Jedi sage DPS - weak or I need to Improve technique?

istvana

I just got a sage to 70 (so she has fairly basic gear) and compared to other classes newly arrived at 70 the sage seems to kill more slowly and die faster. Die faster I understand - but is the class supposed to kill more slowly than e.g. a gunslinger or commando or does it mean I need to take a close look at what I am doing and improve my rotation?

I am in telekinetics which at lower level seemed definitely faster but I haven't tried the other tree at 70 to see how things work with all the skills available.

I am looking at solo play - the dailies mostly - not group play where the dynamics are very different.

I am in telekinetics which at lower level seemed definitely faster but I haven't tried the other tree at 70 to see how things work with all the skills available.

I am looking at solo play - the dailies mostly - not group play where the dynamics are very different.

For solo stuff all dps specs are in roughly the same spot, you should have a look at how your abilities interact with one another, which ones set which up to do more damage etc.

I can't help much since I'm just now leveling my first sorc ever(madness/balance not lightning/telekinetic). But have a look at some guides, maybe.

Thanks - I have heard people say in chat that the sorcerer is simply weaker in dps than most classes so I thought I would ask here. I certainly can improve how I am playing it and if it is considered comparable to e.g. commando and gunslinger I will focus on doing so.

Thanks - I have heard people say in chat that the sorcerer is simply weaker in dps than most classes so I thought I would ask here. I certainly can improve how I am playing it and if it is considered comparable to e.g. commando and gunslinger I will focus on doing so.

They are technically(the best kind of) correct. If you're hitting a dummy, a sorc will parse lower than most of the dps classes. During boss-fights in operations as well. But even then, sorcs are still viable.

The lack of dps doesn't really translate to solo-play, since most fights are over before you get a chance to really ramp up:).

This guide might be slightly out of date but the rotation and priority parts of it(they are right at the end) might give you an idea on whether or not you're doing anything wrong with your rotation.