Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

The problem with a lot of classes in PVP

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
The problem with a lot of classes in PVP

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.09.2019 , 06:59 PM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
Sure, it doesnt change the fact that pt and sins need something to make them more viable. Hopefully people can come up with good ideas that dont make the game more mundane.
On this we agree ^
I just don’t think they need more dps. They already do a lot of damage if you have enough uptime. Deceptions burst is great and really fast. Even if the individual numbers seem low, they all hit with a really small window to deal a big window burst.

What I mean by killing mercs and Mara’s is a good sin can wear them down. Remember a Mara can’t self heal or stealth out and break combat and then heal. Eventually a Mara will die.
With a Merc you can literally stealth out and cc them when they try to heal, then come out of stealth and heal up in front of them. It’s not about a stand up facetank fight, it’s about wearing them down. It’s also why Operatives are the best at 1v1. Not because they have the highest dps, but because they can wear any class down (Sins are just a weaker version).

PTs also have really dangerous damage. It’s their DCDs that a slightly weak. But that’s a difficult one to get right because of there great dps potential. If you aren’t careful in buffing them, they could easily become OP with a small buff.
I won’t pretend to be an expert on a PT. It’s one of my worst classes. So I’ve no suggestions at all on what to do to fix them.

What I would like is some extra range on the Deception Sins or for them to remove that GCD change they made last year that’s nerfed the burst window. I personally don’t like the gap closing ability (I want to call it shadow stride? But I think that’s the OP one). Which also leads me to the Operative gap closer. I don’t think that’s needed either (personal opinion).
They should have just left those gap closers to PTs and Warriors. By adding those gap closing type abilities to other classes, it takes away the uniqueness of other classes. It’s the same with everyone having speed abilities now.

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.09.2019 , 07:08 PM | #32
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
Fair but every class needs more strength and weakness, the decay idea is good but is it going to make the gameplay more fun? I agree that every class shouldnt be like operatives but every class needs an "out" like operative. I dont care what is but lets be honest, some classes are lacking something. Maybe it isnt movement but its something.
I would like to see more damage and more weakness on my lightning Sorc, nerf off healing and a little nerf to self heal and give them proper single target burst damage similar to other burst classes. I would love to see dots removed entirely from the spec and have all lightning type abilities

TrixxieTriss's Avatar


TrixxieTriss
06.09.2019 , 07:11 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by foxmob View Post
new xpacks are never balanced. my sub runs out long before, so I won't have to worry about it, but...yeah. that's a pipe dream. small changes require constant updates, and that definitely isn't happening.
Agreed. I am concerned how they think they will be able to balance properly with these tacticals and amplifiers

Delani's Avatar


Delani
06.09.2019 , 10:46 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
I would like to see more damage and more weakness on my lightning Sorc, nerf off healing and a little nerf to self heal and give them proper single target burst damage similar to other burst classes. I would love to see dots removed entirely from the spec and have all lightning type abilities
I think Musco mentioned having more single burst dmg, He and the combat team know people love their sorc toons, so I tihnk they will take good care of that class. I just hope they implement something that suprises us

Delani's Avatar


Delani
06.09.2019 , 11:15 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyne- View Post
The classes you mentioned having additional cc breakers would become hilariously OP in the hands of a good player. I know players that play Sorcs, Sins, and PTs that would crush with that kind of freedom. It would be like giving me cc immunity and damage resistance on leap on my Rage Jugg. People would be begging for nerfs if that was a thing.


Btw I just realized what you said here and why is that a problem? Players that are good should be able to crush with a certain degree of freedom.

Dyne-'s Avatar


Dyne-
06.10.2019 , 02:19 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Delani View Post
Btw I just realized what you said here and why is that a problem? Players that are good should be able to crush with a certain degree of freedom.
Because skilled players already crush without having to have an unfair advantage to do it. IMO part of being dangerous in pvp is the ability to reliably manage multiple effects on yourself and your enemy while simultaneously dealing damage and guarding your own weak points in a rapidly changing environment. Having an additional cc breaker would almost remove this burden entirely ( at least for me ) and result in a scenario where we would have almost no constraints. Being lethal in pvp should take actual thought and effort on the part of the player, and the threat of dying should always factor into actions taken by a player in pvp.

It doesn't take any abstract thought to realize the problem this would cause if only certain classes had it. It would have to be something everyone has, or no one has.

Delani's Avatar


Delani
06.10.2019 , 09:51 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyne- View Post
Because skilled players already crush without having to have an unfair advantage to do it. IMO part of being dangerous in pvp is the ability to reliably manage multiple effects on yourself and your enemy while simultaneously dealing damage and guarding your own weak points in a rapidly changing environment. Having an additional cc breaker would almost remove this burden entirely ( at least for me ) and result in a scenario where we would have almost no constraints. Being lethal in pvp should take actual thought and effort on the part of the player, and the threat of dying should always factor into actions taken by a player in pvp.

It doesn't take any abstract thought to realize the problem this would cause if only certain classes had it. It would have to be something everyone has, or no one has.
But if every1 has is it, it wouldnt be class defining. If you are considering the movement suggestions I was showing in that YouTube video as an additional cc breaker then maybe if this type of movement was implemented, with constant tweaks it could become more "balanced" but I personally think that dps sins having a dash abilitiy and increasing their overall agility would make them very suffice.

Delani's Avatar


Delani
06.10.2019 , 09:53 AM | #38
Quote: Originally Posted by Dyne- View Post
Because skilled players already crush without having to have an unfair advantage to do it. IMO part of being dangerous in pvp is the ability to reliably manage multiple effects on yourself and your enemy while simultaneously dealing damage and guarding your own weak points in a rapidly changing environment. Having an additional cc breaker would almost remove this burden entirely ( at least for me ) and result in a scenario where we would have almost no constraints. Being lethal in pvp should take actual thought and effort on the part of the player, and the threat of dying should always factor into actions taken by a player in pvp.

It doesn't take any abstract thought to realize the problem this would cause if only certain classes had it. It would have to be something everyone has, or no one has.
The thing is because pts and sins lack suffiecient dcds, they need to be harder to pin down or they need their dcds buffed. One or the other would make players who love/main those two classes pretty happy.

Rion_Starkiller's Avatar


Rion_Starkiller
06.10.2019 , 10:21 AM | #39
I posted in another thread, but I think that gear will need to be LOCKED IN once players join a match. I'm imagining all of the matchmaking manipulation and people changing Tac, Amps, set bonuses midmatch. It sounds like it might become a counter-fest.
-Beruhl, NiM Space Barbie and Solo Ranked Forum PvP (ง︡'-'︠)ง
(\/)(Ö,,,,Ö)(\/) ¦̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱ ̵̱(̢ ̡͇̅└͇̅┘͇̅ (▤8כ−◦
8 pugs and a grophet i do what i want major league memes can i borrow a stim?

Zurules's Avatar


Zurules
06.10.2019 , 04:06 PM | #40
Quote: Originally Posted by Rion_Starkiller View Post
I posted in another thread, but I think that gear will need to be LOCKED IN once players join a match. I'm imagining all of the matchmaking manipulation and people changing Tac, Amps, set bonuses midmatch. It sounds like it might become a counter-fest.
The only thing that needs to remain locked when a match starts is the persons spec. The gear they have they can swap out if they think they need to when ever they are not in combat. The only thing I wish to be able to change before a match starts but after you take the pop are your utilities, but as soon as the match actually starts, then those are locked in too.
All Galaxy Hybrid-Clicker Shadow