Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Our Top 3 Concerns as Sorcerers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Our Top 3 Concerns as Sorcerers

Fireswraith
07.30.2013 , 12:35 PM | #11
I hope you reps know that it's not your job to tell US what the "top 3 concerns" are for our class are. It's our job to tell you what 3 questions WE want answered. If 80% of us want to ask why can't we have red lightning as an option along with purple then that's what you ask. Basically I'm just saying find out questions that we want answered, not more along the lines of here's the three discuss them.

DarthEndonae
07.30.2013 , 12:50 PM | #12
Okay, Red Lightning is not a big concern (as awesome as that would be), and these guys know what they're talking about and are proposing interesting solutions to the issue.
Well I don't think one would get to use the instant as often as you'd think, since you can already only use it once every 8 seconds, and we don't necessarily get 5 LS off during the cooldown, since we also have to deal with other things like Crushing Darkness, Affliction, and the procs we get, although when we had Polarity Shift up, it would make a much larger difference. If that does make it a little too OP, I think that it could be helpful if we fixed how often Lightning Barrage happens, since as of now, I'm lucky if I can get one to proc over one Affliction, maybe a critical hit of Thundering Blast or something while affliction is up could automatically proc Lightning Barrage, or maybe Lightning Barrage could be like Unload and do increased damage. Although I don't really know how much that would help our mobility, but it would help with burst.

Darth_Dreselus
07.30.2013 , 01:06 PM | #13
You got your account back? Gratz =D

I would post some issues but I have none. Maybe having FB be shorter duration and cd would be nice, now you get to use it maybe 2 times per boss and like 4 times per match.
No One Important Died Tavernus - Sorc / Taverna - Mara / Pintus - Op / Gintonica - PT
The Red Eclipse. Sweet Dreams to all my Harbinger children.

skarlson
07.30.2013 , 01:06 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Fireswraith View Post
I hope you reps know that it's not your job to tell US what the "top 3 concerns" are for our class are. It's our job to tell you what 3 questions WE want answered. If 80% of us want to ask why can't we have red lightning as an option along with purple then that's what you ask. Basically I'm just saying find out questions that we want answered, not more along the lines of here's the three discuss them.
Did you even read the OP? He said these are opinion and if you disagree let him know why, yes he said for everyone but everyone includes himself. Then later, not much later, he says here are my personal concerns. I don't see why you are whining or insinuating anything the first time he posts. Go elsewhere if you can't keep it civil without taking offense imo.
"Unlimited powahahaha! I can't say it..." -Darth Sidious as a Sorcerer

skarlson
07.30.2013 , 01:27 PM | #15
I do not think we need to be proposing nerfs to counter any changes. We are fine DPS wise. We need better survivability; either in the form more CC or unnerfing the CC and improving our ability to resist interruption along the same line as snipers. We do not need any nerfs however as we just recently got to where we are. I see no reason to give up the DPS and burst we finally received just to get something we should already have. A turret spec should be able to actually turret without being easy to shutdown.

DarthEndonae
07.30.2013 , 01:32 PM | #16
Who said anything about nerfs?

skarlson
07.30.2013 , 01:42 PM | #17
-Add a longer cooldown to thundering blast if it is casted instantly
-Drop its damage by a small amount (5% maybe?)
-Put an internal cooldown on gaining stacks
-Don't allow each stack to lower its cast time, make it so you have to have 5 stacks to instant either of the casts

SuperGrunt
07.30.2013 , 01:45 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Psirebral View Post
------------------------------

PvE Heal Concerns

Please don't be too upset by the shortness of the PvE section but I don't PvE and it doesn't get nearly as much thought as it should but I do hate some aspects of our class when it comes to PvE healing.

Resurgence Issue

Resurgence is the most worthless mechanic I have ever seen. Wasting a GCD on a heal that does very little just so that your other talents don't bankrupt your force is extremely dumb in my opinion. Possible changes to this mechanic:

-Lower or take it off the GCD
-Increase the healing ticks and armor granted a little more
-Give it two charges that can be used as you please. (IE one on innervate and one on quick heal)

------------------------------
As someone who mains on a Sorc Healer, I don't feel that Resurgence is even a bad mechanic let alone a worthless one. I feel that it was a decent compromise for getting us some Force Regen, when all other healers can use their Ranged attacks to regen their resource. As a matter of fact they actually made it much better with 2.0 because it can reduce the Force cost of Revivification while 3 stacks of Force Bending make that an instant cast.

My biggest concern with Sorc Healing is that instead of buffing the other healing classes they nerfed Sorc Healers way back.
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

SuperGrunt
07.30.2013 , 01:49 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by warstory View Post
When my barrier is up can it deal dmg back to the attacker when I get attacked plz!
This X 10.

Anyone who is stupid enough to attack a Sorc/Sage with Force Barrier up for over one Global Cooldown needs to get One Shot.
Guild leader of {Imperial} <The Betrayed> & {Republic} <xX The Betrayed Xx> on The Harbinger. Recruitment Thread
My Twitch channel, both a link and the address so you can choose how you visit it. twitch.tv/otawo

akabane_k
07.30.2013 , 01:57 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by SuperGrunt View Post
This X 10.

Anyone who is stupid enough to attack a Sorc/Sage with Force Barrier up for over one Global Cooldown needs to get One Shot.
but i use assault on them to build rage....

and have consuption off the gcd, or maybe half the time of a normal attack. I'm cool with the idea of spending health to restore force, but having several gcds of not outputting any healing is not good.