Stormtroopers

Ezzaron

Something's been bugging me about stormtroopers for a very long time.

How could they lose to Ewoks?

Stormtroopers were supposed to be the elite soldiers of the empire. They operated separately from the Imperial Army and Navy, and their ultimate loyalty was to the emperor himself. They were the best of the best from the military, I don't see how they could have lost to a bunch of ewoks, a handful of rebels and one AT-ST. But then again the good guys always have to win, even if its a long shot.

Same reason why things went so horribly wrong in Vietnam. The Ewoks knew the land like the back of their hand so they had the terrain advantage, setting up traps and using ambushes to win against the technologically superior foe.

Which was basically the idea Lucas had, he wanted to see the Empire get trounced by a technologically less advanced force. Originally this was going to be on Kashyyyk but then he wanted Chewie to remain the only Wookiee present so he'd be easier to spot in a crowd. And so the other Wookiees were shrunk down into Ewoks, hooray!

They weren't getting beat by ewoks, the battle was actually in their favor till Chewie hijacked an AT-ST. Up until that point, the stormtroopers were demolishing them.

no they where still getting beat. You see the ewoks destroy 2 of the AT STs using trees and rocks.

You see an Ewoks arrow PIERCE the stormtroopers armor and kill him.

You see the Ewoks beat several storm troopers to death using rocks and hatchets.

The AT-ST taken over by Chewbacca really doesn't do that much.

In fact in the whole battle you only see 2 maybe 3 Ewoks die.

no they where still getting beat. You see the ewoks destroy 2 of the AT STs using trees and rocks.

This was after Chewie got a hold of the AT-ST

You see an Ewoks arrow PIERCE the stormtroopers armor and kill him.

The only arrow you can actually see hit a stormtrooper is one hitting a scout trooper behind the neck, which clearly is not covered by any sort of armor only by the black body glove which is pretty much a 2nd skin.

You see the Ewoks beat several storm troopers to death using rocks and hatchets.

All you see is them jumping stormtroopers before it switches scenes, some of them may have gotten killed but we don't know if all of them did.

The AT-ST taken over by Chewbacca really doesn't do that much.

He destroyed an AT-ST with it, plus a lot of the stormtroopers.

In fact in the whole battle you only see 2 maybe 3 Ewoks die.

Answers in bold, also.

"The tide of the battle began to turn as Chewbacca used this AT-ST to take out isolated Imperial units as well as another Imperial walker. The sight of this rallied the remaining Ewoks, who had been retreating into the woods, and they doubled their efforts behind the stolen AT-ST."

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Answers in bold, also.

"The tide of the battle began to turn as Chewbacca used this AT-ST to take out isolated Imperial units as well as another Imperial walker. The sight of this rallied the remaining Ewoks, who had been retreating into the woods, and they doubled their efforts behind the stolen AT-ST."

not at all yes they destroy the at sts after but all of those things had to have been set up before time. It's not like they said "look we got an AT ST now lets quickly set up some logs and rock

The stolen AT-ST is no where near the other ewoks and seeing as they don't have any type of radios there is no way all of them who are in all directions around the compound could have ralied.

It was actually the Ewoks tactics to get the stormtroopers to follow them into the woods and divide their forces then suprise them with all the traps they had set up.

Watch the Blu Ray version of Return and you clearly see the arrow going through the scout troopers white armor. He has a sort of bump in teh armor you can see the arrow penetrating that and going straight through the armor.

Its nice that you want to give Chewy this credit however the real credit goes to the Ewoks. Chew did destroy 1 At St and a couple of storm troopers but it pales in comparison to the number that the Ewoks destroyed and killed... and then later probably ate seeing as they were willing to eat Han and Luke earlier.

Here you go this should help you understand just how awful the Storm Troopers are

http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWtrooparmor.html

Remember if it is in the SW movies it is official G - Canon which means it is correct no matter what the books or guides say.

Edited by jarjarloves

Ok ok guys by lore Storm trooper are bad *** and well trained. However when it comes to the hero on the scene all that training goes out he window. The hero always has to win, and if he loses he still has to make them look stupid in the process. Thats why the troopers in the movies sucked. Lore wise they were quite deadly.

This hero reduction to their abilities is something I cant stand, I created a freelance text based rpg on a website that has strict rules of hero auto winning in odds that normally would outright kill them. Though i will say clone troopers are the most bad *** troops next to mando's.

Ok ok guys by lore Storm trooper are bad *** and well trained. However when it comes to the hero on the scene all that training goes out he window. The hero always has to win, and if he loses he still has to make them look stupid in the process. Thats why the troopers in the movies sucked. Lore wise they were quite deadly.

This hero reduction to their abilities is something I cant stand, I created a freelance text based rpg on a website that has strict rules of hero auto winning in odds that normally would outright kill them. Though i will say clone troopers are the most bad *** troops next to mando's.

well to be fair Battle Droids are far worse. I mean who makes an army of droids that have FEAR installed in them. Defeats the entire purpose. Even George Lucas said the Battle droids where pretty much useless in the behind the scenes footage of the making of The Phantom Menace.

Also Lore wise it's what you see in the movie. There can be 1000 books all saying the stormtroopers are deadly accurate but since they miss all the time in the movies they miss in the lore as the Movies are the top of the canon latter and anything below it doesn't count.

It is possible to make villians that are threatening and still lose to the good guys. The key is have them kill people who are not the heros and show them doing bad *** stuff later.

Then when they are fighting the heros don't show them in a narrow passage shooting and missing targets 5 feet from them.

Reason why stormtroopers failed to stop ewoks. No camo, white armor in a forest makes no sense.

on a side note, if you read Bacta War, by stackpole, the imperial remnant's stormtroopers start using camo after the fiasco they had on the forest moon of Endor, so at least in the extended universe they wised up abit.

Reason why stormtroopers failed to stop ewoks. No camo, white armor in a forest makes no sense.

on a side note, if you read Bacta War, by stackpole, the imperial remnant's stormtroopers start using camo after the fiasco they had on the forest moon of Endor, so at least in the extended universe they wised up abit.

Yeah I was about to mention that. Camo was finally introduced..why they went backwards for a short bit was probably due to arrogance on somebody's part.

And to the guy about the move cannon. I still say that was the hero effect i so loathe. Cause they spent time (even in the movies) saying how deadly the storm troopers were. Granted they weren't the superior clone troopers but they were said to be well trained, accurate shooters, and to best rebel troops in combat often. When it actually played out we saw the opposite.

Not to mention I don't get the concept of armor..it always seems useless....but that's another topic.

Its sometimes refered to as the "stormtrooper affect" stormtroopers are crack shots and great fighters until a main charcter is at risk like at mos eisley spaceport you cant tell me NONE of them could even graze han leia chewie luke R2 c-3po.. and etc....

Its sometimes refered to as the "stormtrooper affect" stormtroopers are crack shots and great fighters until a main charcter is at risk like at mos eisley spaceport you cant tell me NONE of them could even graze han leia chewie luke R2 c-3po.. and etc....

Leia was hit by a stormtrooper on endor.

that may be so but that doesn't do the injustice of the rest of the movies.

heck the battle droids didn't get enough credit either...I wasn't scared of a super battle droid until I played starwars republic commando..then I realized how tough super battle droids were..in the movies they were just an extra 2 secs to kill.

Edited by Stormcloudx

that may be so but that doesn't do the injustice of the est of the movies.

heck the battle droids didn't get enough credit either...I wasn't scared of a super battle droid until I played starwars republic commando..then I realized how tough super battle droids were..in the movies they were just an extra 2 secs to kill.

Dude the SBD in AOC were beast, they were tearing **** up one of em even ***** slapped a B1 lol. Though I prefer Droidekas the most, they are the only droid that pulls their weight around in the CIS army(pun intended.)

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

remembering the fight in ep 2 I see your point now...overall in the prequels troops were given better justice.

I think the presence of B1's diminished the effectiveness of the droids overall as b1's were utter crap. who wants droids that run in fear..and have Cpu's like intel cleron?