Are the Revan Armor changes still coming in 2.2.1?

Reno_Tarshil

I'd Rather hope they show a PICTURE of the Light Grey color bug fix to be black robes again and the double hood removal before the patch...

yeah yeah I know. You keep sticking to your denial. I get it.

not going to go into detail about what they should or should not do in this thread. But the decision has already been made, and they are going through with the "plus more" part.

Now, when i believe it should be out by 2.3, but it may be sooner. Unless there are more delays.

I doubt that. But if they do, they can release a hood down version aswell.

They are slowly working on a hood toggle around with other projects, which would have this be a waste a code if they did. They also said they were making bug fixes, not updating the overall design. They are just making the robes black again and removing the double hood. To turn This back to This in color. Then remove the double hood so the back looks like it would change This Back to what it was supposed to be without 2 hoods, This They can't do anything else because then it wouldn't be a bug fix, but an entire appearance change. And with the previous Change they attempted before caused an outcry. They wouldn't dare alter it beyond what it was after it was sold to players in packs and GTN, and Collections. So for people who want a more Kotor version would need to ask for a separate set.

Edited by Magnusheart

Meh, I'm still a little annoyed that the mask that was heavily advertised as a single item for collections, cannot be changed to such. It's not like they'd have to redo everything, just the item they pretty much blatantly used as a way to make Blockade Runners packs seem desireable again.

Hey guys,

I checked with the team and Revan's armor has been updated to directly mirror the Revan NPC found in-game. That is intended and there are currently no further changes planned.

-eric

What about the Investigator's Robe? Surely if the double hood justified a fix on Revan's chest piece, it should also be done on that piece.

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

You said you'd adjust the color.

Meh, I'm still a little annoyed that the mask that was heavily advertised as a single item for collections, cannot be changed to such. It's not like they'd have to redo everything, just the item they pretty much blatantly used as a way to make Blockade Runners packs seem desireable again.

Exactly Eradicators' mask is a single item, it would be simple enough to add Revan's mask as a single item as well. However imagine the anger from the people that spent 2-4 mill to buy the gloves and sash to complete the set if that happened. Although I think more people would be happy if they did add it by itself to make up for their false advertisement of the system itself.

No we never will be happy because we're tired of getting lied to.

Hey everyone,

What is really interesting is that you folks are having a very similar conversation/debate to what happened internally when making this decision. There are two sides of the coin we had to look at. 1) Be sensitive to those who like the current look of the armor and to not take away what they enjoy. 2) That the current appearance contains a bug (which we of course would not want to leave in place) and isn't entirely canonical.

As indicated in my last post, we decided to err on the side of caution and to not change the appearance in the event that some players liked it. However, after continuing to read this thread it is clear that players in general care the most about the armor appearing canonical and not have an appearance bug in place. I do realize the forums are just one component of our entire community but I am inclined to believe a lot of players, even those outside the forums, would like to see the armor be more canonical.

After passing that information on to the team we have decided that we will be changing Revan's armor, and more than just the double hood! I will have more specifics later on, but aside from just fixing the double hood, you will see some color adjustments, etc. in the armor overall. Our current target for these changes will be Game Update 2.2.

I want to reiterate that when these changes take place, we will not be releasing a classic version of Revan's armor - the new appearance will be the only appearance available.

Thanks everyone!

-eric

We didn't even get specifics on it before it was implemented. Do you even care what we want?

Exactly Eradicators' mask is a single item, it would be simple enough to add Revan's mask as a single item as well. However imagine the anger from the people that spent 2-4 mill to buy the gloves and sash to complete the set if that happened. Although I think more people would be happy if they did add it by itself to make up for their false advertisement of the system itself.

Yes, I would be angry.