Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Telekenetic Momentum Broke?

Khadroth
01.11.2012 , 08:44 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Kirbyg View Post
I've regular cast, insta-cast, jumped up and down while spinnning cast. It doesn't matter. The ability is just plain broke if more than 1 point is put in it. It isn't in the description about using the ability with POM, so why should it not work.
That's my point, if it doesn't work with PoM it should state it in the tooltip. Otherwise it would be functioning as a stealth limiter to TK heavy hybrid spec's burst. As for why it wouldn't, they're both direct % dmg modifiers on the ability. Combining them can cause the multiplier effects to spiral out of control especially on crits where surge further multiplies the dmg.

Again though, this could be completely unintentional. But judging from this thread, this is a problem only affecting hybrid TK specs and not Full specs (myself included), making something in (or lacking from) the hybrid spec, the likely culprit.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

Erladion
01.11.2012 , 10:47 AM | #22
I am starting to think that its broken to hybrid specs too since im atm playing with a 0/25/16 build and i have never seen 1 tremor buff or tk momentum proc, but when i was lvling i was using a full tk spec and then i was seeing procs pretty often tbh and i was thinking that it would be a good dmg boost to a hybrid spec and thats why i went 0/25/16 but since then not 1 proc

SeppTB
01.11.2012 , 12:07 PM | #23
I'm Full TK right now, level 33 all points in TK. At 32 I put my third point into Telekinetic Momentum, and definitely no longer see the extra proc damage ever. I'll put my point for 34 into Tremor and see if that helps. Certainly saw lots of procs at 1/3, I don't recall for 2/3.

neeman
01.11.2012 , 12:46 PM | #24
I'm full TK. Was looking for it last night at times (when alone, on low level mobs). I cannot say I did the experiment well, but when I paid attention, I saw the extra number for the bonus damage much, much less than 30%. Maybe about 5%. Not scientific enough to be truly helpful, but it suggests it might not just be a PoM issue.

If there is a problem with Telekinetic Momentum, we really need to get some input from Bioware. It's a major talent for our tree and Sage builds in general. I'd be interested in knowing whether there's similar speculation on the Sorc side.
Tuor, Darth Bandon

Masanis
01.12.2012 , 05:36 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by neeman View Post
I'm full TK. Was looking for it last night at times (when alone, on low level mobs). I cannot say I did the experiment well, but when I paid attention, I saw the extra number for the bonus damage much, much less than 30%. Maybe about 5%. Not scientific enough to be truly helpful, but it suggests it might not just be a PoM issue.

If there is a problem with Telekinetic Momentum, we really need to get some input from Bioware. It's a major talent for our tree and Sage builds in general. I'd be interested in knowing whether there's similar speculation on the Sorc side.
It could just be that we have so much going on that we don't notice the extra proc, but I've been thinking that this doesn't seem to go off nearly as much as it did when I first put a point into it.

neeman
01.12.2012 , 09:50 AM | #26
I was playing around again last night, looking not for extra numbers but for the Tremors indicator. It seems to work fine with Disturbance, although, not seeing an extra number signifying the second attack, it could very well be that the extra 30% damage element is not functioning. Tremors would however /never/ proc with casts of TWave, whether hard cast or from TF procs.

I am convinced that Momentum is broken. This needs attention.
Tuor, Darth Bandon

allexj
01.12.2012 , 12:04 PM | #27
i have sage as my secnd toon and im going hybrid if this really is broke it needs to be fixed it is a heavy point of the hybrid experites to be able to use the project proc in ballance and the one in telekin as well esp for a pvp sepc
Support Togruta,Bothan and other Alien Species! I Support LGBT Romance Arcs.

Khadroth
01.12.2012 , 12:50 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by allexj View Post
i have sage as my secnd toon and im going hybrid if this really is broke it needs to be fixed it is a heavy point of the hybrid experites to be able to use the project proc in ballance and the one in telekin as well esp for a pvp sepc
The good news is, even if this is broken for hybrids, you still can benefit from the double dipping bug.
The Starwind Legacy Anchorhead (PvP East)
"Tsu" 50 Miraluka Bala Sage "Soge" 3 Chiss Sniper
"Roronoa" 10 Pureblood Sentinel "Ashellia" 12 Borg PT
"Gene" 50 Human Gunslinger "Erza" 11 Human Jugg
"Shocktrooper" 16 Borg Comm "Hei" 1 Chiss Assassin

neeman
01.12.2012 , 01:02 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Khadroth View Post
The good news is, even if this is broken for hybrids, you still can benefit from the double dipping bug.
Is this functioning for you correctly as a full TK spec, Khadroth?

I still do not see it proc ever with TWave and am unsure whether there is in fact bonus damage when I see it proc (as per Tremors) from Disturbance. I'd love for someone to verify or disprove that it is broken.
Tuor, Darth Bandon

Wakaka
01.12.2012 , 01:15 PM | #30
i bet you it's not broke for imp side ^_^