"Ranged" classes

Erikku

OK, it seems to me that ranged classes have a seriously unfair unfair advantage in PVP. Too many stuns, too many cheap shots, and other ranged skills that prevent these classes from being approached, including excessive damage mitigation, etc....

What I'm saying here is, what the hell happened to the FORCE? I mean the "other" star wars games all seemed to respect the power of a jedi. HELLO, LIGHTSABERS-THAT-CUT-THROUGH-ANYTHING??? What happened to that?

So, I think it's pretty clear I'm dissatisfied with jedi development in this game. To me, it's exactly the same as playing HALO with the melee sword. That's exactly what it is; except I don't get to pick up a weapon.

The story and lore are great...Thumbs up there. But Jedi are not really Jedi. just cannon fodder with glow sticks.

OK, it seems to me that ranged classes have a seriously unfair unfair advantage in PVP. Too many stuns, too many cheap shots, and other ranged skills that prevent these classes from being approached, including excessive damage mitigation, etc....

What I'm saying here is, what the hell happened to the FORCE? I mean the "other" star wars games all seemed to respect the power of a jedi. HELLO, LIGHTSABERS-THAT-CUT-THROUGH-ANYTHING??? What happened to that?

So, I think it's pretty clear I'm dissatisfied with jedi development in this game. To me, it's exactly the same as playing HALO with the melee sword. That's exactly what it is; except I don't get to pick up a weapon.

The story and lore are great...Thumbs up there. But Jedi are not really Jedi. just cannon fodder with glow sticks.

You must not be level 50.

I'm not at level 50, I'm only level 26. But this frequent pattern of update gear, update gear, etc.... is old and boring. I want real skills INHERENT to the class that I play.

Relying on "the gear change" everytime I level is lame. The force should get incrementally better with each level. My "gear" should have very little to do with it.

Robe, lightsaber, I'm good because I have the almighty force. But that's not how it is... So I flag this as a bit of a detriment.

Dude Warriors struggle to stay on target in this game until they get most of their abilities.

If you are a jugg / guardian then you have force push and you are already half way there, as that resets the CD on leap if you are getting kited.

If you are a sentinel / mara hang in there, you are about to get force cloak.

OMG.

You are half way leveled and you already know the game so well. :rolleyes:

Please, man it's all the *********** same. New "moves" new "gear". I got it. What I'm saying is much deeper than that. it has to do with being able to manipulate the physical world through the force. A jedi's skill should depend on how well he uses the force.

I'll say it again. Give me a lightsaber, robe, and the force. Then I'll be convinced I'm playing a Jedi.

Meh. As a fully min/maxed carnage marauder I don't have much issues with range classes. I actually have more trouble on my warhero sniper with melee than I do with ranged on my melee.

This game heavily favors melee, especially at max level. If you're having problems with range classes you're either low level or are very inadequate at moving your character proficiently. Don't worry there are other people like you that exist and they usually play healers/tanks. Try that.

Edited by Blasphemerr

Dude Warriors struggle to stay on target in this game until they get most of their abilities.

If you are a jugg / guardian then you have force push and you are already half way there, as that resets the CD on leap if you are getting kited.

If you are a sentinel / mara hang in there, you are about to get force cloak.

Yea, I'm a marauder. But It's only fun "sometimes". Ataru form with the carnage skill path isn't as effective as Shii-Cho form, yet most of the skills in the tree are meant for use with the Ataru form. It doesn't seem to make any real difference and it should.

Meh. As a fully min/maxed carnage marauder I don't have much issues with range classes. I actually have more trouble on my warhero sniper with melee than I do with ranged on my melee.

This game heavily favors melee, especially at max level. If you're having problems with range classes you're either low level or are very inadequate at moving your character proficiently. Don't worry there are other people like you that exist and they usually play healers/tanks. Try that.

I probably would, except I don't have a whole lot of time to play (end of year) and since I'm 26 with marauder, I figure it would be best to continue with the class. I'm basically playing the game for the story and PVP.

Regarding movement, I can move and evade the opponent enough to hit my skills properly. It just seems totally useless against "heavies".

Like I said, a lightsaber being energy based should be able to cut through just about anything and the force should provide unique physical resistances against ranged attacks. Not nullifying them COMPLETELY, but at least show that the force is aiding in mitigating damage to a player who otherwise had not used x or y force technique.

Carnage is a god awful lowbie spec until you hit 40 and get massacre. Use annihilation until then.

Ok... I haven't tried that. I tried rage (best out of 2) and that was a huge mistake (for marauder at least).

Edited by Erikku

oh, i see now.

you want Jedi to be like Jedi in the movies, and be able to kill everything and everything, with the ability to fight an army single handily.

you are going to be sadly disappointed with this game. i suggest picking up The Force Unleashed if youre looking for a god-like Jedi experience

oh, i see now.

you want Jedi to be like Jedi in the movies, and be able to kill everything and everything, with the ability to fight an army single handily.

you are going to be sadly disappointed with this game. i suggest picking up The Force Unleashed if youre looking for a god-like Jedi experience

I see what you did there. What I meant was just like I said.

- The FORCE (rather than gear for determining attributes)

- Lightsaber (of the current varieties)

- Robes (not armor per se)

Gear should NOT be the primary factor in determining whether a Jedi is tank,damage, healer.. "Skills" using Force Power should be though.

Gear should NOT be the primary factor in determining whether a Jedi is tank,damage, healer.. "Skills" using Force Power should be though.

http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/

This is a completely pointless post. If you want a robe a light saber and what have you... put your sheets on and go in the back. This is a melee dominated pvp game.

This comment is equally pointless then. I mean robe/clothes whatever the hell. "Melee dominated PVP game". GREAT, then a lightsaber and the FORCE, which is what a Jedi utilizes to become stronger should be all that he or she needs.

Edited by Erikku

You get more FORCE abilities as you level up, and your FORCE abilities get stronger as you level up.

Not to mention your FORCE abilities change depending on what tree you follow.

The game is exactly as you want it, the force defines what attack and strategies you use. The thing is you're still at the beginning when you only have basic attacks.

As far the RP aspect of Jedi being able to magically slice through anything with their glow sticks. Heed the advice others gave and quit now. You won't get it, and nobody here wants it.

The sword in Halo is godmode if you know how to use it. That fact that you talk about it like it's bad leads me to believe your melee problems are just user error.

So in short, you want to be god-mode jedi? eeerrrmmmmmm, no. No you cannot. It's called balancing, not "want an easy win? laugh at your opponents as a super power jedi mwahahaha!"

If that was the case, nobody would even think of being a trooper/bh etc

It's called balancing.