Star Wars going free to play?

Kaosfury

this morning, drinking my coffee, i saw a news clip that SWTOR is going free to play? really?

please no

First off,give me a link.

Second,it's The Old Repulbi/ToR/SWTOR not just "Star Wars"

Third,there was no announcement about this anywhere,you probably saw a fake video....

But yeah,could you give me the link?

Like others have said before, it's going F2P up until level 15. Personally I believe this is a good thing. There have been MMOs I've been itching to play in the past that had no trial and no way to test it unless subscribing to the game for a month, which turned me off them completely. It gives players that are on the fence an opportunity to try it out before committing to it.

ok, np.

i have no link, because it was on "Tech Bytes" a part of "Good Morning America" it was on TV. it showed star wars the old republic, and stated because of the loss of revenue, SWTOR will be going free to play in order to get more payers.

the statement on TV was vague, thats why i wanted to drop it here for you hard core people to find the BS or truth.

Greetings everyone,

We already have an active thread on this subject, so we are going to go ahead and close this one, especially as this subforum is devoted to the Star Wars universe at large, rather than discussion of game specifics. You might want to continue your conversation about free trials up to level 15 here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=471636

Thank you for helping us keep these forums a little better organized!