SWTOR for PS3

XxJONY_PRxX

you know, I was able to run the game on a 2 year old vaio at minimum settings before my new desktop arrived. How old is your computer that it can't run TOR? In my experience the requirements are pretty tame compared to some games. It shouldn't cost more than a few hundred to get a computer that can run it.

Understandably a few hundred might as well be a few thousand to some people, but in my opinion, saving up is worth it. This game was worth the two years of saving it took me to get my PC.

you know, I was able to run the game on a 2 year old vaio at minimum settings before my new desktop arrived. How old is your computer that it can't run TOR? In my experience the requirements are pretty tame compared to some games. It shouldn't cost more than a few hundred to get a computer that can run it.

Understandably a few hundred might as well be a few thousand to some people, but in my opinion, saving up is worth it. This game was worth the two years of saving it took me to get my PC.

3 years ago my laptop was a pretty damn good one (custom parts, new). Now I may consider myself lucky to be able to have a combat with more then 20fps in this game. There is something seriously screwed up in the programming.

you most likely wont see any mmos worth while on this generations consoles they just dont have the power, now next most likely will have them.

's not really about the power. It's mostly about the suitability of MMOs to consoles. If you want an example of what happens when you try and have an MMO on a console and on PC, just look at DC Universe Online.

The last thing this game needs is to be nailed to a console. Look at FFXI that game was tied to consoles and now feels completely limited to many players because the graphics will/would never be updated the systems are set in stone all to allow someone who can't maintain a computer to be able to play.

No, just No.

3 years ago my laptop was a pretty damn good one (custom parts, new). Now I may consider myself lucky to be able to have a combat with more then 20fps in this game. There is something seriously screwed up in the programming.

No, you're machine just doesn't cut it anymore. Sorry this game made you realize that.

the makers need to make SWTOR for PS3 for players that dont have the requirements to play it

SOE never brought Star Wars: Galaxies to PS3, so don't hold your breath for a developer that isn't owned by Sony to decide to bring its MMO to a platform where the likelyhood of its userbase jumping on board would be minimal at best.

You can't just throw an MMO on a console. For one, the control scheme would be terrible. MMO's just require way to many buttons for it to work on a console. Now that's not to say the game couldn't have support for mouse and keyboard, but generally a console setup is on a tv in front of a couch. Anyone using a gamepad would get destroyed in pvp by keyboard and mouse players. Second, as a couple other people have said graphics and updates. It limits the games expansion and enhancement on a technical level (graphics, features, etc.). Any computer with this games minimum requirements should have enough expansion capability to play it decently at a relatively low cost. PC has already lost pretty much every other genre to consoles (in terms of design) let us keep something

Play DC:UO for a feel of how a PS3 MMO would play, and then get back to us on what you find.

I play DCUO, and it plays a hell of alot better on PS3 then it does on PC.

The controls set up is perfect for a console contoler.

the makers need to make SWTOR for PS3 for players that dont have the requirements to play it

I don't think PS3 would meet the requirements....... PS3 is quite bad compared to PC. The amount of optimization needed (ignoring the work on actually making it a PS3 game) would be enough to make it run on even more PCs... So that might be a better goal than remaking the whole thing.

i heard this game can run on extremely poor computers(by design). you just can't turn on all the fancy visual effects

That's correct if you assume poor computers = poor video cards. This game requires a LOT of CPU power, and even with a good Video Card, you'll get bad framerates no matter your settings if your CPU is too bad (I can get as low as 5 fps with a 9800 GT on lowest resolution and lowest settings... Aaaand my FPS doesn't change if I put everything on highest and 1680x1050).

Edited by Reddum