we previously went over they didn't have to, so perhaps you should just thank them and go about your way.

Also btw they were using the term correctly.

white knight
/ˈˌ(h)wīt ˈnīt/
noun
a person or thing that comes to someone's aid.

Although there is a better term they could have used. Troll maybe. Were you just trolling?

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
07.19.2017 , 04:42 PM | #613
Quote: Originally Posted by DarthDymond View Post
You continue to conflate "I am not happy with the answer" with "they have not given an answer". As has been repeatedly pointed out:
You continue to misconstrue the questions being asked solely to support your rather strange view of "yes they have answered it", at this stage I can't even fathom what stake you have in any of this or why you would so intensely push to state they've addressed questions they clearly have not.

All you are doing is defending a lack of genuine discussion (and reasonable communication on this particular issue) which benefits no one at all. Players remain unhappy, affected by the issue and in the dark whilst your point of view gains ... exactly nothing.


Quote:
(And as to "My post was also after his post so how can they answer something before it was even asked?": other people were already raising the same issue before he posted.)
People were already raising the issue asking for clarification on the "whys" before he even posted? Wow they must be psychic or something then right to already know what action BWA were going to take to then question that action ...

Maybe stop posting for the sake of posting because your argument is starting to get quite illogical now.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
07.19.2017 , 04:44 PM | #614
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
How do you pull out the legitimate players who didn't even know that they could unlock tunings in this manner against the backdrop of players who did? I'm certain you would end up with false positives. Although I agree they could certainly find those players who have deliberately done this across their whole legacy, it still leaves a certain grey area.
True enough but then that's always been the case with exploits. Remember Ziost and people getting actioned/warned for effectively getting guild summoned?

I think it would be fairly obvious to see those who genuinely targeted the exploit but it would require manual work and in regards to dealing with exploits that's something that BWA have seemingly never been too interested in doing.

MeNaCe-NZ's Avatar


MeNaCe-NZ
07.19.2017 , 04:47 PM | #615
Quote: Originally Posted by Chelz View Post
You are under a false assumption, they are under no obligation at all to communicate anything with you, especially as it relates to exploits in "their" game. The communication you do receive is done as a courtesy. The Dev team explained themselves, which as we previously went over they didn't have to, so perhaps you should just thank them and go about your way.
Stop right there strawman - who ever said they obliged? I've every right to request and insist on something, they have every right to ignore me. At no point was it insinuated they have an obligation to do so - simply pointed out not doing so will cause more ill will amongst the community towards them.

Quote:
Also btw they were using the term correctly.

white knight
/ˈˌ(h)wīt ˈnīt/
noun
a person or thing that comes to someone's aid.
I am coming to someone's aid now? Heh ok.

Quote:
Although there is a better term they could have used. Troll maybe. Were you just trolling?
Perhaps if you knew the definition of this term also the answer would be self explanatory. Funny how people always revert to the "troll" or "white knight" terminology when they can't hold a reasoned argument, kind of childish really.

amcdermo's Avatar


amcdermo
07.19.2017 , 05:16 PM | #616
I did this with a couple of characters but I thought it was a feature since there are items you can claim through the mail per character or pay to unlock so the collection cost was just for convenience. Especially as I found out about transferring crystals through guide sites and not some dodgy exploitation site or Youtube video.

Sargrith's Avatar


Sargrith
07.19.2017 , 09:25 PM | #617
In the end this just gives us a reason not to unlock things the legitimate way because it only leaves you vulnerable to getting you money taken but what you paid for taken away. It really seems unethical on their end and certainly gives you a reason to distrust the new group cares any more than the old did.

Han_Salo's Avatar


Han_Salo
07.29.2017 , 02:06 AM | #618
May I ask if solving of the weapon tuning problem is still on the list for 5.4?
Handmaidens of Atris > The Jedi Tower > T3-M4 > Tulak Hord
Spoiler

Transcendent's Avatar


Transcendent
08.21.2017 , 12:51 PM | #619
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Our plan with Patch 5.4 in August is to resolve this new issue by allowing Collection Unlocked Crystals and Tunings to be transferred using your legacy weapons as you did previously (no cost/no removing of the items first).
Thank you for taking the time to fix this issue in 5.4.


Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

Quraswren's Avatar


Quraswren
08.21.2017 , 01:30 PM | #620
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
Thank you for taking the time to fix this issue in 5.4.

Yea, 4 years or so later I'm glad they got around to it.

Easier now to just leave the crystals I made in there and not mess with the cartel market ones at all.
Current subscriber: Refer code: http://www.swtor.com/r/t4QfLH
What you get: http://www.swtor.com/info/friends