Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

1.2 Sorc Heals Thoughts?

dalin
04.12.2012 , 11:50 PM | #21
Let me be blunt.

Reroll or unsub. No I'm not kidding. Sorc healing is dead in PvP and pretty bad in PvE. Just to entertain myself I got on my old Assassin and bought the blue recruit pvp set. Spec'd tank and lol'd as I soloed people and healed myself.

It's okay to be a tank with heals that can 1v1 any class, but God forbid you like playing a healing Sorc.

So to help you out, roll Tank Assassin, Mara, or a Powetech. Bioware has decided to play FoTM PvP over balanced PvP. I LONG for pre 1.2.

Tripleplay
04.12.2012 , 11:57 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ASHxHOUSWARES View Post
YOU have completely ruined the healer.Great patch!!
waiting for GW2 now.
Patch 1.2 ~ R.I.P. Sorcs

xMumford
04.13.2012 , 12:09 AM | #23
I'm almost surprised this thread's not been locked.
OH. THERE IS A PATCH TOMORROW. I WONDER WHAT IT MIGHT BE...

stelford
04.13.2012 , 12:15 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by xMumford View Post

For the record I am an avid PvP'er and urgh, it's a drag whereas before it was fun. I know a lot of DPSers complained their hutts off about them not being able to kill us, but what do you expect? WE'RE HEALERS. If you really want to kill us so bad, why don't you interrupt? Or, oh, I don't know...improvise. It's not hard.
I almost pvp'd the entire game.. so.. I understand where you are coming from, and all I can say is.. the person in this thread who says unsub or re-roll is correct. sucks but.. yeah.

What get's me is, 1vs1 - I didn't go down in PvP, same as most tanks with champ/bm gear. However, when I had 2 or 3 people focusing DPS/Melee on me, I went down. Which is ~exactly~ what they do for Tanks. Yet for some reason, healers were OP but nobody thinks that tanks are OP.

I don't understand why that is at all.. but.. another of lifes mysteries I guess.

Pirahna
04.13.2012 , 12:35 AM | #25
I haven't posted yet since they dropped the beta forums but I had to on this topic.

First off I have a 50 PT, 50 Sniper, 50 Sorc and a 32 juggy. My Sorc healer was my main UNTIL TODAY. I was reserving judgement until I experienced 1.2 for myself.

Today was so depressing and discouraging. Not only that but it was embarrassing trying to heal my guildies. I am very ashamed that people were dying left and right in the new FP(HM) and Op(normal).

My sorc is a war hero with full BM and full rakata (minus the chest piece). Our guild has successfully and regularly cleared EV and KP on HM (after paying our dues by dying a lot until we learned the fights)

Today was a nightmare... I could not keep up with the dps on our tanks without letting other members of the raid group die. It seems with 1.2 it is either focus heals on tank and let others die or let tank die and keep others healed....

I am very disappointed in you Bioware. Sorcs may have needed rebalanced but this nerf was too far... Healers are the heart of any game and you just ripped out mine.

P.S. I know this may go unnoticed and lost in the forum spam and I know the powers that be at Bioware may not read this but I had to share what is on my mind.

RazielKanos
04.13.2012 , 12:38 AM | #26
this is not about whining - this is about facts...

after our first try on the new flashpoint we wanted to go there a 2nd time, and when i wanted to jopin i got a "man, we know you can play your class, but we're going to take the operative healer with us, ok?"

that NEVER happened before!
I lost 45% heal power
in the time i casted 10 Heals i now can cast 5!

honestly, i don't get what you all whine about the cinsumption, it's annoying, but ok - I WANT MY SPEED CAST BUFF BACK !!!!

I instantly dropped from best healer in the guild to lower mid heal (yeah, i think the Mercs are still not as good as i am...) and the reason is NOIT that i forgot how to play during night...

nerf... ok, if they think they need to - but 45 or even 50% - kills a class!

Monkeybusiness
04.13.2012 , 12:59 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by RazielKanos View Post
this is not about whining - this is about facts...

after our first try on the new flashpoint we wanted to go there a 2nd time, and when i wanted to jopin i got a "man, we know you can play your class, but we're going to take the operative healer with us, ok?"

that NEVER happened before!
I lost 45% heal power
in the time i casted 10 Heals i now can cast 5!

honestly, i don't get what you all whine about the cinsumption, it's annoying, but ok - I WANT MY SPEED CAST BUFF BACK !!!!

I instantly dropped from best healer in the guild to lower mid heal (yeah, i think the Mercs are still not as good as i am...) and the reason is NOIT that i forgot how to play during night...

nerf... ok, if they think they need to - but 45 or even 50% - kills a class!
This guy nailed right down to the point.

I was disgusted and pretty much rage quitted my HM FP because it just doesn't work anymore.

A few fixes were justified but the consumption & leaving dark infusion in the state that it is...

Now that's outright murder

What i had in mind

- Make Force surge a free consumption with a internel CD
- Lower Cast time on Dark infusion by 0.3 sec
- Allow alacrity to actually be useful.... (bonus to force/energy regen)
(EU) The Red Eclipse
50 Sniper, Lyoko
50 Sorcerer, Lackus
41 Powertech, Sejani

ChaosLenny
04.13.2012 , 01:11 AM | #28
Sorcerer healing is now completely broken. Not kinda broken, not find a new work around. Nope it's broke.

I'm a pretty good (lol I was yesterday) pvp healer. Rank 65, mostly battlemaster. Sorcerer has been my main toon since launch.

There are a few things I don't think Bioware & their so called 'metrics' take in account for. 1) Healers are a high priority target, if you've never healed I suggest you give it a shot. Try running around (marked no less) trying to keep your companions alive, pass a ball, grab a door, all the while getting zerged. 2) Light armor, sorcerers have friggin light armor this makes a difference we are squishy! 3) Force consumption is how we maintain our healing, it was not op'd if it's op'd then agents/smugglers diagnostic scan is way op cause it regens energy & heals, didn't see a nerf there...there is no 'you need to learn to manage your force' that is somebody who doesn't know how to play a high level sorcerer (this isn't a big deal for lower level folks it comes more into play towards the high end).

What I saw today was a sorcerer death zerg fest. I'm a healer and I fully expect to die in pvp but not chain death the first time I throw a heal. The PVP expertise increases dps output twice the healing output. Thus I can't heal through any damage I take. Plus I love the new medal system if you don't get four you don't get any credit for the warzone. What a way to encourage people to enter a losing battle. Also sometimes my medals are weak because if I'm going after objectives people start to die. Healers need to heal that's why we're there.

People *****ed about op healers and this is what we get now. I don't think people get that healers get alot of mvp votes because we're the guy who saved your *** that wz more than our uber powers. Is it hard to kill a healer?...heck yeah and it should be, healers don't have a high damage output, it's the trade off you make when you go healing.

I cancelled my subscription bout a week ago. I read the notes and knew this was coming but I had time so I checked it out and it was worse than I imagined it. Why did I cancel? I like my sorcerer and don't feel the need to role and alt so I don't get farmed all day. Also I want to send a clear message to Bioware...PLAY TEST!..This was never play tested. Seriously my Sage/Sorcerer brothers & sisters would you have said if you had a chance to play test this it was a good idea? Much like Ilum they didn't take the time to have folks try it out first and give real feedback. It's sad...I love a bunch a stuff bout this game but the pve is pretty dry, and now for me the pvp is broken. Not worth the fifteen bucks a month for the frustration.

Inemes
04.13.2012 , 01:22 AM | #29
I totally agree with the people that wrote above me. BW didn't nerf us, they just killed the Sorc healing. I only PvP in this game, don't do flashpoints, don't do Ops. My Sorc is rank 81. Last night when I logged into the game, I fixed my UI, made my build and started to PvP... the first game was a hard slap in the face for me.

I don't have a problem about the Consuption, I knew that its gone, so I tried to avoid pressing my key binding for it when I hear the sound after a crit that I make when I cast innervate. My main heal as many of u was Dark Infusion when Innervate is on CD, now its kind of useless when I have ppl on my head, hell no its useless when I even don't have ppl on my head trying to kill me

In our small society - our server Scepter of Ragnos ppl know each other, I know that a minute after we start the warzone I am marked as primary target, last night it was the same, but now the difference was that they could easily kill me, I couldn't kite them as much as I did the last night and the good all days before this ridiculous patch and more over I am so much nerfed as a healing class that I cant heal myself, cant heal the team mates.

The operatives are not the healers of this game, ok I don't mind that they had and keep having love from the Devs, but I don't want to reroll, I want to play a healer as I was doing it 7 years in a roll in one other MMO. I suits my game-style, suits my vision and believes.

They nerfed the Consuption, nerfed the Force Bending, nerfed the + healing from Expertise. I cant survive a lot in the warzone now. What are my options?
"Maybe our books will have a chapter shared…"
I can't sleep without your breathing and I can't breathe each time you're leaving.

Kilvorian
04.13.2012 , 01:45 AM | #30
Your all bad if youre that upset about healing. Your big heal doesnt have reduced cast time anymore so guess what...QUIT USING IT!!!! I'm a sage healer and still post 500-600k heals in warzones and in dps spec I still post 400-500k dps games. As far as PvE healing goes learn to manage force yes you cannot double cast big heals but you can still keep people up use the aoe heal and if your groupmates dont stand in it then thats their problem unless youre terribad and put it in awful spots. If you cant do that anymore then youre just bad plain and simple.