Any inactive/leaving players with a guild to give away?

Clayburn

My friends and I are getting back into the game and are going to start up a guild. We're hoping instead of starting from scratch, we could take over an existing guild. Also, happy to take any donations you'd have to get the new group up and running! When we played before, we often gave out prizes to noobs during weekly trivia nights and things.

Anyway, I'm on Star Forge. Please contact me there (Clayburn) if you can help.

I tried asking on fleet, but people just seem to get angry at the notion someone might give us something for free. So I thought I'd post here and maybe someone might come across this thread and lend a hand.

Tbh, I am not surprised. It's not in the nature of humans to give something free of charge easily. Even if we have no use for it anymore people expect something to get in return for it. Which frankly, is understandable. You're asking someone, who worked hard on building it up (perhaps even years), to just give the guild to you for free. Even if they have no use for it, they might have sentimental value towards the guild. And frankly, humans have decided that sentimental value is worth something as well and therefore worth compensating. You offering something in return is not required, but it would be a courtesy and definitely interest more people.

I am not saying what you did was arrogant, but by asking people to hand stuff (a guild in this case) over to you for nothing in return signifies you possess a level of self-confidence I definitely wouldn't even dream of possessing!

Not to mention that up until recently the basic guild ship cost 50 million and the pieces to unlock additional rooms required conquest completion, so it's something that would have cost a lot of time and effort. It's not unusual to think that players wouldn't want to fork that over to a complete stranger for free.

I've heard people here talk about "guilds of one" or populating a guild with their alts. I have no idea how one would go about that but it might be an idea, especially since the guild ships are now far less money to buy.

I've heard people here talk about "guilds of one" or populating a guild with their alts. I have no idea how one would go about that but it might be an idea, especially since the guild ships are now far less money to buy.

I've done it. Needed one other person to invite my alts, otherwise it was quite simple. Took some time to figure out how to access donated decos though.

Can you buy a guild ship with a 'guild of one?' Now that the price has been knocked down it might be something to do.

If there are enough alts in your guild you actually can do that. The person I had bought a guild from Impside had obtained one that way, the only thing being that nothing was unlocked.

I would say the OP is better off creating a guild themselves, especially if they already have a group of people who want to create one. That's going to be much, much easier and cheaper than buying a guild. Because trust me, no one is going to give you one for free.

Because trust me, no one is going to give you one for free.

I have picked up free guilds more than once.

It's just timing when someone is trying to get out of a guild that has died and are the only one left in it, or everyone left to join other guilds leaving it to one last person that needs to give ownership to someone so they can exit the guild.

Thing is you get a guild that usually has a terrible name, although the last guild I got for free was kind of funny, it's name was <Dunder Mifflin Paper Co.>. I got this guild for free, and didn't realize it was the name of the company on The Office, not until a pal explained it to me when he seen the guild tag on my character. :D

Edited by Lhancelot

I have picked up free guilds more than once.

It's just timing when someone is trying to get out of a guild that has died and are the only one left in it, or everyone left to join other guilds leaving it to one last person that needs to give ownership to someone so they can exit the guild.

Thing is you get a guild that usually has a terrible name, although the last guild I got for free was kind of funny, it's name was <Dunder Mifflin Paper Co.>. I got this guild for free, and didn't realize it was the name of the company on The Office, not until a pal explained it to me when he seen the guild tag on my character. :D

Huh, I hadn't known. I'd wish I could find a guild for free, I have obtained some for a fairly low price (35 mil being relatively cheap for a guild with a flagship), but never one for free.

Someone once was ragequitting the game but made an annoucement on Coruscant which no one took seriously "gonna destroy my guild unless someone wants it".

I pmd him and sure enough he gave it to me ! Complete with FS and all :eek:

He even waited 3 minutes for me to quickly create a new level 1. And then he ragequit. Ugly guild name though.

On the other hand that's something I would never do. I worked too ludicrously hard on my 2 other flagships to give them away, just like that.

Edited by BenduKundalini

Can you buy a guild ship with a 'guild of one?' Now that the price has been knocked down it might be something to do.

Yes, I did that last month. It makes for a nice, extra SH, even though it's a bit of a pain to collect decos for. I had assumed the GM could use his own cache of decos for it, but it all has to be 'donated' through the guild bank. I had wondered why people were willing to pay 100k apiece for a mailbox and legacy storage when you get that stuff for free from the intro SH mission. Now I know. Also unlike regular SHs the opening cinematic doesn't go away.

The guild is somewhat difficult to operate atm. It's imp side and I have a bunch of my imp chars in there already. Unfortunately there's about eight imps unaccounted for, because they're in other guilds. I can't add them unless I drop those guilds, which I'd rather not do, and invite someone to the guild to do it, and if I make more imp toons I'll have to do that every time.

I doubt I'll bother with all that, tbh. I only bought it as a novelty. As far as endgame content is concerned, it's much more rewarding imo to play with an [active] guild.

Edited by Ardrossan