Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change to Cartel Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings with Legacy Weapons

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Change to Cartel Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings with Legacy Weapons
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

dscount
07.11.2017 , 01:30 AM | #111
Quote: Originally Posted by MeNaCe-NZ View Post
Strange ... where is the Keith post this time?

Are we already back to anytime there is a change that the community detest, such as this, the communication on the issue stops? Where is the communication this time?

I mean the fact that this was conveniently left out announcing until the last moment just tells me the more things change, the more they remain the same.

There have been plenty of ideas both here and reddit on how things could have been managed MUCH better than this to ensure people use the collections system to unlock items and still being able to use their legacy weapons yet instead this decision was made YEARS after the system was introduced. There are just no excuses as far as I'm concerned to these illogical changes anymore that turn your community against you.

Prove me wrong though. Let us see a gold post on the issue, the thought process that led BWA to this decision and what, if anything, is going to be changed to appease your dwindling player base?

Until we start seeing more action and actual "discussion" to go along with those gold posts then all we've been getting is lip service as far as I'm concerned.
I have to agree. The last two "BAD NEWS" have been complete silence from both Musco and Keith. Class balance forums went WEEKS without any responses until last week enough nudging by player they said "Yea... not going to change anything"... now they do this crap and don't even give any clarity to the issues that are about to explode on the user community. Very crappy communication skills for someone (Bioware) that is trying to repair its community relations. One step forward and three steps back guys. Where was Eric's "Litmus" testing on these legacy crap?
Reference Link: Why not? http://www.swtor.com/r/FDltnT
WTB Legacy Bound Ear, Implants, Relics

Eli_Porter
07.11.2017 , 01:32 AM | #112
Quote: Originally Posted by Lowarro View Post
This is in no way a prerequisite for adding weapons to outfit designer. If anything adding weapons to outfit designer should be a prereq for the change they are making as it would more or less fix the issue that their "fix" causes with the intended use of legacy bound weapons. This is them closing an old loophole with collections that just got a lot bigger when they added tunings to collections.

cont.
Well said.

I hope they revert the change until weapons in outfit designer is released, but I'd settle for them just releasing it sooner than expected (in 5.4 at the very least).

Alec_Fortescue
07.11.2017 , 03:35 AM | #113
What kind of a yellow post are you guys expecting? There is no way to salvage this. Whatever they will say it will be obvious they're trying to disguise a cash grab with sweet words. The only acceptable solution would be to come out and apologize for a bad decision of removing a feature that worked fine for five years and reverting it or making it a subscriber benefit, so most people will remain unaffected.

Sorry Keith but I have lost most entire hope I had for you saving SWTOR after this change.

Well, you can still win me over, whatever you do, with traditional Jedi robes in the end.
http://www.swtor.com/r/FsJS44 Please thank me for a victorious five-year fight for traditional Jedi robes in SWTOR.

QuinlanSaathis
07.11.2017 , 03:59 AM | #114
Meh....

I just pulled all my weapons and offhands and overwrote the crystals with a Legacy Black Purple Striated.
Its Legacy so will go into the bank without issue.

Take out weapon change crystal to one I want use it change back to a black/purple put it back
No fuss no muss.

IanArgent
07.11.2017 , 06:07 AM | #115
Quote: Originally Posted by GndAdmiralThrawn View Post
I think people are overreacting. This is clearly a prereq change for adding weapon character customization slots. It is grossly inconvenient that this change was released before the other though, however I suspect they already have the slots in the works to address that functionality.

Think about it. With customization weapon slots, they are now free to patch the legacy collection issue without troubling players. Sure you need to pay for the unlock as intended, but that's their prerogative and a different topic. It also doesn't affect sharing gear with alts even if they lock it down since you'd put the tunings/crystals per character into the separate costume weapon that doesn't contain your gear.
Then they should have made them like diyes - delete, not remove; and let them carry over between legacy members.

This was really not very well thought out.
You want the Things? Do some Work.
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

Eli_Porter
07.11.2017 , 06:12 AM | #116
Quote: Originally Posted by IanArgent View Post
Then they should have made them like diyes - delete, not remove; and let them carry over between legacy members.

This was really not very well thought out.
And then no one will use CM weapons on alts if they want to share tunings/crystals, as they could just use legacy weapons instead. No thanks.

Just revert the change until we get weapons in outfit designer.

IanArgent
07.11.2017 , 06:24 AM | #117
Quote: Originally Posted by Eli_Porter View Post
And then no one will use CM weapons on alts if they want to share tunings/crystals, as they could just use legacy weapons instead. No thanks.

Just revert the change until we get weapons in outfit designer.
Pay for the unlock if you want to share cosmetics.
You want the Things? Do some Work.
Quote: Originally Posted by TUXs View Post
that doesn't mean I want anyone else punished or shunned...we ALL matter.
Referral link - click it, or don't

MotherCrusher
07.11.2017 , 06:27 AM | #118
you do realize this will likely affect even those who paid for it, right? guess you dont. as always it will take another 6 months to fix anything
http://www.swtor.com/r/yh6KMd <- click for 7 days of free sub and other goodies!

Eli_Porter
07.11.2017 , 06:29 AM | #119
This is NOT about sharing cosmetics.

This is about sharing the actual weapon with an alt while your main is using cosmetics.

omaan
07.11.2017 , 06:57 AM | #120
Quote: Originally Posted by Estelindis View Post
Patch notes read: "Character bound Color Crystals and Weapon Tunings from the Cartel Market (direct sale or packs) can no longer be moved across characters via Legacy Weapons."

What is the community's view on this?

My opinion is that this is a bad change. I appreciate that Bioware probably want to make more money by eliminating a way to avoid paying for account-wide unlock. However, it's going to be a real pain to share weapons via legacy storage from now on. Personally, I think that the inconvenience to players is going to annoy more people and cause more problems than whatever is gained via the cartel market. And, actually, colour crystals might seem less attractive and less likely to be purchased due to this change.
Nothing surprising since this game have changed to a milking grab simulator where administrators don't fix buggs, provide quality content but selling shiny bubbles for doll lovers trying to get as much money as they want.