My only problem with Story EC and HM Lost Island..

I like that the difficulty is ramped up as to give players a new challenge. But so far all the 'Nerf the new content!' posts I've seen have had people reply to them with 'well, gear up and L2P noob'.

Now, I have no issue 'learning to play', so to speak. I watch videos and read walkthroughs and analyze the fights as we go through them.

But to tell someone to 'gear up' for these is ridiculous. You should not need full columi for a HM FP that DROPS COLUMI.

Same with the raid. People in full Columi should have no issues with running the Story Mode. You should not need Rakata for a raid that drops rakata.

Other than that, I approve of the difficulty.

Well the end of the new FP drops Rakata chest. The only difficult boss in there is the first. But once you figure out a good strat hes easy. I've done it with all melee and all ranged. I've tanked and healed it. It's difficult, but it just requires strategy.

Yes, 1 boss out of 4 drops a Rakata piece. That still leaves 3/4 bosses that you need Columi to get Columi with.

I don't really have a problem with making things harder, I'm just saying that from what I've seen everyone's solution to the difficulty is to get better gear and that should not be the case. The new raid's SM difficulty is higher than that of HM EV and HM KP, and it should be pretty much on par. I don't think the difficulty should be downed too much, but like I said you shouldn't need Rakata to get Rakata.

Well that's sort of my point. You shouldn't be wiping 10 times in Tionese or a Tionese with some Columi mix. I have actually not run the flashpoint so I can't speak to it's difficulty, but I have seen people recommending a full columi geared group at MINIMUM, which is just screwed up as far as I'm concerned. If you are going to make a flashpoint that you need to be that geared then I would assume more than one boss will drop a Rakata (even if it is just implant/relic/ear).

Well that's sort of my point. You shouldn't be wiping 10 times in Tionese or a Tionese with some Columi mix. I have actually not run the flashpoint so I can't speak to it's difficulty, but I have seen people recommending a full columi geared group at MINIMUM, which is just screwed up as far as I'm concerned. If you are going to make a flashpoint that you need to be that geared then I would assume more than one boss will drop a Rakata (even if it is just implant/relic/ear).

Again, you don't NEED to be geared, but if you aren't then it will be much more difficult. I don't know why people expect to just go in and kill everything without even trying.

On our first hard mode try on lost island it took us 3 hours. With lerning about the bosses and stuff.

The second go took 90 min, with one wipe because of two LD players on mid of last boss. So yes, will be doable in 60 min.

On a sidenote, we are full columi and mostly full rakata.

BUT: even without any rakata and only a few parts of columi this will be doable. Its not a question about the damage, its all a question about knowing the mobs. All the bosses have a special ability that has to be watched for. This flashpoint is way more unforgivenable on faults as the old ones.

This flashpoint is not made for groups without columi gear at all. The last boss is the reward. And he drop Rakata. The same with the old flashpoints. The last boss drop columi, he is the goal. The bosses before the last boss drop as well soemthing, but no one really care about these.

Same with this new flashpoint. Last boss drop Rakata. This is the goal. The columi on the way is bonus, nothing more.

And even without any Rakata and maybe half Columi, it should be possible to do this. It just may take some more time.

I have 4 pieces of Columi and the rest PVP Battlemaster. Am I screwed for Lost Island HM?

Eh you'll be fine

I went with a group that was full rakata/columi the first day it came out and we all assumed that it would be on par difficulty wise with the other flashpoints

We did it strictly for story content but we went on HM anyway

BAMN! we got our *** kicked because we didn't understand the mechanics and it was then the tank said "I probably should have googled this..."

We all laughed and quit the group and I haven't gone back yet since I already have a rakata chest piece

Where was I just got stuck rambling... yea