2.0 could be the NGE of SWG ..

Vikassi

To me, an MMO is about progressing your character from nothing to something .. This includes the grind for higher levels and the grind for better gear .. Am I missing something? I'm talking about PvP and the bolster system ... The fact that you can go naked into a warzone and have bolster make your existing gear worth more than a player with EWH gear, is just embarrassing.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless 2.0 is bringing some FPS type mmo then no, it wont be the NGE that killed SWG. The NGE was a total revamp of the game, going from 32 classes down to 8(?) and just being complete ****. Nothing deserves to be compared to that mess.

Am I missing something?

Clearly you are. Or at minimum a bit misinformed.

The fact that you can go naked into a warzone and have bolster make your existing gear worth more than a player with EWH gear, is just embarrassing.

You can't. If you think a player in random greens will have their bolster equal EWH you are fooling yourself. The Dev's have alreay stated that the Bolster equals you out to the Recruit set. This is why they are removing the Recruit set from the game. Players in EWH will still have a big advantage over players in lesser gear.

See the pertinent comment from the patch notes below:

Bolster is now based on item rating rather than character level. Recruit-level gear is no longer available, as players will be automatically bolstered to this level of item power if they do not meet it naturally.

You can't. If you think a player in random greens will have their bolster equal EWH you are fooling yourself. The Dev's have alreay stated that the Bolster equals you out to the Recruit set. This is why they are removing the Recruit set from the game. Players in EWH will still have a big advantage over players in lesser gear.

I think it will at the below level 55 pvp. You will be able to level naked! Its the developers ploy to get rid of War Hero sets and getting people to buy their expansion.

Edited by FluffyMcNutter

Unless 2.0 is bringing some FPS type mmo then no, it wont be the NGE that killed SWG. The NGE was a total revamp of the game, going from 32 classes down to 8(?) and just being complete ****. Nothing deserves to be compared to that mess.

^ What he said. For sure.

I'm excited about 2.0 and so are my friends who have tested it.

Didn't they also mention that expertise should be close to 2k by bolster? Maybe im mistaken, but if so it quite beyond current recruit gear...

To me, an MMO is about progressing your character from nothing to something .. This includes the grind for higher levels and the grind for better gear .. Am I missing something? I'm talking about PvP and the bolster system ... The fact that you can go naked into a warzone and have bolster make your existing gear worth more than a player with EWH gear, is just embarrassing.

That is a bug that will be resolved. Bolster system is not perfect, that is why it is being tested

Bolster needs a fine tunning

Bolster needs to BE REMOVED FROM LVL55 PVP.

If the players are stupid enough to not get recruit gear, then remove gear progression altogether. Why not just set everybody's stats to equal in performance?

Oh yeah, that would take the game away from actual PvP. MMO players need their cookie, because it sucks if you don't perform better after spending some time doing something. Learning is stupid!

I really wish people would actually try the PTS before they spout non sense and propaganda.. if you choose to unsub.. good riddance..

Bolster system does not give 2000 exp... You need full gear to get that.. If you wear all PVE gear you get rougly 900 Expertise.. Which is currently recruit level..

As for the stats people are still basing they stats on the stat levels of Live.... You cannot Very well keep the soft caps the same.. with the potential to get 2700+ mainstat and 600 + crit while still having 900+ Power.. They are attempting to stop people from over stacking one stat to minimize burst.. You have to pick and choose.. and build your character to the best of your ability.

And FYI if you ever actually played NGE you would certainly know this is by far not even close..

Erasing all the Professions to create 8 fail AC's Then making people Aim in a MMO.. seriously.. how did they think that could have worked.. Imagine.. Fighting a battle having to aim your mouse cursor the same way it does currently in SWTOR Space combat... That was The NGE...

I really wish people would actually try the PTS before they spout non sense and propaganda.. if you choose to unsub.. good riddance..

Bolster system does not give 2000 exp... You need full gear to get that.. If you wear all PVE gear you get rougly 900 Expertise.. Which is currently recruit level..

As for the stats people are still basing they stats on the stat levels of Live.... You cannot Very well keep the soft caps the same.. with the potential to get 2700+ mainstat and 600 + crit while still having 900+ Power.. They are attempting to stop people from over stacking one stat to minimize burst.. You have to pick and choose.. and build your character to the best of your ability.

And FYI if you ever actually played NGE you would certainly know this is by far not even close..

Erasing all the Professions to create 8 fail AC's Then making people Aim in a MMO.. seriously.. how did they think that could have worked.. Imagine.. Fighting a battle having to aim your mouse cursor the same way it does currently in SWTOR Space combat... That was The NGE...

you can get ~2000 expertise for PvPing with literally no gear equipped but mh/oh

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=605891

have YOU been on PTS? you cannot get 600 crit and 900 power. not in PvP gear; the most Power or crit you can have is ~900-950. in PvP gear, you could probably get your mainstat over 2700 w/ new augments and the high mainstat mods/enhancements but that would decrease the amount of power/crit you can take.

not only are the DR curves on every stat BUT POWER much more extreme, but you cannot stack as much of secondary/tertiary stats as you can on Live.

900 crit on PTS yields you +12% crit chance. as level 55 and using the same formula from live, that same amount would yield you +22% crit chance.

you claim that these changes are to stop people from itemizing only power to cut down on burst damage? well the effect that these changes have had is the complete opposite. every class, even classes w/out auto crit procs, are stacking full power in their builds. the returns on crit chance are so awful that the only way to benefit even marginally is to take crit on every slot of gear. and that *may* yield you 30% crit (on my merc that put me at 29%), but you will have terrible base damage.

Edited by cashogy_reborn

Bolster needs to BE REMOVED FROM LVL55 PVP.

If the players are stupid enough to not get recruit gear, then remove gear progression altogether. Why not just set everybody's stats to equal in performance?

Oh yeah, that would take the game away from actual PvP. MMO players need their cookie, because it sucks if you don't perform better after spending some time doing something. Learning is stupid!

Totally agree.

you can get ~2000 expertise for PvPing with literally no gear equipped but mh/oh

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=605891

have YOU been on PTS? you cannot get 600 crit and 900 power. not in PvP gear; the most Power or crit you can have is ~900-950. in PvP gear, you could probably get your mainstat over 2700 w/ new augments and the high mainstat mods/enhancements but that would decrease the amount of power/crit you can take.

not only are the DR curves on every stat BUT POWER much more extreme, but you cannot stack as much of secondary/tertiary stats as you can on Live.

900 crit on PTS yields you +12% crit chance. as level 55 and using the same formula from live, that same amount would yield you +22% crit chance.

you claim that these changes are to stop people from itemizing only power to cut down on burst damage? well the effect that these changes have had is the complete opposite. every class, even classes w/out auto crit procs, are stacking full power in their builds. the returns on crit chance are so awful that the only way to benefit even marginally is to take crit on every slot of gear. and that *may* yield you 30% crit (on my merc that put me at 29%), but you will have terrible base damage.

Yes I have certainly been on the PTS. Some of the stats were estimations based on my current gear set.

As it stands Right now.. On PTS with 0 Augments my Character has 30% Crit Chance melee/Force (2300 Mainstat + 600crit rating) 76% Cri Mult (600 Surge) With 500 Power (No high mainstat mods/enh). I dont even have full Partisan or Stims yet so imagine Conqueror with Augments (Est 19/30 Purps x 14) and Stims..(154+ mainstat 60+power greens only to go up)

I didnt say that their Idea was perfect but this is BioWare's Thought process .. This entire patch is to FiX TTK and other things people had problems with. Rather than raging in pvp forums People should be making constructive posts in the PTS forums where BioWare requested so they can recalculate and try something else before it goes live.

edit: wait wat? Naked? (edit 2: That's clearly got to be bugged, it doesn't do this for actual PvE gear as of patch before this one)

I have tested full PvE gear set (ilvl 69) - it only bolsters you to around 1000 expertise, versus level 50 EWH/WH which caps you at about 1900 (old relics aren't max expertise). I havent tried loading into one naked though. Perhaps that's a bug?

Edited by islander