Full Elite War Hero.. Deception sucks

ashanator

Just hit full elite war hero on my sin today and my conclusion is deception seriously sucks.

Comparing it to madness the damage with deception just cant keep up, when creeping terror, discharge and crushing darkness are running, voltaic slash shock and discharge can't keep up.

People might say decep has more burst ? Where ? My shock hits for 1.9k non crit and discharge 2.3k then i have nothing as voltaic slash is beyond useless compared to a fully specced thrash.

I'm not hating on decep as this is the build i want as i find the play style better but just cant leave madness as the damage and survivability is much much better.

Anyone else have any luck with deception ?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk.. hitting for around 2k non-crit with +50% crit damage talents is pretty good actually. Additionally, you don't have to go all 31 points in Deception.. you can go around 27 and still grab the 50% extra crit on thrash. Edited by Xeraz

Just hit full elite war hero on my sin today and my conclusion is deception seriously sucks.

Comparing it to madness the damage with deception just cant keep up, when creeping terror, discharge and crushing darkness are running, voltaic slash shock and discharge can't keep up.

People might say decep has more burst ? Where ? My shock hits for 1.9k non crit and discharge 2.3k then i have nothing as voltaic slash is beyond useless compared to a fully specced thrash.

I'm not hating on decep as this is the build i want as i find the play style better but just cant leave madness as the damage and survivability is much much better.

Full elite war hero without minmax is crap, going full deception unless you are dueling is also crap, thinking dots has more burst than instants hits is crap, thinking you have nothing but voltaic slash while skipping maul and low slash is also crap....

Edited by Dierdrea

Been a long time lurker in this forums. Used to play 23/1/17 pre 1.4 and then switched over to full 31 deception once they buffed the tree. What I can say is full deception can hit really hard but also take a lot of damage if you are not good in "expecting" where the damage is coming from. The combination of our def CD's (deflection/shroud) and our timing of buffs (overcharge saber/recklessness) is key in surviving and pulling off the numbers on this class. While I don't have youtube vids or any numbers to show you, my char Lani'ra of Gav Daragon server would feel free to duel you ^^

Elite War Hero Full Min/Max?

If not, go min/max your gear, put 1070+ damage(pri minimum) and back here to show us your upgrade.

Honestly just minmax war hero and use any more comms to RE for stabs. EWH is a waste of effort and your credits are better spent buying overlord thrones LOL.

Full elite war hero without minmax is crap, going full deception unless you are dueling is also crap, thinking dots has more burst than instants hits is crap, thinking you have nothing but voltaic slash while skipping maul and low slash is also crap....

Not actually reading my post, crap

Madness damage exceeds deception.. not comparing burst damage

Sure, madness may dish out more damage, but it's mostly fluff as you can throw discharge on everyone every 20 seconds and get a million damage, easy. Plus it's the squishiest spec in the game too (I eat upwards of 6k smashes as madness with full war hero and a few elite pieces) so in all reality, deception does more single target damage, has good burst, and isn't a 2shot kill for snipers and smashers. (55% damage reduction with dark embrace, resets when exiting stealth) also, madness is a difficult spec to play to it's full potential. I personally roll madness just for fun in regular warzones, but by no means does deception suck. It's a mobile and highly damaging burst spec. Madness is a sustained damage spec and isn't intended for PvP, but rather a very viable PvE dps spec. Also it does seem you haven't minmaxed judging by the posts of the other people, so yes, deception is crap with 65% surge and 700 bonus damage. I have upwards of 950 bonus damage coupled with 30% buffed crit, and I melt face with it. It's not that the spec sucks, but the player behind the wheel that may bring the spec down. Edited by THEFERRARICARGUY
Spelling Error.

Not actually reading my post, crap

Madness damage exceeds deception.. not comparing burst damage

I read your post. XD

Edited by Dierdrea

My shock crits for 8k and my discharge for 5.5k. And i havn't even spoken of Maul yet. You are doing it wrong.

Deception is great for targetted pressure or otherwise quick killing. It doesn't do well if the target does not die fast.

My shock crits for 8k and my discharge for 5.5k. And i havn't even spoken of Maul yet. You are doing it wrong.

Deception is great for targetted pressure or otherwise quick killing. It doesn't do well if the target does not die fast.

I remember hitting peeps for 5-6k with discharge, but "8k for shock"? If this is true it's time to get old Jormungandr off his shelf.

Honestly just minmax war hero and use any more comms to RE for stabs. EWH is a waste of effort and your credits are better spent buying overlord thrones LOL.

and then start cursing hell when you find out that the next tier of pvp gear requires you to have elite WH and you have to grind it out anyway :'D I agree btw that it's not really worth the effort now to get full elite WH.

I severely question anyone who uses full Deception in PvP. Voltaic Slash is the most obvious ramp up ability in the history of MMOs.

Yeah, it takes a staggering 2 seconds before you can unleash 15k damage in the 3 seconds after that.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Yeah, it takes a staggering 2 seconds before you can unleash 15k damage in the 3 seconds after that.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Unfortunately, the huge giveaway that is VS makes it incredibly easy to shut down a full deception sin. I only dare play full deception in regular warzones where most people are too bad to realize what the yoyo means. If I want to play seriously, I always go 0/27/14. If your server has nobody shutting down deception sins I think I should roll there haha.

Unfortunately, the huge giveaway that is VS makes it incredibly easy to shut down a full deception sin. I only dare play full deception in regular warzones where most people are too bad to realize what the yoyo means. If I want to play seriously, I always go 0/27/14. If your server has nobody shutting down deception sins I think I should roll there haha.

I challenge you to explain me how you will "shut me down".

Only to prove you wrong.

I challenge you to explain me how you will "shut me down".

Only to prove you wrong.

It gives away the fact that you are deception in rated warzones, that is enough for most teams to call focus fire on mumble/vent/ts...hence you will be kos and shut down. If you use thrash instead, it is not as apparent but still against good teams they will notice. If you are running 0/27/14, the thrash just reduce the cost of shock, which means you could just pop it without 2x thrash if you have the force. Deathfield at 30 range is much better for stopping caps and dmg anyways.

When I see voltaic slash x2 from a sin, i force shroud right away and 3/4 of the time I see a few resist messages pop up. Works like a charm. Or just chain cc on you to prevent your burst or delay it as long as possible, reducing your effectiveness. Assassins, if not in tank spec, works best if you are not being noticed, VS is a dead giveaway unfortunately due to how flashy and rare the animation is. He prob meant shut down as in the sense that your effectiveness is severely compromised.

Edited by Dierdrea

voltaic slash has nothing to do with it since any competent team will recognize surging charge anyways.

your heavy reliance on getting two VS off in quick succession is easy to take advantage of and the fact that it is a weapon damage attack screws you over against a ton of defensive cds that death field can bypass. also full deception is much more force starved