Repubs are terrible at Ilum.

_Admiral

Why do you run back to your base and hide out and be camped as soon as you get pushed against?

You realise there are 2 exits to the base?

Dont compain about zerging since I've logged onto repub Ilum and you have +/-5 players between us.

I dont get all the complaints about being outnumbered (pop caps).

Discuss if Repubs are terrible on your server too.

Why do you run back to your base and hide out and be camped as soon as you get pushed against?

Dont compain about zerging since I've logged onto repub Ilum and you have +/-5 players between us.

More like 5:1. Nice try though.

You do realize that the population cap is a blanket cap and doesn't discriminate against the factions, right?

I forget what the cap is, but let's say it's 100 players in Ilum.

There could be 95 Empire players and 5 Republic players and it would still satisfy the "population cap."

And the above is a likely and probably common scenario.

Our server is anywhere from 2imps/1rep to 4imps/1rep.

I haven't been able to do a PVP daily in over a week now. Last time out it took me 3 hours to snipe 8 armaments boxes out from under the 6 imps riding circles and 1 legit 1v1 fight out of a Jugg on my server (when I went to a different control point).

My thanks to the Jugg for the fight, he made me pull out all my tricks.

Regardless, PVP on ilum is screwed up... a) because more hard core PVPers go ez-mode Imps rather than roll the uphilll battle repubs and (b) because the system they could have built based in the original design document necessitated a full PVP planet - not just one little area.... if the Mythic portion of the PVP design team had pushed for a more "new frontiers - DAOC" experience rather than .... whatever that monstrosity is.... we would all be much better off.

Seriously, if you're a real pvper - roll republic. You're not proving anything rolling with the imperials.

What bothers me more are Imperial cowards I keep facing.

It's like whole Lord Calypho was full of pathetic little cowards that can't even duel you with honour.

30 seconds into the fight and they run away. It's like they have no idea how to play unless they are outnumbering you.

Back to the topic - Republic on my side is easy to fool, I keep telling them to stay, but whenever Imps fall back a little to drag us out further our impatient Republic follows them just to be ambushed by a huge group of Imps that just regrouped and was ready for us.

Then we start running back and get picked one by one, then they drag us out again... and so on.

And no... no one listens to me when I say "patience, they will come back if they notice we aren't falling for it".

It's like whole Lord Calypho was full of pathetic little cowards that can't even duel you with honour.

30 seconds into the fight and they run away. It's like they have no idea how to play unless they are outnumbering you.

Back to the topic - Republic on my side is easy to fool, I keep telling them to stay, but whenever Imps fall back a little to drag us out further our impatient Republic follows them just to be ambushed by a huge group of Imps that just regrouped and was ready for us.

Then we start running back and get picked one by one, then they drag us out again... and so on.

And no... no one listens to me when I say "patience, they will come back if they notice we aren't falling for it".

Thats how it is on The Swiftsure.

When we are hammering you too hard, we fall back to South.

Then we wait.

And its as if repubs just come in single file to be slaughtered, or come in dribs and drabs and run backwards when they see us.

Zzz..

Lord Calypho you say? Not once over ~2 weeks have we (republic) lost the sum of the battles each night and we usually end up killing 2-3times our numbers with Imps being to damn scared to stand and fight - running wild leaving more brave people to die.

Sure we dribble of from time to time hunting too fast to SA but that is to be expected from a big zerg. I don't know your ingame name and I'm pretty sure you only mutter in your private channels because I never read about someone trying to stop us to run SA "over and over again"..

On the topic - Only last night, with imps overwhelming numbers camping us at RB, we sneaked around and armed the cannons whilst rushing out the same time. killing 50 in less than a minute. We did this TWICE within 10minutes wiping the entire zerg. My impression is that imps are the weak once on Lord Calypso, only way they have a chance to win small skirmish is outnumbering us.

On ToFN Reps sit in base, get Deffender buff (200% valor gain) and push Imps to their spawn, die to reset valor counter and repeat. Great valor farm, I am getting like 2-3k per push/10k+ per 20-30 mins.

Only problem is the lag and loads of CTDs.

please, I run into republics in Ilum/wz/world that if I am about to kill them they run off if they have any speed abilities....most of the time if I fight a class that can stealth I almost never kill them because they disappear and before they reappear they are half way across the map.

On Bloodworthy I get the feeling as Republic we are currently getting our kills and valor a lot quicker than the Imperials, despite those most of the time outnumbering us. Mainly due to us generally knowing how to use turrets and the Imperials on our server being happy to constantly run into them. Then again the last week if numbers got a little more even and we charged, the Imperials pretty much got destroyed, broke, ran and ended up pushed back to their spawn point...

In my opinion

Imps run away all the time if they feel the numbers are not largely in favor of them.

BUT if i was an Imp and I'm not why would i stick around and fight an uphill battle when I can leave and come back later with double the numbers?

On my server I truly feel Republic has a very good and solid base of skilled fighters.

Wile I feel our server is closer to balanced then most servers we still usually have an uphill battle. And for the most part I find republic is good at communicating and working together. Yea we run too but you have to run when you stand no chance. Some times we pull enough people together to get a nice fight in Ilum going and turn the tables.

I can not say much for Imps I have not leveled one and when I do to see the story it will be on a dif server.

It sounds like the OP got stuck with a bad pack of Republic on his server or is greatly confused on the ratio of Imps vs Reps

On a side note I hate the idea of xserver Qing. I love my server and how it has grown together by Qing with each other. I feel a big part of why our Republic side does so well is because of this. Wish they would rethink what they plan to do..

Edited by agien

Uhh no. The pop limit on Ilum instances is like 70.

When I log into my repub character, you guys have the same amount.

not on darth malak server the imps have 2 ops group at some times and we can barely pull 15 on a random weekday so we just let em come to us and now em down with our turrents. server is about 4:1 ratio imps outnumber of course

I logged on this morning and Reb had 2 Full ops groups going and at least that many imp groups I had a blast today.One ops group set was fighting at/near the imp base another was fighting at the reb Base and one set were fighting over mid (although I think the third group was fighting in a seconded instance). I finished my daily my weekly and gained valor levs 53 54 and 55 all in about 3-4 hours. If you don't like your server as a imp come over to Ajunta Pall we'll give you a fight. same goes for Reb we have a pretty balanced server it's fantastic. Edited by KrotanaThrall

I've just re-rolled on The Shadow Runner as Republic. Had a 50 sorc on Scepter of Ragnos.

We are hugely outnumbered on Shadow Runner and that's not an exageration. But the imps there just stay at the central base and thats it. They wont move from there.

The weekly is nigh on impossible on repub. Thinking of going back to the sorc, atleast it feels like I can get stuff done.

On Saber of Exar Kun, the majority of the time on Ilum, imperials outnumber republic 4:1 or even more - I'd say this is the case 90% of the time. I either join a small stealth ganking team to pick off imperials, or if that doesn't work, I do warzones and come back later.

I have no problems waiting as I know there are always several periods during each day where Republic build up numbers, to a comparable size to the imps. From my experience, the imperials more often than not get obliterated, on our server, and my weekly gets complete in no time. I find if imperials don't outnumber us at least 2:1 on my server, they generally get stomped.

You do realize that the population cap is a blanket cap and doesn't discriminate against the factions, right?

I forget what the cap is, but let's say it's 100 players in Ilum.

There could be 95 Empire players and 5 Republic players and it would still satisfy the "population cap."

And the above is a likely and probably common scenario.

No this isn't how the population cap works - quite the opposite. A change went in a few patches ago along the lines of: no more than 50 imps and 50 republic could be in the pvp area on ilum. If an imperial tried to enter the pvp area, where there was already 50 imperials, they would get transferred to another instance of ilum. This seems to have worked pretty well, as it allows Republic to build up enough numbers in one instance to be have a fighting chance.

Edited by Guapos