Guardian is OP

FunRose

Hi, i would like to make a suggestion about juggernaut/guardian.The mid skill tree is overpowered,i have never seen another skill tree so well made to cause damage with the benefit of the high damage reduction.For examble i cannot understand why you gave sundering assault/strike that reduces armor rating by 20% for 45 seconds to guardian/juggernaut ,that skill should have been given to sentinel/maruder as a pure damage advanced class.Also why Sentinel/Maruder share the same skill(Dispatch/Vicious throw) with Guardian/Juggernaut, Sentinel/Marauder should be the only advanced class to have this skill.I Also noticed that these two advanced class also share a passive skill at the mid skill tree (Hand of justice/Slaughter) (Keening/Destroyer) that they can use (Dispatch/Vicious throw) at any health level.My opinion that these skill should be unique and useble only for Sentinels/Marauders as a pure damage class...Also all the other three classes wear the same armor but Guardians/Juggernuat wears heavy and Sentinel/Marauder wear medium.

Thanks for your attention and sorry for my english!

Hi, i would like to make a suggestion about juggernaut/guardian.The mid skill tree is overpowered,i have never seen another skill tree so well made to cause damage with the benefit of the high damage reduction.For examble i cannot understand why you gave sundering assault/strike that reduces armor rating by 20% for 45 seconds to guardian/juggernaut ,that skill should have been given to sentinel/maruder as a pure damage advanced class.Also why Sentinel/Maruder share the same skill(Dispatch/Vicious throw) with Guardian/Juggernaut, Sentinel/Marauder should be the only advanced class to have this skill.I Also noticed that these two advanced class also share a passive skill at the mid skill tree (Hand of justice/Slaughter) (Keening/Destroyer) that they can use (Dispatch/Vicious throw) at any health level.My opinion that these skill should be unique and useble only for Sentinels/Marauders as a pure damage class...Also all the other three classes wear the same armor but Guardians/Juggernuat wears heavy and Sentinel/Marauder wear medium.

Thanks for your attention and sorry for my english!

A middle tree guardian is a pure damage class. And sentinel does not need heavy armor. My combat sent does just fine with medium armor.

Just shut the flying **** with your whinging and actually use statistical evidence. Juggernaut and Guardian players in PVE are close if not better than Sentinel/Marauder in damage but have more mobility issues and less utility, whereas sentinels carry more group utility to increase group damage.

See for evidence: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=734965

and: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=711350

Lol alright so let me get this straight. You think the guardians/juggs are OP because we have heavy armor and a 20% debuff.

Sentinels/maras have inspiration/bloodthirst that turns the group into super powered damage dealers and one of your trees has self heals. Your offhand damage does more than our focus generator and your gap closer is off CD more frequently.

My guess is that you thought you were BA until a lovely Jug/Guardian put you in your place and naturally that meant we were at fault and OP and not your fault cause you weren't skilled enough to best us.

Lol alright so let me get this straight. You think the guardians/juggs are OP because we have heavy armor and a 20% debuff.

Sentinels/maras have inspiration/bloodthirst that turns the group into super powered damage dealers and one of your trees has self heals. Your offhand damage does more than our focus generator and your gap closer is off CD more frequently.

My guess is that you thought you were BA until a lovely Jug/Guardian put you in your place and naturally that meant we were at fault and OP and not your fault cause you weren't skilled enough to best us.

Haha, good call.

Since the Focused Defense buff I don't think I've lost to a Mara in a 1on1. FD sure trumps guarded by the force now.

The OP seriously reminds me of "I can no longer beat a Jugg in 1v1. It's OP."

While still utilizing the same strats from pre2.7.

I am getting so sick of hearing crap about Focused Defense. I do have to admit tho, it was entertaining to read that my Sundering Strike is what makes me OP.

As someone already said, Vigilance Guardian is a PURE DPS spec/class. There is not a single spec in the game thats "Hybrid" unless its built by the player.

It may be that the OP is confused from playing Rift and is thinking the Guards/Juggs are Support classes....LOL.

I myself who has a 47 Vigilance Guardian, think of myself as OP especially in PvP, now i'm not saying it's a bad thing, but i do think that the other classes should be buffed UP to other classes, and the "OP" classes not downgraded, like what happened to Smash spec, and by proxy DoT Smash for Sentnels.

I myself who has a 47 Vigilance Guardian, think of myself as OP especially in PvP, now i'm not saying it's a bad thing, but i do think that the other classes should be buffed UP to other classes, and the "OP" classes not downgraded, like what happened to Smash spec, and by proxy DoT Smash for Sentnels.

Well 47 is filled with scrubs, and Vig has always excelled at taking down exactly scrubs.

It's fine, at 55 the picture becomes complete.

Pretty simple.

Point 1: Damage reduction to Guards vs Sents. Sents have inspiration/zen/etc, offhands and other tools within their trees to do more damage without the need for a rend. Guardians do not possess those offensive cooldowns, raid utilities, offhands and fun talents. To make up for this we have armor reduction which we share with a few other classes.

Point 2: You're ignoring the fundamental bit of classes in SWTOR. These are advanced classes. We are Jedi Knights first, Guardians or Sentinels second. We will share basic abilities and Dispatch happens to be one of them.

Point 3: I do agree that I wish we were different in this regard but I wouldn't say that sharing this mechanic is wrong or makes Guards carbon copies. This ability is flavor for us, a little sweetener to our DPS.

Point 4: Look at the tools provided to both. When a Combat sent is in full swing their mitigation is on par with Guards. Watchmen has self healing to offset their lack of armor. Sents have the best (even with the recent guard changes) suite of defensive cooldowns. The armor point is pretty much a wash.

If you're having issues taking down a Guardian I recommend rolling one and learning its weaknesses. Also check out any of the guides on the Sent forums, the few that I read where mostly correct.

Inspiration is a frigging joke ever since they nerfed it. The reason it's a joke is because, once used, the entire allied team is incapable of using it again until the debuff expires. And, to the "super powered" charge, it's a 15% damage buff for 15 seconds on a 5 minute CD that requires 30 stacks of Centering. Significant, but not over the top, and if it is applied at the wrong time it's very overrated. It is best used during clutch moments and those don't happen all the time.

Those self heals are at 1% of total health pool. Don't even try that fatuous argument. You'll lose.

I am not suggesting you're overpowered, but you need to scale back your vitriol--especially when you don't know the Sentinel class.

Inspiration is a frigging joke ever since they nerfed it. The reason it's a joke is because, once used, the entire allied team is incapable of using it again until the debuff expires. And, to the "super powered" charge, it's a 15% damage buff for 15 seconds on a 5 minute CD that requires 30 stacks of Centering. Significant, but not over the top, and if it is applied at the wrong time it's very overrated. It is best used during clutch moments and those don't happen all the time.

Those self heals are at 1% of total health pool. Don't even try that fatuous argument. You'll lose.

I am not suggesting you're overpowered, but you need to scale back your vitriol--especially when you don't know the Sentinel class.

I remember when Watchman was fun... I remember indeed.

I've suffered enough from the HVY armor thing, shut up.

I refuse to be nerfed to bottom again. So NO.

NO

NO NONONONONONONNONONONONONONONONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

No.

NO.

No.

I think we will get nerfed though. There seems to be an awful lot of crying about us going on lately.

I think part of it might have to do with the amount of Vigliance Guardians running around now that focus is gone. All those focus players had to switch to something.

Inspiration was actually on of the better adjustments bioware did. It was a good give and take. Got a lockout but also buffed it so it affected entire op group. Instead of just 4 people. And stopped sentinal stacking which was happening. Why take a guardian in a op over a sentinal when you could cycle inspiration? Now maybe 5 min is a little long and could have anothe look at. I have seen " nah not a sentinal, we have "one" already." And thats not right. Bit i do not know if i would call it a "nerf".

And to the OP. Jusy no.

Sorry for typo's on my phone.

I think we will get nerfed though. There seems to be an awful lot of crying about us going on lately.

I think part of it might have to do with the amount of Vigliance Guardians running around now that focus is gone. All those focus players had to switch to something.

It hardly seems "fair" that vigilance gets beaten senseless with the nerf bat because its the more effective of the guardian DPS trees. I mean hell, we only have 2 options and if you don't want to play smash you have 1 choice.

Suggesting anything based on your experiences at lvl 47 is utterly ridiculous. Snipers get their execute earlier than anyone else, and benefit from it for quite some time. This is an example of why some classes will perform better than others depending on level.

However, balance between classes pre-55 is irrelevant (especially considering the lvl differences within the two lowbie brackets), as is your post.

But please, come to the pvp forum, where you're a known baddie, and repost this garbage there so we can get the crowd this is meant for to lol as well. For anyone taking his post seriously, here is an example post of his:

PvP shouldnt need teamwork.

/thread

Edited by Telaan