#SaveSWTOR, be Proactive (Positive Action and Ideas Only, Please)

DuchessKristania

If you spend any time on the forum right now you probably know about *the article* and all the rumors swirling around about development ending. Whether the rumors prove true or not we can still be proactive about this. I know that I don't want to see this game end, that I want to see real effort and care to go into it. I suggest taking constructive action in the form of #SaveSWTOR.

Add it to your forum sig. Flood your social media with it. Post to the EA and BW twitter accounts. Tell them you want the game to continue. Present a united front of support for the game. It isn't a magic wand, no one is suggesting that, but it's constructive action that costs nothing but a minimal amount of time and effort.

If you don't want to do it you don't have to.It's your life, your time, but I do ask that this thread be used a a rallying point for the game and not a center for complaints. There are dozens of threads on the forum where you can air your grievances, let's leave this one for people who want to discuss positive action.

EDIT : To clarify, the intent of this thread is not to suggest that we can magically save the game. It's simply intended to be a place to come up with and share little ideas to make our support of the game more visible. Obviously, subscribing and putting money into the game is the best thing, but there are other little things that we can do beyond that.

Edited by DuchessKristania

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you looking for suggestions on how we feel the game could be improved, or looking for input on what we feel we can do?

If its the latter (I think I have already offered plenty of the former) I am speaking to all of my friends about this.....

Star Wars: The Old Republic – Knights of the Eternal Throne – Amazon Premium Pack [Online Game Code]

This item is a fantastic deal....90 days AND 2400 coins for less than the cost of three months sub. You can use it once every 180 days...I am trying to convince Bioware to change that to 90...as I think this would be an item that adds quite a bit of value to draw folks back into the game.

I have already convinced about a dozen of my friends to resub using this item, and Im working on more.

Edited by LordArtemis

I hope to be proved wrong, but over the years, forum posters have produced a huge number of suggestions for game modes, story, PvP maps, events, quests, enemies, factions, races, planets daily areas, operations QoL improvements, balance issues, CM items and more.

Most of which haven't even merited a yellow post, let alone any dev time.

I fear it's too little too late. The ship is on the rocks as it is.

I've introduced a lot of people to the game over the years. Only one remains now - Who was a late starter The rest got bored of waiting for content and didn't like the direction it was going in and left. - I can plead and be positive, but I'm just trying to convince them that the emperor isn't naked.

It's not up to us to save SWTOR, It's down to the studio. - And they don't exactly have a great track record on that.

I hope to be proved wrong, but over the years, forum posters have produced a huge number of suggestions for game modes, story, PvP maps, events, quests, enemies, factions, races, planets daily areas, operations QoL improvements, balance issues, CM items and more.

Most of which haven't even merited a yellow post, let alone any dev time.

I fear it's too little too late. The ship is on the rocks as it is.

I've introduced a lot of people to the game over the years. Only one remains now - Who was a late starter The rest got bored of waiting for content and didn't like the direction it was going in and left. - I can plead and be positive, but I'm just trying to convince them that the emperor isn't naked.

It's not up to us to save SWTOR, It's down to the studio. - And they don't exactly have a great track record on that.

I've noticed through the years alot of my suggestions get used in the game. Mostly I'm more the companion love and story type, so no idea if they look at people suggesting operations, etc. But I've never once received a yellow text saying 'I like it, let's use it' they just do. Sometimes it took them a few years, but they did it, so I'm not depressed or cynical yet.

If you spend any time on the forum right now you probably know about *the article* and all the rumors swirling around about development ending. Whether the rumors prove true or not we can still be proactive about this. I know that I don't want to see this game end, that I want to see real effort and care to go into it. I suggest taking constructive action in the form of #SaveSWTOR.

Add it to your forum sig. Flood your social media with it. Post to the EA and BW twitter accounts. Tell them you want the game to continue. Present a united front of support for the game. It isn't a magic wand, no one is suggesting that, but it's constructive action that costs nothing but a minimal amount of time and effort.

If you don't want to do it you don't have to.It's your life, your time, but I do ask that this thread be used a a rallying point for the game and not a center for complaints. There are dozens of threads on the forum where you can air your grievances, let's leave this one for people who want to discuss positive action.

Thanks for posting this up! I'm glad you did. I've been posting a couple of messages each day on Twitter, with hashtags relevant to any firm involved with the game, in the hopes of getting it across that the game still has a lot of promise and life left in it and deserves more. I'm going to keep this up on Twitter and Facebook. If you see SWTOR positive messages, retweet them, quote them, share them, we need to do whatever it takes to make them see the game deserves more investment, of time, money and dev staff. SWTOR shouldn't have to suckle the hind teat in favor of something many people aren't even interested in.

I'm not sure how many more game improvement suggestions I can offer, I've offered many over the years, and so many others have too, but if something comes to me, you can bet I'll march off to 'suggestions and cartel suggestions' and toss it up.

Thanks again for this DuchessKristania. <3

I don't have much to offer, but in my honest opinion, more content can always be the thing that could bring people back, provided that it has been tested before the release. Whether its in form of story, PvE, PvP or quality of life, all of those little things can help keep the game interesting but together, they could bring lot of marvel for many at same time if brought in at once.

I suggest taking constructive action in the form of #SaveSWTOR.

Nothing wrong with your suggestion. However, I do not believe that social media activism serves any real purpose in the context of things like video games.

In fact, I question social media as a whole as it clearly has quickly devolved into a massive propaganda channel set for advertisers looking to exploit those tapping social media (a recent example that is disgusting in how it tries to capitalize on a very relevant and current hash tag: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/28/business/metoo-finance-lawsuits-harassment.html ) as well as anyone who wants to spread conspiracy as fact. So in that context.. I think #SaveSWTOR will either do nothing or actually backfire on your intentions.

And.. you know what the true united front is? It's subscribers continuing to play and support the game, even when it may lack some things they really desire. Instead.. what we have is a thousand different special interest groups all shouting over each other and creating discussion chaos.

#HashTagsAreWorthless :p

Edited by Andryah

#LetSwtorDIE

Can't get something new without letting something old die first. It's been a good run, but its time to move on to a brighter future, they have already let this game go to waste by not investing in it, and putting all their hard work into the cartel market updates.

Edited by SaerethDL

Hashtags don't mean anything...subs and $ do. If you want to save this game, spend a TON more than you have been...money is what matters, not feelings.

lol they will just put all the money you spend right back into Anthem, and close the doors anyways :p

lol they will just put all the money you spend right back into Anthem, and close the doors anyways :p

EA gets all my money anyway, not some Austin accountant. The money we spend hasn't EVER gone back into this game, it's all gone to develop other titles, like Visceral's Star Wars game, Shadow Realms and FIFA 2018...the idea that anything we've spent has come back to this game is laughable. Bioware gets an annual budget from EA based on previous spending and returns...the less this game makes, the smaller the budget becomes. This is why W0W fans are lucky to have it backed by Blizzard, who know that W0W keeps them afloat...SWTOR isn't even mentioned in EA reports, it's a non-factor except as an expense.

To clarify, I'm speaking more along the lines of ideas to show support for the game beyond subscribing and spending money. Obviously, subscribing is the most important thing we can do as players. However, being vocal about your support of the game doesn't take from that.

Yes, social media campaigning can only do so much. I've said more than once that this idea is not a magic wand. More than anything it's a way to stand up and tell EA/BW that this game is something we enjoy and invest our money in.

People could also write letters to EA/BW if they feel so inclined. For the record that has worked for other things. Star Trek was saved from being cancelled by a letter writing campaign from fans (yes, I know, naughty me mentioning Star Trek on a Star Wars forum).

No one has to participate, but it's idea, it's action that requires little effort. Put your fun money in the game but add your voice to it. That's really all I'm suggesting here. At the end of the day, until a dev confirms it the shutdown rumors are exactly that, rumors. Regardless, it doesn't hurt to encourage support for the game.

The only thing that could save the game at this point is a revamp of the whole game. AKA the FF14 type event. I don't think an expansion would even do it right now. Knowing any said expansion even mentioned wouldn't happen till the fall and the swtor just stays the same. Resources and focus are somewhere else.

Other than a relaunch. I think this game is in the Holding pattern I hear people talk of. More money isn't going to change anything, especially so in the next year to 15 or so months till anthem launches. Everything is pointed to anthem, swtor is just in that holding pattern, not really going anywhere and more money won't change that right now.

We need something major to happen/change to swtor and right now and a 8 month off expansion isn't going to do it. We are too far gone and burned way to many gamers. We need that major positive, bug free event to gamers to get behind but I can't see it happening right now.

When it was announced we would be getting Space Combat with Galactic Starfighter the guild I was in at the time very nearly died of happy-happy-joy-joy overdose.

But when it was discovered that GSF was ONLY PvP 95% of the interest died - overnight.

I'd love to see some GSF PvE content - maybe tied to Bonus Storylines for existing planetary content.

Most of the assets are already there, the only sticking point may be the GSF AI for NPC pilots.

If that could be resolved I think it would be a breath of fresh air in terms of new content set on old planets.

All The Best

To clarify, I'm speaking more along the lines of ideas to show support for the game beyond subscribing and spending money. Obviously, subscribing is the most important thing we can do as players. However, being vocal about your support of the game doesn't take from that.

OK, without being too blunt, let me stop you right there.

We CAN'T save SWtOR.

ONLY Bioware and EA can do that.

Nothing we do short of pumping more and more money into the game will make any difference at all.

All The Best

We may want to have more details before going this route, but what about a Change.Org petition? If nothing else, it could really show that we are willing to go that extra mile to support the game we love. There have been a few done in the past that never really got much attention, but if it was coordinated with a strong social media push we could probably get some sign ups.

This is a search of past SWTOR related Change.org petitions. Most of them are very niche and didn't go anywhere:

https://www.change.org/search?q=SWTOR

cc

Edited by Supaaq

Short of picking up pitchforks and Nerf battle-axes and storming into the offices of EA, I think subscribing is the best thing we can do.

If they want more, I would suggest either re-running or creating a new 'X for subscribing event.' Subscribe for # and get access to a KOTET Bonus Chapter?

I think another important step that we could take right now is to coordinate all of the largest communication lines to make a unified push for action in the community. We'd need all the people on the forums, and all the people on the SWTOR Reddit and the FB groups, Twitter, the major podcasts and YouTube Channels, etc. We'd also need a solid unified message. What are we asking for exactly?

In my opinion, if they are going to stop making content and go into maintenance mode, they should give the community the tools to keep the game going and a way for us to DIY our own sharable content. That's what I would push for.

OK, without being too blunt, let me stop you right there.

We CAN'T save SWtOR.

ONLY Bioware and EA can do that.

Nothing we do short of pumping more and more money into the game will make any difference at all.

All The Best

You're a very literal person, aren't you? I'm not suggesting we can save it. I agree, more money is the most effective thing out there, assuming they don't just put it into Anthem.

Geez, so many people with a pessimistic and defeatist attitude here. The entire point of this thread, which many are either missing or completely ignoring, despite the title, is that there are little things we can do to show our support. Talking about the game in places other than this forum is free advertising for SWTOR. Maybe it will help, maybe it won't. It absolutely won't if it doesn't happen.

This is literally just saying that we can be proactive and make our enjoyment of the game known. Obviously some do not enjoy the game anymore. Okay, that's fine, but some of us do. I'm simply suggesting that if you fall into the category of those who do enjoy it, take a few minutes to put that out there. Maybe it will have zero effect. In fact, that's probably the case, but you lose nothing by putting it out there.

One can be both realistic and optimistic at the same time. There is every chance that being vocal in a constructive way will have zero effect. I understand this, but not showing the game support will absolutely have an effect; a negative one.

Edited by DuchessKristania

You're running into these responses because you're asking players to blindly support a game that isn't supporting them. If EA/BW can't come out with a statement in support of the game aside from vague hints at a future expansion with no information or action, then why should players support the game? Supporting the game in the past hasn't led to the content players wanted, only half-delivered promises.

Want the return of class stories? We got 1 cookie-cutter KotFE storyline

Want space combat? We got GSF

Want more PvP warzones? We got a reskin

Want new operations? We got 4 bosses, one at a time

Want your companions back? Here's a minute of dialogue where they kind of remember you

Want choices that matter? Here's an extra area you have to complete for being light side before getting to the same result

No amount of support, monetary or otherwise, can help the game. Only a choice by EA/BW to support the game. And giving them more money for nothing is the worst way to support the game currently. Rewarding them for nothing only incentivizes them to do nothing.

Reinstating ops passes, implementing passes for CXP, and a actual full year roadmap. I want to know where the game is going, what the focus will be, will it be solo oriented again? proper group focus? an actual full op this year? will we get a gsf pve revamp? I want to know the future of the game, and what were going to experience, what were diving out head into, not simply going in blind and hoping for the best.

You're running into these responses because you're asking players to blindly support a game that isn't supporting them. If EA/BW can't come out with a statement in support of the game aside from vague hints at a future expansion with no information or action, then why should players support the game? Supporting the game in the past hasn't led to the content players wanted, only half-delivered promises.

Want the return of class stories? We got 1 cookie-cutter KotFE storyline

Want space combat? We got GSF

Want more PvP warzones? We got a reskin

Want new operations? We got 4 bosses, one at a time

Want your companions back? Here's a minute of dialogue where they kind of remember you

Want choices that matter? Here's an extra area you have to complete for being light side before getting to the same result

No amount of support, monetary or otherwise, can help the game. Only a choice by EA/BW to support the game. And giving them more money for nothing is the worst way to support the game currently. Rewarding them for nothing only incentivizes them to do nothing.

I understand your perspective but I disagree with you on some of the points.

I'm not asking anyone to blindly support the game. There is nothing false about saying you've enjoyed what you've played. If you don't feel that way then don't say it. There is nothing blind about telling EA/BW that you have enjoyed this aspect or that of the game. I'm not trying to convince anyone is is not willing to do it, I'm speaking to those who DO want to do something. That's all, if you want to do something, here are some suggestions. If not, continue with business as usual and scroll on.

I will continue to be optimistic and make suggestions, that's just who I am. No one has to do what they don't feel inclined to do.

you're running into these responses because you're asking players to blindly support a game that isn't supporting them. If ea/bw can't come out with a statement in support of the game aside from vague hints at a future expansion with no information or action, then why should players support the game? Supporting the game in the past hasn't led to the content players wanted, only half-delivered promises.

Want the return of class stories? We got 1 cookie-cutter kotfe storyline

want space combat? We got gsf

want more pvp warzones? We got a reskin

want new operations? We got 4 bosses, one at a time

want your companions back? Here's a minute of dialogue where they kind of remember you

want choices that matter? Here's an extra area you have to complete for being light side before getting to the same result

no amount of support, monetary or otherwise, can help the game. Only a choice by ea/bw to support the game. And giving them more money for nothing is the worst way to support the game currently. rewarding them for nothing only incentivizes them to do nothing.

this this this this!!^^^