Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

1.2 Sorc Heals Thoughts?


Leoden's Avatar


Leoden
04.12.2012 , 10:07 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Tripleplay View Post
I had a 4 page discussion on PVP sorc healing in 1.2 then bioware decided to close that thread and every other thread like it.... why? because they don't want us talking negatively about 1.2 pvp healing sorcs, because sorcs are now broken.

BUT be careful!!! this post might get deleted/locked also!

What's the matter Bioware? Why are you going around locking and deleting threads and posts having to do with Sorc healing in patch 1.2?

Because you broke sorcs and now you can't deal with it. Best solution bioware? Silence our voice and act like 'nothing is wrong'.
They are locking threads like crazy.
Actually the only reason I posted here was because the mod linked it when he/she locked the thread I was reading

I really hope they are taking this issue seriously, lots are upset with the current changes.

Blueneko's Avatar


Blueneko
04.12.2012 , 10:09 PM | #12
There are no words.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.

www.throughvictory.com
RP/PvE - US East - Shien

VVyrdo's Avatar


VVyrdo
04.12.2012 , 10:27 PM | #13
They nerfed us because the head devs play maras and juggs, they couldn't kill us 1v1 so they removed our burst healing and any form of longevity in a fight.

In all honesty, what's the point in healing if you can't heal? These guys just need to suck it up and let us do our jobs.

We were fine pre-patch. SW is going the way of WoW, they listen to the QQing children that can't play their classes, refuse to even try or learn how to play. The game is pretty much rated years 3+ now.


The exact same thing is happening here. Bioware is listening to the hundreds of posts claiming a class is OP because they can't work out how to interrupt said abilities or use their cooldowns effectively.

I never felt OP pre-patch, not once. I never felt like I had an advantage, I even felt like we were the perfect support class. That BW had gotten at least one class spot on.




You need to stop listening to the children, play the damn classes yourself if you want some feedback. Just stop taking it out on us if you can't play your own game.


/Rant over

Síth.

MissDevereaux's Avatar


MissDevereaux
04.12.2012 , 10:32 PM | #14
I'm not too happy about the changes myself, but I'm not going to act like a child and stomp my foot over it as I unsubscribe (as I've seen many doing). That's ridiculous.

If Bioware listened to the other classes complain, I'm sure they'll listen when they realize they took too much away from us. It hasn't even been a full day yet; people really need to learn patience.

Besides, what's stopping people from leveling their alts in the meantime, if it's really that horrible? I'm still trying to see if I can work my Sorcerer in a way I'm happy with, but if not I have other toons I could be playing.

I'm glad this thread isn't primarily a whine-fest. Stuff like that is never going to get us anywhere.
The Kilgharrah Legacy
mörgause ~ sorcerer // illyriäh ~ sentinel
sawajiri ~ scoundrel // amaryce ~ commando
« The Harbinger »

stelford's Avatar


stelford
04.12.2012 , 10:40 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by VVyrdo View Post
<snip>
I never felt OP pre-patch, not once. I never felt like I had an advantage, I even felt like we were the perfect support class. That BW had gotten at least one class spot on.
Absolutely agree with this. I have never posted to the forums before today, so I maybe crazy but, I Have been asking people exactly ~how~ we were OP, and the basic answer I get is 'cause you can heal through my damage' ... guess what .. we are a HEALING spec. We ~should~ be able to heal through 1vs1 (except for if your gear sucks and they are BM or.. whatever).

The double heal proc/crit bug needed fixing, no doubt about that in my mind. Everything else was jst overkill, mostly because a mara or jugg couldn't take out the healers 1vs1. Now they can ... and pvp is a respawn fest.

jst roll back the consumption/noble sacrifice "fixes". I can't believe any sorc/sage on the PTS thought 'yes, these changes are awesome for PvP' .. maybe PvE they are 'okay' (although I doubt that in ops) but .. if you played the class, you would know in 15s how badly this breaks it. honestly.

and yes.. before today, I never posted once. I am SO annoyed that they (quite literally) killed my main character. It's unplayable!!

VVyrdo's Avatar


VVyrdo
04.12.2012 , 10:49 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by MissDevereaux View Post
I'm not too happy about the changes myself, but I'm not going to act like a child and stomp my foot over it as I unsubscribe (as I've seen many doing). That's ridiculous.

If Bioware listened to the other classes complain, I'm sure they'll listen when they realize they took too much away from us. It hasn't even been a full day yet; people really need to learn patience.

Besides, what's stopping people from leveling their alts in the meantime, if it's really that horrible? I'm still trying to see if I can work my Sorcerer in a way I'm happy with, but if not I have other toons I could be playing.

I'm glad this thread isn't primarily a whine-fest. Stuff like that is never going to get us anywhere.

I won't be unsubbing, I will continue to play my sorcerer. I don't intend to make any alts, in fact BW lied to us about the Legacy system that said there would be a "purchase" option for all of the unlockables, so that the people who liked to stick to just one character could do so without any handicap. Well they lied, you have to level all four classes to Act 2 in order to get the buff from each of them.





~Final Thought~
If Whinning didn't get us anywhere, how the hell did we get nerfed in the first place? Somebody must have complained, in fact more than one person would had to have complained for us to get nerfed this much. I highly doubt BW did it at random, without any pressure from the community.


Like I said, kids complain. I am not a kid, but apparently now we're not healers either so here I am.




So if we all complain, they will do something about it? Seems to have worked to get us nerfed, so why not just follow suit and do the same...



*One last thing, I am GM of my guild on The Tomb of Freedon Nadd. My only character on that server is my sorcerer, I have gone from the best healer in my guild to worthless. I now have to decide whether to stick it out and just be a low-output healer or reroll, which I had promised myself I wouldn't be doing...*

Eversickness's Avatar


Eversickness
04.12.2012 , 10:53 PM | #17
i had started one about an hour after patch, by the 3rd page they asked to make benfecial articles rather then negative about 1.2 ... i never felt OP maybe take away the extra big heal we got, and we would be fine ... just because bioware made a talent and no one would use it, they force it on us? (dark resil) not to mention if we want to pvp, we have to take talents from damage reduction and knockback sufferring ... 2.4 secs is a lifetime to cast in both pve and pvp... this is a terrible nerf all around, all i hear from people is, im sorry about your class because i eat you in pvp now.

VVyrdo's Avatar


VVyrdo
04.12.2012 , 11:10 PM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by Eversickness View Post
i had started one about an hour after patch, by the 3rd page they asked to make benfecial articles rather then negative about 1.2 ..
Just...wow


Yes, lets listen to all the complaining from tanks about them not being able to kill healers in the first three seconds of a fight. What a brilliant idea.

Then when the healers try to complain, we'll ask them not to!






...Are they serious?


Oh and btw, don't expect them to make any changes to our class again for a while. No company, game makers or other, would go back on a decision like this. We are going to have to either just get use to it or re-roll.

It was the same with WoW when they ruined it and made it toddler-friendly. They refused to admit anything was wrong until they lost half their subscribers. Even then (now), what's next? Pandas....


I can only see the same thing happening here, all the future changes will be making things easier. Doing the Belsavis dailies today took me and a friend about an hour. Whereas yesterday it took about 3...

They are making these changes so that the people who can't play the game have a chance. How about you just keep it hard-mode and let the scrubs get better rather than just spoon feeding them everything.




Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

i.e. stop handing the less-skilled players easy wins, easy gear, easy end-game content and they will have to get better.

Blizzard nerfed the end-game Dragon Soul raids because the kids found it too hard. Please don't just be another copycat, stand out as the game that said NO!

stelford's Avatar


stelford
04.12.2012 , 11:33 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by VVyrdo View Post
...Are they serious?
<snip>
sadly.. yes. I agree with you in that, I wish they would jst roll back the consumption stuff.. but.. that's not going to happen

Quote: Originally Posted by VVyrdo View Post
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Build a man a fire, and he is warm for a day; set a man on fire, and he is warm for the rest of his life.

I think I am jst going to vote with my $$$. I find it hard to be 'polite' when they have effectively killed about 100+ hours of my time building upto lvl 50, grinding through pvp to get champ gear and then basically listening to others about how 'OP' we are... without actually ~talking~ to the sage/sorcs about this.

I also don't ~want~ to play an alt. I was the healer in my pvp and ops group. I liked it. I really did. It was what I enjoyed. Keeping people alive. Crazy, I know. So, what do I say to them now ? 'sorry guys/gals, I am going to be a tank from now on!' .. yeah.. my position is safe in the group then. If someone can offer me guidance on how to PvP with these changes, I will gladly take them. 'die and respawn' is NOT advice btw, if I wanted to do that, I wouldn't be a healer

I don't think many people disagreed with the change regarding the double healing bug. That's a bug, so, sure. fix it. No biggie. However, the consumption/noble sac changes are awful. I have heard maybe (maybe) 1-2 sorc/sage healers say its a good idea, and every other sorc/sage say it's pretty terrible.

This is, as someone pointed out, day 1 of the change. I don't think waiting and seeing if the anger/frustration dies down is a prudent move but, I am not a dev so... *shrug*

xMumford's Avatar


xMumford
04.12.2012 , 11:34 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by VVyrdo View Post
They nerfed us because the head devs play maras and juggs, they couldn't kill us 1v1 so they removed our burst healing and any form of longevity in a fight.

In all honesty, what's the point in healing if you can't heal? These guys just need to suck it up and let us do our jobs.

We were fine pre-patch. SW is going the way of WoW, they listen to the QQing children that can't play their classes, refuse to even try or learn how to play. The game is pretty much rated years 3+ now.


The exact same thing is happening here. Bioware is listening to the hundreds of posts claiming a class is OP because they can't work out how to interrupt said abilities or use their cooldowns effectively.

I never felt OP pre-patch, not once. I never felt like I had an advantage, I even felt like we were the perfect support class. That BW had gotten at least one class spot on.




You need to stop listening to the children, play the damn classes yourself if you want some feedback. Just stop taking it out on us if you can't play your own game.


/Rant over

Síth.
Preach.

I couldn't have said it any better myself. I was excited as ever for this patch. I woke up early feeling like a child on Christmas morning with how much I'd been anticipating this patch...and then I had coal slammed down my throat, pretty much, when I first logged onto my Inquisitor. Hell, he was level 49...just bars away from 50 and before I had no issues leveling. Hours before the patch I didn't die frequently, I could keep my companion healed, keep my leveling partner alive when we did quests together. Nope. Not anymore.

I see a lot more things that could use fixing. A LOT more things. I understand that it's only been a day but people are already rolling new characters or just quitting the game altogether, which is to be expected, but it shouldn't be happening. The nerf healers received was uncalled for - to this extent. BW can lock as many threads as they'd like this is a discussion forum and while it's not everything bright and sunshiny, these are players of your game who are upset at changes you made that broke the class.

For the record I am an avid PvP'er and urgh, it's a drag whereas before it was fun. I know a lot of DPSers complained their hutts off about them not being able to kill us, but what do you expect? WE'RE HEALERS. If you really want to kill us so bad, why don't you interrupt? Or, oh, I don't know...improvise. It's not hard.