New Update

Trooperclay

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's months away.

NOT FOR THOSE THAT GET EARLY ACCESS.

As far as excitement. Someone made a good point, most likely it will be a door we all share and when u warp in then and only then it will be your home ( other words another map just for u.) Doubt it be like with SWG housing where the players had their own individual buildings, they call home......

Am I the only one excited for Galactic Strongholds?

I don't see too many people around here that seem that way, even though I see a lot of people asking for Player Housing and Guild Flagships...

Sadly, it's not the biggest need of this game atm. I'm thrilled they're adding it, but with the dry spell of content we've suffered through since GSF was launched 3 updates in a row, I think the timing couldn't be worse. Add to that the fact that housing will also be spread out over 3 updates and it's no shock there are less and less players.

Housing could be great...but it wasn't worth adding at the expense of improving the things people DID play for (Ops, FPs, WZs).

Sadly, it's not the biggest need of this game atm. I'm thrilled they're adding it, but with the dry spell of content we've suffered through since GSF was launched 3 updates in a row, I think the timing couldn't be worse. Add to that the fact that housing will also be spread out over 3 updates and it's no shock there are less and less players.

Housing could be great...but it wasn't worth adding at the expense of improving the things people DID play for (Ops, FPs, WZs).

Yeah, complete dearth of content. It's not like 2 new flashpoints and a new Huttball and a new GSF map just hit the game or anything. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Think I forgot a NiM operation or something, too?

Edited by DarthTHC

There was a lot of noise about it when it was first announced, heck there was a lot of noise about it when we got the teaser trailer alone. But that's no longer the hot topic of the moment. Most announcements and even content patches tend to generate a few days of heated discussion before dying down. Heck, 2.7 was a week ago, and we don't have any discussion about it in general discussion, despite Hutt ball being a very polarizing topic amongst pvp fans, and tactical flashpoints being very polarizing amongst PvE fans. The forums doesn't seem to really get long termed actively hyped for anything, except for the SSSP. That might have to do with the secrecy though.

Yeah, complete dearth of content. It's not like 2 new flashpoints and a new Huttball and a new GSF map just hit the game or anything. :rolleyes:

EDIT: Think I forgot a NiM operation or something, too?

LOL! Yeah, mega content huh? 2.7 was sure the ESO killer eh? Come on...the only thing even remotely good of those is the 2 new FPs, but even they aren't challenging. Go convince someone else Darth...I'm not as gullible as you seem to think.

LOL! Yeah, mega content huh? 2.7 was sure the ESO killer eh? Come on...the only thing even remotely good of those is the 2 new FPs, but even they aren't challenging. Go convince someone else Darth...I'm not as gullible as you seem to think.

Hey, I'm not saying we got a whole game.

Just pointing out the inaccuracy in your post, which is becoming a habit of mine recently. I mean, I've consistently responded to inaccuracy but it's new, and disappointing, to see such blatant inaccuracy coming from you.

If every patch were the size of 2.7

We'd see 6 new GSF maps a year

6 new warzones a year

12 new flashpoints a year

2 full operations a year(6 modes, 3 modes per operation, becomes 2 operations/year)

For the most part, that'd be quite a bit faster than normal, and TOR's update pace is already decent.

As for ESO, it seems to be doing a good enough job of killing itself. Hopefully in 6 months they'll have sorted out their issues so PvE group content becomes not a terrible experience.

NOT FOR THOSE THAT GET EARLY ACCESS.

As far as excitement. Someone made a good point, most likely it will be a door we all share and when u warp in then and only then it will be your home ( other words another map just for u.) Doubt it be like with SWG housing where the players had their own individual buildings, they call home......

Early access (for the housing, not the entire update) is over 2 months away. Actual release is over 4 months away.

It's miles off yet.

Hey, I'm not saying we got a whole game.

Just pointing out the inaccuracy in your post, which is becoming a habit of mine recently. I mean, I've consistently responded to inaccuracy but it's new, and disappointing, to see such blatant inaccuracy coming from you.

It was not inaccurate...whether I disappoint you or not is of no concern to me. I stated that it wasn't worth adding GSF or housing at the expense of the things players DID play for...like FPs, OPs and WZs...that's my opinion. You may have a differing opinion, but that doesn't make mine inaccurate.

It's my belief that both Housing and GSF should NOT have been included in the "normal" update schedule - a schedule that was doing exceptionally well at the end of 2013 with releasing Ops, FPs and daily areas...you know, the kinda content we were actually satisfied with and players were playing for...instead, they ignored what was keeping players here for things that weren't. I'm pleased they're expanding the game, but with a dwindling player base, how much thinner can they make the pool of players while still keeping players happy?

The way they've drew out GSF over 3 Updates was comical...they're going to do the same with housing and it'll have the same impact...a negative one I fear.

If every patch were the size of 2.7

We'd see 6 new GSF maps a year

6 new warzones a year

12 new flashpoints a year

2 full operations a year(6 modes, 3 modes per operation, becomes 2 operations/year)

For the most part, that'd be quite a bit faster than normal, and TOR's update pace is already decent.

As for ESO, it seems to be doing a good enough job of killing itself. Hopefully in 6 months they'll have sorted out their issues so PvE group content becomes not a terrible experience.

Don't worry, few patches are the size of 2.7...like I said above, GSF was spread out over 3, housing will be too...that's nearly an entire year in those 2 releases alone.

It was not inaccurate...whether I disappoint you or not is of no concern to me. I stated that it wasn't worth adding GSF or housing at the expense of the things players DID play for...like FPs, OPs and WZs...that's my opinion. You may have a differing opinion, but that doesn't make mine inaccurate.

It's my belief that both Housing and GSF should NOT have been included in the "normal" update schedule - a schedule that was doing exceptionally well at the end of 2013 with releasing Ops, FPs and daily areas...you know, the kinda content we were actually satisfied with and players were playing for...instead, they ignored what was keeping players here for things that weren't. I'm pleased they're expanding the game, but with a dwindling player base, how much thinner can they make the pool of players while still keeping players happy?

The way they've drew out GSF over 3 Updates was comical...they're going to do the same with housing and it'll have the same impact...a negative one I fear.

What DarthTHC was criticizing as inaccurate was your statement that 2.8 is coming after a long dearth of content. Well no, 2.7 is probably the largest non-expansion content patch we've had since 1.2. So 2.8 is in fact coming after a fairly chunky piece of content.

I'm likewise of the line of thought that player housing won't add much to the game, but I'm actually optimistic regarding their provision of content during its content cycle. In order to finish the arc in time for 3.0, there'll need to at least 2 PvE content patches in between now and the October-December launch of 3.0, and we've only actually got 2-3 patches in that timeframe. So it would seem that we will be seeing traditional content delivered alongside 2.8, or shortly thereafter.

Edited by Vandicus

Don't worry, few patches are the size of 2.7...like I said above, GSF was spread out over 3, housing will be too...that's nearly an entire year in those 2 releases alone.

I'm not sure what I'd be worried about? Its a shame that there aren't more patches the size of 2.7. I'm not worried that TOR will cause significant damage to ESO, and I don't think it would even with a much stronger update cycle. ESO is a very different game from TOR. If you mean not to be worried about ESO, well unfortunately there are a lot of deficiencies in the launch product, even after the 1-year delay. I can't exactly say that I'm not disappointed with how it is currently, but most of the issues do not appear to be a disconnect between the core game philosophy and my preferences, so I'm hopeful most of those will get sorted in the first 6 months to a year, much like many serious issues in TOR were sorted.

Three updates? I thought it was just 2.5 and 2.6? Preferred players got access in between, but that wasn't a separate content update and it didn't bump the update schedule.

Strongholds is scheduled to be the same: Early Access in 2.8 and Full Release in 2.9.

You stated that housing was coming out after no content since GSF.

...but with the dry spell of content we've suffered through since GSF was launched....

Did you completely forget that 2.7 dropped all the things I mentioned just 6 days ago?

What is up with you?

Edited by DarthTHC

I'm interested in seeing what strongholds are like, though I have a feeling that for non-RPers the coolness will wear off quickly if there is no added utility.

We heard from the Boston player thing that they'll have their own chat channel (presumably shared amongst all who are in strongholds) and will have a way for you to display trophies from your adventures. They said they want them to be a way to socialize and show off what you've done.

Bits and pieces of information trickling in.

I am very excited and I'm sure there are tons are to. Don't pay attention to the negative posts that are angry about player housing. I can't wait for it. Nar Shaddaa is my favorite planet in all of Star Wars and for us to get early access with a place given to us on Nar Shaddaa by being a subscriber? It's a dream come true for me. I already "live' on Nar Shaddaa in some places that I pretend are my house. Now, I don't have to pretend! Coruscant, Drommund Kaas, Nar Shaddaa are only the beginning of more places being added later. I can't wait!

You stated that housing was coming out after no content since GSF.

Did you completely forget that 2.7 dropped all the things I mentioned just 6 days ago?

What is up with you?

The dry spell I'm speaking of is since last November - not inclusive of 2.7, which you appear to be quite giddy about. I'm not denying 2.7 had some content, but I also don't feel any of the content in 2.7 was anything that would make any player stay or return to the game.

We heard from the Boston player thing that they'll have their own chat channel

Which is an already disastrous mistake imo. Nothing like splitting the remaining community up more and more and more...what a foolish choice.

... but I also don't feel any of the content in 2.7 was anything that would make any player stay or return to the game.

Should every patch/update contain something that 'would make any player return to the game'? I don't think that's a requirement. Besides, that's what the Galactic Strgonhold expansion is for! I've already seen many comments about people returning to the game for that.