Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Class Changes: Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Class Changes: Madness Sorcerer / Balance Sage
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

EzioMessi
06.28.2017 , 09:07 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by FerkWork View Post
Respectfully, without addressing the Force negative rotation that hinders the spec in sustained fights and cuts down the use of Lightning strike or all together (also forcing the use of consumption) this doesn't change much at all. Broken rotation is still broken and should have been addressed first.
"Sorry we only balance by target dummies"
-Bioware 2017
The Harbinger - The Raider Legacy
Attair - Level 70 Sentinel
If you like my comment, please click my referral link for free goodies for both you and
me: http://www.swtor.com/r/3XbB9h

OasisKid
06.28.2017 , 09:08 AM | #12
5 percent on each of those from someone who has not touched Madness since 2.0 .... that is not enough... 10 percent on each would be a better starting number but hey what do I know.... I just heal
Kytera

GM of <Not Another Meme>

Joel_Eisenlipz
06.28.2017 , 09:08 AM | #13
My napkin math shows this would net a few hundred DPS overall, putting Madness much closer to the middle of the pack for overall sustained output. But they're still hamstrung by having to choose either bad mobility or bad Force management.
PANDAMONIUM
Website | Application
Alema-rar, Axe-l Rose, Big'bad'wolf, Compass Rose, Hañs, Joel-eisenlipz, Mungo-jerrie, Sparç
Alema-rár, Brian-williams, By'tor, By-tór, Jayne-cóbb, Minsç, Captain Planèt, Solaufeín

BobbyWiggles
06.28.2017 , 09:14 AM | #14
Instead of claiming things are at target dps, why don't you actually balance classes? The nerfs have been huge and the buffs have been terrible. This especially is just sad. Madness, a class long since broken by the devs, is getting a minuscule piece of duct tape fix. If basing this on pvp, the channel of leech is long enough that it hardly helps survivability. If on pve, it's laughable imo. God forbid you actually cater to the raiding community, and make it a class worthy of raiding.

Frolvrnrus
06.28.2017 , 09:16 AM | #15
Great buff!!!

Zolxtren
06.28.2017 , 09:27 AM | #16
BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHA

Sidious is Spinning in his Grave right now......

if lighting will be similar too im OUT....... balance my ***.... looks at assassins buff................

TheThingie
06.28.2017 , 09:32 AM | #17
Ignoring the fact that this doesn't really much to help with DPS, the energy management is still going to be trouble, especially for long fights.

And I got so excited when I saw the changes proposed for Serenity Shadow, I was hoping for something similar (at least in terms of Force management.

ottffsse
06.28.2017 , 09:38 AM | #18
Well respectfully, it is a start, but it seems like a Band-Aid fix and disappointing for the time being and I am afraid after this "Band-Aid" fix which is just a Band-Aid and not a fix the class will be again forgotten and untouched for ages, it is a shame.

What this means

1.) I am ok with the target dps adjustment BUT as long as some melee specs are patched up/ brought in line in the next few patches to actually be +5% an not +10% or whatever for the sake of you know balance (no pun intended), it seems everything is getting gimped anyways, all healing specs included, but that is really not a pretty situation here as as long as rotation issues and force management are not retuned on madness/balance it will still underperform it's theoretical target dps.
2.) Force management is still pretty bad on this spec, but maybe that's the point now for rdps to run out of resources and not be able to do optimal dps because of it (also see io as an example)
3.) survivability in competitive PvP is still poor with the Force Leech change and will remain so until healing from dots is brought back over 20%+ or dcd utilities are adjusted to be better

side note: Lightning better pray it does not get a nerf in the future with the way things are going down...literally.

MuskyBoy
06.28.2017 , 09:40 AM | #19
As others have said force management on this spec on long fights in pure trash and the fact the class has to use an ability that uses a GCD to regain force is stupid. I wonder perhaps its time to give this spec either a practical filler (saber strike is not practical) or just bite the bullet and get a force regen ability (say 300 force over 3 secs) on a 2 minute CD. It's stupid that madness needs to continually hit consuming darkness and uses a GCD. Another suggestion give 4 stacks of consumption off the GCD and free (no force regen debuff) then put it on cd for 1 minute. Or just return 200 force every time you use recklessness or polarity shift.

trabble
06.28.2017 , 09:43 AM | #20
so that's the reason why you post madness changes at last....
this is a joke ??? do you really mean it ?! 5% on two abilities ?! this is much too less.
sry this isn't fun. its terrible. awful !

@eith and eric - you have to talk to your combat team about this.
please explain why you hate so sorcs so much.
: