Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change to Cartel Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings with Legacy Weapons

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Change to Cartel Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings with Legacy Weapons
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

AscendingSky
07.11.2017 , 01:34 PM | #211
Quote: Originally Posted by NuSeC View Post
My thoughts exactly, I did not pay to unlock those items so they would become worthless.

I want my collections unlock amount refunded.
/signed
#FixConquest
"RNG is EXCITING!!!!!!" -- Ben Irving, Former SWTOR Lead Producer
Vote With Your Wallet - Boycott Cartel Packs!

Andryah
07.11.2017 , 01:37 PM | #212
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
The cynical sod in me thinks they tried to slip this one in under the radar of the nerfs, hoping players wouldn't notice.

*removes tin foil hat and carries on crafting crystals for legacy weapons* (alternatively use the Eternal Championship vendor for crystals / Rakghoul Event vendor for crystals etc)
IF your thought were true... then they would have actually done it stealth mode and not put it in the patch notes.
Current use of smartphones and computers have already become such a part of who we are to which he sees them as an extension of everyday life that makes us “cyborgs. Further, AI is a serious potential risk to the future of humanity.
- Elon Musk

AleksandarKey
07.11.2017 , 01:40 PM | #213
W H Y Y O U SO G R E E D Y !>!>!>!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I've spent so much time to collect credits to buy many rare crystals, those crystals were the best part of the game, everything else is boring.

wainot-keel
07.11.2017 , 02:02 PM | #214
Quote: Originally Posted by Transcendent View Post
The cynical sod in me thinks they tried to slip this one in under the radar of the nerfs, hoping players wouldn't notice.

*removes tin foil hat and carries on crafting crystals for legacy weapons* (alternatively use the Eternal Championship vendor for crystals / Rakghoul Event vendor for crystals etc)
nah, I really doubt they even hoped for a second this wouldn't be picked up by players.
Probably this change is more widely hated than all the nerfs, lol.

ArcTrooperElite
07.11.2017 , 03:37 PM | #215
22 pages of replies and not a single response for Bioware on this.

This is unacceptable! Because you lack the competence to deal with an account unlock work around those of us who have paid our credits and/or cartel coins to unlock tunings and crystals account wide now must pay to extract tunings and crystals to put my saber in my legacy bank. Are you coders really so inept that this was the only solution?

9100 credits everytime i want to send weapons to an alt who has the crystals and tuning unlocked. You know I get sick of stupid complaints about comapnions and other frivolousstuff but this is BW taking a big steaming crap on it's players.

I'll be boycotting the cartel market until this fixed.
This is not fun. This is the opposite of fun.

Transcendent
07.11.2017 , 03:38 PM | #216
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
IF your thought were true... then they would have actually done it stealth mode and not put it in the patch notes.
They've never done anything intentional like that before, how could you suggest such a thing?!

Anyway. Eric / Keith.

If this is going to be left as it is, honestly can I have a refund for my account unlocked crystals please. You've done yourselves a disservice with this change, essentially making CM crystals not work for players who have met the following criteria;
  • Purchased packs or individual CM crystals or CM crystal packs (bronze / silver / gold).
  • Purchased packs or individual Tunings (or earned them via the DvL event)
  • Paid to unlock those CM crystals and tunings account wide.
  • Participated in content that enables players to earn Legacy Weapons that are designed to be passed between characters on a players account.
  • Not circumvented account unlocks for CM crystals or tunings by unlocking them individually.

So for those customers who have played by the rules, why exactly are we being penalised by this change? Most of us can understand why the change is being implemented - however it detracts seriously from those of us who haven't bent those rules.

So are you going to resolve this issue (if so can we have a timescale), if not, can you refund account wide unlocks for those of us who haven't circumvented the intention of account unlocks and legacy weapons?.

Thanks to everyone who has used my Refer a Friend link over the years, may the force be with you.

CloudCastle
07.11.2017 , 03:47 PM | #217
My favorite solution to this would be to eliminate the cost to remove crystals and tunings from weapons. I used to be able to put legacy weapons in my legacy vault for free, and now I have to pay to put them in the vault. I do not think (hope?) that the intent of this change was to add a cost to certain uses of the legacy vault. Therefore, that cost should be removed.

I do not favor making crystals like dyes. I do not like the idea of all my crafted crystals suddenly becoming single use. That would also be a loss for the player and not a gain.

Eshvara
07.11.2017 , 03:51 PM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by CloudCastle View Post
My favorite solution to this would be to eliminate the cost to remove crystals and tunings from weapons. I used to be able to put legacy weapons in my legacy vault for free, and now I have to pay to put them in the vault.
Yeah I thought of this as well, at least remove the cost to remove crystals and tunings from legacy weapons. That would be fair yeah? The others can remain as they are.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Screaming_Ziva
07.11.2017 , 03:52 PM | #219
It is disappointing, although not unexpected, that Eric has been posting today and he is completely avoiding these threads.

I understand where they are coming from on this (although Eric said years ago that moving cartel crystals in legacy weapons was not considered an exploit) but, for it to not allow account unlocked crystals and tunings to be put into legacy storage is absolutely stupid.
THIS is the Referral Link you are looking for. Click for 7 days Free Access, 1 Free Server Transfer, and a Free Jumpstart or Preferred Bundle.

Pscyon
07.11.2017 , 04:02 PM | #220
Eric (or Keith) has to actually know what to respond before responding. Eric's just a PR guy, he probably doesn't know the reasoning behind or the technical spesifics of this change. So he can't comment on it. Furthermore, this is obviously a volatile subject so they'll want to choose their response carefully lest they give out incorrect information or piss off the community even more.

We definitely should get a response to this, I agree. And hopefully that response will let us know they intend to fix this somehow. But the fact they haven't addressed this thread/issue -yet- isn't the end of the world.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.