Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change to Cartel Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings with Legacy Weapons

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Change to Cartel Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings with Legacy Weapons
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Estelindis
07.10.2017 , 11:30 AM | #1
Patch notes read: "Character bound Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings from the Cartel Market (direct sale or packs) can no longer be moved across characters via Legacy Weapons."

What is the community's view on this?

My opinion is that this is a bad change. I appreciate that Bioware probably want to make more money by eliminating a way to avoid paying for account-wide unlock. However, it's going to be a real pain to share weapons via legacy storage from now on. Personally, I think that the inconvenience to players is going to annoy more people and cause more problems than whatever is gained via the cartel market. And, actually, colour crystals might seem less attractive and less likely to be purchased due to this change.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

LasagnaSurfer
07.10.2017 , 11:33 AM | #2
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Patch notes read: "Character bound Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings from the Cartel Market (direct sale or packs) can no longer be moved across characters via Legacy Weapons."

What is the community's view on this?
It better be a joke that they are removing a feature of legacy weapons and a serious quality of life issue for players who use the same weapons on mirror toons in order to try to make a buck for the company.

Where are the dropped weapons tunings to be used on these legacy weapons? Oh, they don't exist. So you can't put a tuning or a cartel crystal on any legacy weapons effectively. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla> Satele Shan twitch.tv/zwoopity

Rankyn
07.10.2017 , 11:33 AM | #3
It seems to me that they're tired of people getting free Collection unlocks and are putting a stop to it.
I imagine that it'll still be possible to use them in Legacy weapons, just not unlock them on more than one character.
Keep up to date with game events at
SWTORCalendar.com

Lowarro
07.10.2017 , 11:33 AM | #4
Personally it looks like its going to be enough of a pain in the @## to get me to stop using tunings and cartel market crystals entirely as my entire armory is legacy bound weapons in the legacy bank. And I am one who has already spent quite a bit on legacy unlocks for tunings and crystals.
Companion Master My Referral Code
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I think that you have beaten the game . Congrats, that is crazy!

-eric

Eshvara
07.10.2017 , 11:33 AM | #5
I don't think most people will like this change, but it wasn't supposed to be like this from the start. When something takes so long to get fixed people get used to it and then feel frustrated when it's being taken away. It's sad, but I feel like I can't really fault them for it as it was a bug. Hopefully in the future they'll notify that bugs like these will get changed eventually! Or just fix them sooner really.
I guess today is your last chance to unlock them on all your toons for free! I have.
Hairy Co-pilot.
👀

Jerba
07.10.2017 , 11:34 AM | #6
This is a major issue for my guildies since they all use legacy weapons with CM color crystals. Any chance to make an exception if the item was unlocked account-wide in Collections?
Alternatively, how about you change the Collections so we can only get copies of crystals/tunings after paying the CC unlock? Then players can no longer get a second crystal for their offhand without paying CC, but there'd be no need for a restriction like this.

Otherwise, my guildies will probably go back to non-CM crystals to avoid the hassle of removing the crystal each time. I can see why you'd do this for tunings, but it's always been tolerated to move color crystals via legacy weapons, so not sure why you want to prevent it now.

Icestar
07.10.2017 , 11:37 AM | #7
I am ok with it, if something is worth having on several characters I unlock it with cartel coins.

LasagnaSurfer
07.10.2017 , 11:37 AM | #8
No, I don't see why a cartel market item we already paid for has to be repaid for again.

Paying twice is not okay.
Zwoop <Harbingers of Valhalla> & <Raiders of Valhalla> Satele Shan twitch.tv/zwoopity

Estelindis
07.10.2017 , 11:43 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by LasagnaSurfer View Post
No, I don't see why a cartel market item we already paid for has to be repaid for again.

Well, to be fair, that's exactly how the rest of collections work, and I don't actually mind. If I really like a set of armour, I'll happily pay to unlock it for my whole legacy. I only buy armour with credits, though, so ultimately I'm only paying with CC once (and even then I just use my stipend from the sub; I don't buy CC just to unlock stuff).

What's a bit of a problem in this case is that we had pretty much no warning for this change. We have unlock sales about twice a year and I generally save up my CC and only buy unlocks then. I thought about spending CC on a crystal so that I could access it on other servers... but, ultimately, the way legacy weapons worked meant that it felt like better "value" to spend the CC on armour. If I'd known this was going to happen, though, I probably would've unlocked a few crystals.

So while I'd really rather they didn't make this change at all, I'd suggest a compromise of a) not applying the limitation in any case where the crystal or tuning is unlocked account-wide, and b) having a special unlock sale for crystals at the same time as they apply this change.
|| My referral link || Trask Ulgo > The Progenitor > Darth Malgus ||
Satisfying returns for class companions!
Especially companions of the long-neglected consular...
~~~Felix Iresso return discussion~~~

IntegrationArch
07.10.2017 , 11:49 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by LasagnaSurfer View Post

Anything to punish new money grabs.