Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Sorcs SUCK!

pureeffinmetal
04.19.2012 , 09:48 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by koviaem View Post
Sorcs do not suck. In fact, no dps class sucks due to any class mechanics. The problem here is a lack of player skill and common sense.

OP you get a stun break right? Learn to use it. Also if you're gonna play a class you have to understand it. Going into any game ladededah with the misconception that you'll roll people without putting any effort into understanding the toon you play then I take off my cap and pray for you.

I play a sorc right now, Lvl 47 currently, lightning spec. Omgwtfbbq! I just said lightning spec! You mean you don't play,madness spec? /sarcasm

I consistently get MVP votes and over 250k dps in sub50 warzones, and I must say it isn't hard at all. Quit your QQing and own up on your lack of basic gaming ability.
Feel free to ignore this guy

Quote: Originally Posted by Flanders View Post
^this

I play a Sorc too, lvl 33 and lightning spec'd as well, and I have no problems at all doing any 1v1. Granted I rarely do any PVP, not because it sucks but because I suck at PVP, but none the less I have no issues in that area. Maybe you're just not as l337 as you think you are
This guy too.

Sub-50 PVP means nothing. There is no expertise. Varied levels of players with different spells and most important talents.

I really wish people would stop trying to validate their arguments with experiences based off sub-50 pvp.

wwkingms
04.20.2012 , 12:40 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
Feel free to ignore this guy

This guy too.

Sub-50 PVP means nothing. There is no expertise. Varied levels of players with different spells and most important talents.

I really wish people would stop trying to validate their arguments with experiences based off sub-50 pvp.

yea idk either,
this is why sorcs were un-rightfully nerfed int he first place, early game hysteria and imbalance in the lowbie/ungeared brackets where sorcs dominate

but the truth is in geared 50 pvp its quite difficult to play a sorc well, and 1v1 is even harder, we have no powerful cooldowns and we have very low single target dps compared to other classes..

that being said i run hyrbid and can 1v1 most idiots but a smart mara, sin, operative or pt should never lose to me... but they do idk

the wrath CL nerf was ridiculous and i barely crit for 3k anymore most matches, although i can still pull 500k in most long matches from being very active
NIHIL

THE BASTION

FodderofCannon
04.20.2012 , 01:38 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Psiwolf View Post
Lol.. So you went from winning most/all 1v1 situations then out of the 8 classes, you removed operatives/assassins and warriors (is this both jugs and marauders?). Now you're left with 4 classes. So are you saying you win most/all vs the remaining 4 classes? Or do you mean you never see operatives, assassins, juggernaut, and marauders in pvp?

Well I THINK YOU'RE LYING!
Operatives and sins that are not in stealth and ganking me with thier stun openers are dead 99% of the time. Even when stunned and gank attacked I can sometimes win against one. Depends on cooldowns. Warriors are mostly dead. However, some well played warriors can out dps my kiting. Most of them die. It is important to note I am talking pre-50 sorcs. Not a 50 sorc so can't speak to that.

So that's most 1v1. Sins tend to be the hardest, but it depends on if they are tank specced or not. It really is about player skill, and more importantly: GEAR. Melee is very gear dependent it seems. I know every time i gain a level all of a sudden i do less damage in bolstered warzones. It's kind of funny to gain a level and do less damage...

Rikeryo
04.20.2012 , 02:22 AM | #24
sorry, but no one cares about pre 50 warzones. endgame is what matters. I can assure you, mr. FodderofCannon, that you'll be roflstomped when you hit 50.
5% club member

iphobia
04.20.2012 , 03:01 AM | #25
Everyone who says sorc is fine...duel any good Marauder, Powertech or Tanksin.
My Sorc is VR70, full (augmented) Battlemaster, around 1200 expertise.
While I am in 9/10 games on top of the damage charts (and around 100k passive healing) at the end of the game while playing for the objective, I don't stand a chance against those classes in a 1on1, it's just impossible to beat any decent player of them. Those damagenumbers are misleading because we are a DoT- and AoE-class. That's not what pvp is about.

-Marauder, new FOTM, huge damageoutput, to many defensive cooldowns. If I see one of them coming towards me, I just try to run to my team and get help
-Vanguards keep on globaling me with nonstop 3k+ crits.
-Tanksin with dps-gear is the best 1on1 setup at the moment, no chance there, survivability of a tank and damageoutput close to a dps-specced one.

For the other classes/speccs i don't see any problems, especially for ranges. Some Juggernauts are hard, but Snipers and mercs are a joke if you have some pillars to LoS.

Dabrixmgp
04.20.2012 , 03:05 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by KrittaB View Post
Most crapped on class? Operatives would like a word with you.
They might if they hadnt all rerolled already.

Dayshadow
04.20.2012 , 04:15 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by revolana View Post
Why is it that every single game i play i happen to choose the most crapped on class there is? I mean i pick a Sorc for ranged DPS and what happens? Stun, Stun, Snare, Blinded, Immobilized dead. Seriously what fun is that? I get 1 insta cast 4 second stun and 1 30 minute cast time whirlwind. However if i dps someone they get broke out. Me, hell no i get stunned and im dead from all the damage thats being put out on me.

I cant for the life of me figure out why all the other classes are feeling so OP when it comes to 1v1. I stand 0 chance to beat anyone in 1v1. Now i see why everyone rages about the failfest of a pvp system in this game. Seriously needs overhauled and balanced a TON.
I beat guardians, commandos, sages, gunslingers (depending on location) fairly easily.

Shadow and scoundrels are more problematic, but doable.

Vanguards and sentinels are the most difficult. I don't think I've ever beaten a vanguard 1vs1. As I play a vanguard as well I can understand why. I never lose 1vs1 as a vanguard. Vanguard > everything else.
SWTOR gameplay edited like a television series

CedricDur
04.20.2012 , 05:23 AM | #28
Same old thing. People complaining X class can win against them. Because we all know all PvP games are balanced 1 VS 1 no matter the class combo with all possible three trees permutations.

Refresh my memory: all of PvP in SWTOR is pretty much objective based, isn't it? What is this focus on the outcome in duels?

You want the damage of a BH, but also interrupts, force speed, force slow, pulling a team mate and bubbles?

Yes, of course you do. Silly question.

Sillier question still. If you want the damage of a X, why are you not playing X? Because you want the force speed, force slow, bubbles and etc, BUT you don't want the problems that X has.
Leandrea - Jedi Sage @ The Progenitor

100% behind the article.

Sergetov
04.20.2012 , 05:31 AM | #29
These 2 pics were before the 1.2 update:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p..._53_719300.jpg

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p..._40_657300.jpg

This one is yesterday:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p..._17_783400.jpg

The opponents were 30% warhero with the rest in BM. I'm only in BM. These are not scrubs we play, as a matter of fact, the republic used to roll us constantly before 1.2 but for some reason, the tables have turned. We now win 95% of our matches against republic.

The DPS side of sorc for PVP is fine.

Tawjaq
04.20.2012 , 05:44 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by CedricDur View Post
Same old thing. People complaining X class can win against them. Because we all know all PvP games are balanced 1 VS 1 no matter the class combo with all possible three trees permutations.

Refresh my memory: all of PvP in SWTOR is pretty much objective based, isn't it? What is this focus on the outcome in duels?
You may have hit the nail on the head. So what exactly are the objectives in the pvp zones?

Huttball - Cary the ball to the enemy base. Yes, sorcs do shine in this Wz, although no more than juggernauts of tank bounty hunters, who also have a lot of utility usable in this particular game. This is also the reason why I love huttball, because it offers a lot of room for tactics, strategy and cooperation and allows a small team to dominate the game even if the rest of the team does nothing.

Denova coast - The target hear is to kill the enemy forces at the capture point to allow you to take it and you need either good burst damage or survivability to achieve this. Sorc has none of these. All the utility and kiting abilities are useless, since you need to stay at a rather small area and I'm slowly getting tired of running circles around the buildings.

Void star - The target hear is to kill the enemy forces at the capture point to allow you to take it and you need either good burst damage or survivability to achieve this. There are the short periods when running between phases where sorc utility can serve amazingly well in slowing down the opposing team, essentially securing a free bomb or two, but these phases are relatively short compared to the gate mash up.

Civil war - The target hear is to kill the enemy forces at the capture point to allow you to take it and you need either good burst damage or survivability to achieve this.

See what I mean? When we try to play true to our class, we are at a serious disadvantage in 3 out of 4 war zones.
It is really frustrating trying to remain at the objective while trying to kite at the same time and interrupting attempts at capture. I find myself dying quite often simple due to the fact that in order to win against the other person I would have to abandon the objective and this is the reason why I believe the sorc class might need some other form of burst than relic + recklessness every 2 minutes and even then you only get burst if you do the full force lightning channel, which is rather counter-productive for a class that dies immediately once it stops moving.