Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How to get a headstart on the new expansion!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
How to get a headstart on the new expansion!

Batwer
08.23.2019 , 10:38 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by phalczen View Post
stabilizers. My opinion of course, but the devs said in a livestream that some people are sitting on hundreds of thousands of some of those materials and they have no intention of granting those stockpilers an advantage.
I am one of these persons. It will probably be time to tinker.
You! Yes, exactly you! Click me:
http://www.swtor.com/r/zwyYS6

TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 10:40 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Lhancelot View Post
so if we got grade 10 mats, they will be turned into grade 11-12 when the expansion drops?
Nope. They will stay grade 10, the same as when we had grade 9 as the highest and then grade10 was added.

Basically, most of the grade 10 mats will become redundant for end game stuff. They will only be useful to people making things like dyes, strong hold or conquest stuff.

I’m currently running mine down because I had stacks of 9999 grade 10.

phalczen
08.23.2019 , 11:44 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyScruffy View Post
You were mostly on point. However experience boosts will only boost the amount of xp you earn (level 1-75) and does not effect renown at all. That's what the renown boosters are for once you get to 75 as renown is not available until lvl 75
Actually, you are incorrect.
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielSteed View Post
Question - “What will happen to CXP packs? Will CXP boost consumables still be a thing? If so, will they be refreshable (the current ones aren’t, which often leads to them falling off at the worst of times). Will XP boost consumables impact Renown gain? More generally, how will all of the various boosts interact?”

Answer -
Spoiler

As an aside, this new interaction between Experience and Renown was recently a hot topic of debate.

Regardless, as far as we know at this moment, XP and Renown boosts will stack in some way.
If you think I've made a good contribution with this post, I kindly ask that you use my Refer a Friend link! Here is more information about the program.

Balameb
08.23.2019 , 03:13 PM | #14

For prep, I would save up as many credits as possible. Save up the stacks of legacy bound Jawa junk etc. to buy materials in the new expansion. Consume/use the bound-to-legacy looted CXP packs, but boosts will transform into something else for renown, so they can be stored or used as you see fit. Use up unassembled components. Masterwork Data Crystals will also be going away, so either use them for 258 gear or for the decorations on Ossus.
Carefull with that one. Numbers are still in the air, but from what people tested on PTS up to 1.5 the value of a single Jawa Junk, etc will be a lot less in 6.0. Reason is they will be more common than they are now so prices of current grades will increase by a magnitude. Currently, grade 1 to 9 cost just "1", but on PTS values were one PER GRADE, so grade 8 might have a value of 8.
If those prices are to be confirmed, then it might be better to spend current stacks of them and horde the mats (lots of low grade mats a very valueable) than to save them. We will have to wait a little more and see.
Get 7 days as Sub and some free stuff --> Refferal link

Darev
08.23.2019 , 04:16 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Balameb View Post
Carefull with that one. Numbers are still in the air, but from what people tested on PTS up to 1.5 the value of a single Jawa Junk, etc will be a lot less in 6.0. Reason is they will be more common than they are now so prices of current grades will increase by a magnitude. Currently, grade 1 to 9 cost just "1", but on PTS values were one PER GRADE, so grade 8 might have a value of 8.
If those prices are to be confirmed, then it might be better to spend current stacks of them and horde the mats (lots of low grade mats a very valueable) than to save them. We will have to wait a little more and see.
Given the comment about some people having "thousands" of the various jawa junk, I suspect the new exchange rate will stay level based instead of the static 1:1 for mat grades 1-9.

There's no way to know for sure, however, until 6.0 drops.
If you choose to fight in the sewer you can no longer claim to have the moral high ground.

Tsillah
08.23.2019 , 04:19 PM | #16
I'm not big on these headstarts cause it seems to me it just means that you'll go through the new content much faster and it's not like we get new content every month.
Referral link for some extras: http://www.swtor.com/r/jMVTyB

annabethchase
08.23.2019 , 05:57 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Darev View Post
Given the comment about some people having "thousands" of the various jawa junk, I suspect the new exchange rate will stay level based instead of the static 1:1 for mat grades 1-9.

There's no way to know for sure, however, until 6.0 drops.
any grade below 11 is basically only for conquest though. Will we still be trying to craft our way to conquest or will the best use of those materials be changing to crafting for players to use in regular content?

There's always a ton to think through and without exact math it's hard to say.
Thinking about subbing? Use this link to help us both out http://www.swtor.com/r/3txb7F

IoNonSoEVero
08.23.2019 , 08:46 PM | #18
The purple and blue exotic mats which are used in crafting 234 and above gear and mods will all be going “away.” It’s about 98.999% likely they’ll be converted directly to credits, maybe 1% chance that the devs won’t automate but will allow conversion to credits at a vendor, and nearly zero chance they’ll convert to something useful like the tier 1 blue prototype grade 11 exotic material that is basically 6.0’s version of refined isotope stabilizers. My opinion of course, but the devs said in a livestream that some people are sitting on hundreds of thousands of some of those materials and they have no intention of granting those stockpilers an advantage.
Wait, so the CMTs and refined isotope stabilizers will be going out of the game entirely? So one will no longer be able to craft the 236 and 240 augments at all? If that's the case it's time to craft a lot of augments. I'm guessing that I won't be able to get the more advanced mats as a solo player so I wasn't even considering making anything with grade 11 materials, the same way I haven't bothered with the recipes available on Ossus because of the mats.

Given the new 'exchange rate' with the jawas on the PTS I've just been having my characters gather a lot of mats and spending all the jawa junk I have on grade 8 - 10 mats that are needed for the dyes and other things I make for my own characters. I'm guessing that there are going to be a lot more players fighting for the nodes after 6.0 goes live and I want no part of it.

TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 09:15 PM | #19
Actually, you are incorrect.

As an aside, this new interaction between Experience and Renown was recently a hot topic of debate.

Regardless, as far as we know at this moment, XP and Renown boosts will stack in some way.
I think I’m correct in saying XP boosts don’t currently increase any XP you’d get from activities once you reach max lvl 70. Which makes them redundant when you hit lvl 70.
Why would that change when the new highest target lvl will be 75.
I’m not sure XP boosts will be any more relevant towards renown than they are to CXP.

TrixxieTriss
08.23.2019 , 09:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by IoNonSoEVero View Post
Wait, so the CMTs and refined isotope stabilizers will be going out of the game entirely? So one will no longer be able to craft the 236 and 240 augments at all? If that's the case it's time to craft a lot of augments.
We don’t know that exactly. At least I’ve not seen any confirmation on those mats.

What we do know is they will be adding new Augments for lvl 72-75. This will mean new mats will be required and not the old ones. So unless you want lower lvl Augments than lvl 72-75, you don’t need to go on a max crafting binge,

I’ve made a bunch and already got most of my Alts equiped till I get to lvl 75 and craft newer ones. But if you’ve already equipped them all, you don’t need to make extras.

I would expect Bioware probably just increase the frequency or places you can get the CMT and stabilisers. So their value will drop regardless. If you’ve got a heap, then I’d start off loading those instead of making Augments. It’s part of the reason why CMTs have dropped to 300-400k on the GTN. People are dumping them before the price drops more.