Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

[Guide] Sage DPS (TK + Balance) 2.0+

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
[Guide] Sage DPS (TK + Balance) 2.0+

Messiaah's Avatar


Messiaah
04.18.2013 , 08:56 PM | #21
is it possible that they changed the cast time formulae from cast time = base cast time * (1 - alacrity%) to cast time = base cast time / (1 + alacrity%). could some one double check this?
Guildlead - Seven Stuck
Kereg - Juggernaut Tank
Recruitment: open

Nibbon's Avatar


Nibbon
04.18.2013 , 10:47 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
I was wondering about gearing for hybrid balance, would that just be the same as full balance?
Obviously the details I was able to give about gearing was a very detailed analysis based off the specific specs and their relationship with the different stats. Without performing the same level of analysis, I couldn't confidently give you the same opinion I am able to for the specs I have researched.

That being said, I see no reason why the hybrids wouldn't fall in a similar gearing pattern as they would with full TK and full Balance - as prior to 2.0, the hybrids fell inbetween the two in terms of gearing. Given that they are so similar now, I would think that hybrid would also gear similarly.

MaliceX's Avatar


MaliceX
04.18.2013 , 11:32 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
And, just for information, I believe the enhancements we're after are:

Proficient
Studious
Both of these have the stats in the following order: Accuracy-Endurance-Power

Discipline
Efficient
Both of these have the stats in the following order: Surge-Endurance-Power

Barrage
Savant
Both of these have the stats in the following order: Alacrity-Endurance-Power
Without looking up everything ya just posted I believe the first ones you posted are the high +End enhancements (which seems to be the ones you posted for all of them, not sure why)

Initiative is the lower endurance one, with Accuracy then power then End

Gondolindhrim's Avatar


Gondolindhrim
04.19.2013 , 02:03 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Nibbon View Post
Obviously the details I was able to give about gearing was a very detailed analysis based off the specific specs and their relationship with the different stats. Without performing the same level of analysis, I couldn't confidently give you the same opinion I am able to for the specs I have researched.

That being said, I see no reason why the hybrids wouldn't fall in a similar gearing pattern as they would with full TK and full Balance - as prior to 2.0, the hybrids fell inbetween the two in terms of gearing. Given that they are so similar now, I would think that hybrid would also gear similarly.
Since Hybrid doesn't pick up Sever Force (30% surge from Mental Scarring), Surge should be very slightly better than it is for full Balance due to its additive nature... so the difference between 6 accuracy/4 surge and 6 accuracy/3 surge/1 alacrity should be barely measurable, I guess.
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | ydis | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda

ChuangTzu's Avatar


ChuangTzu
04.19.2013 , 02:07 AM | #25
Hold on, how are we supposed to have 10 enhancements when there are only 7 items that carry enhancements? Unless i missed something.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Messiaah's Avatar


Messiaah
04.19.2013 , 02:11 AM | #26
ear and implant are designed in the same way like e.g. ur chest is designed, u just can't change the mods.
Guildlead - Seven Stuck
Kereg - Juggernaut Tank
Recruitment: open

Gondolindhrim's Avatar


Gondolindhrim
04.19.2013 , 03:13 AM | #27
Yeah, earpieces and implants carry 72 accuracy/surge/alacrity/etc, the same number you find on the enhancements.
Rheiya | Fyrellis | Kayleen | Adelynn | ydis | Hailey | Lyell | Leonyra
Freiya | Zeyus | Ivaadi | Ellyxia | Shyala | Sugarberry | Ylvie| Syeeda

Stoofa's Avatar


Stoofa
04.19.2013 , 05:06 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by MaliceX View Post
Without looking up everything ya just posted I believe the first ones you posted are the high +End enhancements (which seems to be the ones you posted for all of them, not sure why)

Initiative is the lower endurance one, with Accuracy then power then End
Sorry about that. I was basing my post on the level 22 enhancements where the two I listed for each stat are identical - I've just checked back again and this is the case.
However it would appear that BW have fixed things with the level 25 enhancements. So, ignoring my earlier post, the enhancements we are looking for are:

Accuracy - Endurance - Power
Proficient

Surge - Endurance - Power
Efficient

Alacrity - Endurance - Power
Savant

Stoofa's Avatar


Stoofa
04.19.2013 , 05:06 AM | #29
Oh and as a side note - has anyone noticed that the GTN is full of the "lettered" mods.
So everything I can see is either "A" or "B". I've not been able to find a single unlettered mod for the past few days.

Nibbon's Avatar


Nibbon
04.19.2013 , 07:48 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Stoofa View Post
Oh and as a side note - has anyone noticed that the GTN is full of the "lettered" mods.
So everything I can see is either "A" or "B". I've not been able to find a single unlettered mod for the past few days.
It's because you can craft A and B mods from the trainer, so naturally they are on the GTN more.