Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Spec set bonus / tactical’s not dropping for dps PLEASE FIX

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion > Bug Reports
Class Spec set bonus / tactical’s not dropping for dps PLEASE FIX

Ayushman
11.12.2019 , 08:40 PM | #11
I tested this on ling sorc and got two healing gear pieces + 2 generic pieces. I also wanted to point out I am kinda swiming in Nimble/quick savant ie alacrity pieces... Looks like RNGoddess wants me to be as fast as possible.
Seasonally 'Drunken' SWarrior... (wip)
Deys Legacy...(wip)... < The Galaxy's Least Wanted/Reputed >
'Do or Don't, there is no try' is polite way of saying 'You su(c)k badly. Go home'
Help out a fellow gamer? Click to know more.

Void_Singer
11.13.2019 , 01:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by sharkfishman View Post
You've gotten tank set bonuses on your merc?
Insane, Right?

I don't even have a PT on my account (melee soldiers make no sense, so I refuse to make one)
If it moves, shoot it.
if it stops moving... shoot it again.
- Anonymous Mercenary

This is My Referral Link. There are many like it but this one is mine.

Dekibra
11.13.2019 , 04:23 AM | #13
it would be grant to get an answer from BW if this is indeed a bug or working as intended...
  • on my deception sin I get dps pieces just fine (got appropriate tacticals in FPs and set bonus pieces from crates, no Death Knell yet but alas that is RNG alright)
  • but on my balance sage I only ever get set bonus pieces for the healing spec or generic pieces

so at the very least it seems to be fairly arbitrary

jediloki
11.13.2019 , 09:56 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by J_McSkill View Post

I think the problem you're having is related to the content you've been focusing on. From your many posts it seems you spend most of your time in flashpoints. If you read the 6.0 patch notes, the dev team has been kind enough to include the source of each specific tactical/set. Not all are available through simple flashpoint farming, which I think is a good thing.
I run SM and MM FPs, SM and HM Ops, conquest rewards, renown crates, NOTHING has yielded a single DPS class specific piece for my TK/Lightning spec characters. But I do have a full healing set gear (empowered restorer x 7 pieces) with 4 duplicates and almost another full healing set (revitalized mystic x 6) with 3 duplicate pieces. Would you care to explain to me where I can expect the dps class specific gear for my character to drop from then? And explain at the same time why I am getting so many healing set pieces?

And yes, I have my loot set to dps/TK/Lightning appropriately.

J_McSkill
11.13.2019 , 01:51 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by jediloki View Post
I run SM and MM FPs, SM and HM Ops, conquest rewards, renown crates, NOTHING has yielded a single DPS class specific piece for my TK/Lightning spec characters. But I do have a full healing set gear (empowered restorer x 7 pieces) with 4 duplicates and almost another full healing set (revitalized mystic x 6) with 3 duplicate pieces. Would you care to explain to me where I can expect the dps class specific gear for my character to drop from then? And explain at the same time why I am getting so many healing set pieces?

And yes, I have my loot set to dps/TK/Lightning appropriately.
Sure, I will explain this to you as reading the patch notes can take some time.

Sage has four class specific sets, two for healing and two for dps. One of the dps sets is from the new operation, which I highly doubt you've been farming (not many have). The other dps set drops from ops bosses, which makes it more difficult to obtain due to RNG with the multiple classes in the raid group.

In contrast, the two healing sets are most often recieved in conquest crates. Conquest crates almost always drop multiple set pieces and since you're not competing with other classes like in an operation, there is a very high probability you get those sage healing sets.

It would make more sense to me if they had chosen to put one of the dps sets in the conquest crates and move one of the healing sets to ops. But that's a decision made by the devs, not a bug.

At least by doing all that content you mentioned, you'll have been able to buy your dps set from the vendor several times over. Hope that adequately answers your question.
Swat - Vanguard Nerph - Champion of the Scoundrels
Pulp - The Genius Sentinel Tackle - The Eternal Genius Guardian on Fire

- The Crushers -

TrixxieTriss
11.13.2019 , 08:14 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by J_McSkill View Post
Sure, I will explain this to you as reading the patch notes can take some time.

Sage has four class specific sets, two for healing and two for dps. One of the dps sets is from the new operation, which I highly doubt you've been farming (not many have). The other dps set drops from ops bosses, which makes it more difficult to obtain due to RNG with the multiple classes in the raid group.

In contrast, the two healing sets are most often recieved in conquest crates. Conquest crates almost always drop multiple set pieces and since you're not competing with other classes like in an operation, there is a very high probability you get those sage healing sets.

It would make more sense to me if they had chosen to put one of the dps sets in the conquest crates and move one of the healing sets to ops. But that's a decision made by the devs, not a bug.

At least by doing all that content you mentioned, you'll have been able to buy your dps set from the vendor several times over. Hope that adequately answers your question.
Your interpretation of the patch notes is certainly different to mine and many others. Can you please link and explain how you came to these conclusions.

Dekibra
11.15.2019 , 03:31 AM | #17
here is a quote from the 6.0 Onslaught patchnotes:

"Source: This shows where you can work specifically on acquiring this set/tactical. Note that all sets/tacticals can technically drop anywhere in the game, this section covers specific places that it drops as well. All sets can be purchased on the fleet for Tech Fragments unless otherwise noted in their source below."

and I think that really is the problem
the fact that there are specific sources for obtaining certain sets/tactical contradicts and kind of overwrites the whole choose your loot discipline and get loot accordingly

An example: I am a DPS sage and to get the Gathering Storm set (specifically) I would have to run operations because there I have an increased drop chance.
"technically" I can get this set to drop from any crate (yeah right) but I think that the drop rate is just too low and the increased-specific-source-drop chance overwrites this "technically you cen get everything everywhere" ... hence I am getting healing gear from conquest crates - because that is their specific source

I'd rather they eliminate this source-specific drop chance and only take the chosen loot discipline into account when you open crates/get boss drops

A bug/oversight on the other hand really comes into play when it comes to Tacticals though I think.
Let's take the Assassin: 6 out of 9 Tacticals (for all 3 specs) have an increased drop chance in FPs and if you then get a Tactical for the darkness tank spec though your loot discipline is set to deception or hatred then we are indeed talking about a bug or laziness because they forgot to take your choice into account

TrixxieTriss
11.15.2019 , 07:23 PM | #18
That’s fine and all, but if you are toggled to a spec, it should not drop stuff that class can’t use.
As you pointed out, they aren’t only limited to those areas.
It also says that there is an “increased chance” of specific sets dropping in certain content. It doesn’t say “they only” drop there. (This is something people arguing here don’t seem to understand).
Even the gear for the new operation that’s not on the vendor, still has a chance to drop in other content, just not as high as in the operation.

Lastly, if it is their intention to drop your non spec set bonuses in specific content even if you have the toggle set differently, then they should tell us because people don’t understand. All they see is the wrong set for their spec dropping and will think it’s broken.

How hard is it for Bioware to make a yellow post to say, “yes it’s working as we intended and you are all dumb” OR “yes it’s not working as intended and we are working on a fix”.

That would go a long way to helping people get their frustration under control and know Bioware are aware of these threads.

Please Eric, I know I can be really critical and stuff, but it’s pure frustration most of the time because you guys don’t communicate enough when it’s needed the most. It feels like you’re afk since launch and we are getting the bare minimum of communication from you so you don’t “disconnect from the game”

Dekibra
11.16.2019 , 02:29 AM | #19
Update: got my first tank set bonus piece from a MM FP with my deception assassin with loot discipline deception

So please BW - as Trixxie already pointed out - could you give an answer like „working as intended“ or „whoops, sorry, we‘ll look into it“

TrixxieTriss
11.16.2019 , 08:17 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Dekibra View Post
Update: got my first tank set bonus piece from a MM FP with my deception assassin with loot discipline deception

So please BW - as Trixxie already pointed out - could you give an answer like „working as intended“ or „whoops, sorry, we‘ll look into it“
I can’t believe they have now been ignoring all the threads and posts on this for over 4 weeks.

Frustration levels are approaching the unsubbing range. The crafting, credit sinks and now the grayed out abilities bug is just compounding the frustration. But at least they’ve finally acknowledged the crafting and the grayed out abilities bug.

Can we have a YELLOW post please to explain if this is working as intended or is being fixed.

We only need one sentence. “Working as intended” or “We are working on a fix”

Surely that can’t be that hard to do.