Some Stronghold/Deco Ideas

BobaBootyHunter

Thought I'd list a few Strongholds ideas that I'd love to see:

Random:

• Expand the number of Strongholds we are allowed to have
  • To have bathroom-themed decorations (like, bath/shower decos, toilet, sinks, bathroom stuff lol)
  • To be able to turn an outfit (from an outflit slot) into a deco and being able to display outfits of your choice
  • Following up the idea above, maybe being able to make your character into a deco as well (or a holo)
  • To have an "under construction" sign type of deco
  • To have the "gazebo" deco available (or a new deco that's similar)
  • To have quick travel points in the bigger Strongholds (like Rishi) to use your quick travel ability on

As for Strongholds?

Oricon/Dread Fortress/Dread Palace-themed:

Lots of lava and bridges and cracked floors/walls and that corridor area in DP (minus the trash mobs, of course).

As for the rooms, going through portals would be a pretty wicked to get to the rooms.

The rooms themselves could be smaller versions of the boss rooms from DF/DP?

Calphayus' area would look great as a garden with those creeping plants, perhaps.

Brontes' area would make a pretty cool place for a Starship hook (having no roof in there so it's open-air and going through portal to get back into the Stronghold).

Maybe little corridors leading to other rooms as well?

Ilum/Asation/Gray Secant-themed:

These places are gorgeous and it would be nice to have an icy Stronghold.

Hoth is pretty but it's very bright. I like the aesthetic and lighting of Ilum the best.

To be able to get to different rooms by going through portals (like the ones in Terror from Beyond).

The rooms themselves could be themed after the rooms in The Gray Secant (with the bridges, too).

Perhaps 2 floors, and having stairs leading up to the 2nd floor.

The entrance/exit to the Stronghold could be through a massive portal?

For the outside area, could have glaciers and ice and maybe a section with a half-frozen lake (not a poisonous lake, though).

Other Stronghold locations?:

• A farmhouse on Ossus or Dantooine (we have so many awesome farm-themed decos)
  • An apartment on Mek-sha, Onderon or a Zakuul Stronghold
  • Be able to decorate our personal ships (or areas of it).
  • An apartment on a starter planet
  • Be able to decorate a "bedroom" area in our Odessen base.
  • Have a little apartment on Fleet. (I've seen this one mentioned a few times and I think it's a pretty cool idea to have a cosy "stopover" apartment in space)

Anyway, I am very excited for Alderaan Stronghold!

:ph_thank_you:

To have bathroom-themed decorations (like, bath/shower decos, toilet, sinks, bathroom stuff lol)

To be able to turn an outfit (from an outflit slot) into a deco and being able to display outfits of your choice

To have an "under construction" sign type of deco.

I like the idea of bathroom fixtures, but maybe, given the technology and general aesthetic of the SW galaxy, perhaps some sort of "refresher" unit would suffice.

It would be great to be able to place companions (and your characters) with the outfits they are wearing.

Edit: I'm suddenly not sure about this. When you place a companion in your stronghold, it does show with the outfit you put on it, but I think that when other people visit your stronghold they see the companions with either their default outfit, or the visitor's outfit. This can sometimes ruin the aesthetic. I need to visit some other people's Strongholds to properly observe this.

(For example, if you place a companion in the Spa deco barefoot and wearing shorts, it looks kind of odd if the other people see a different outfit.)

But most of all, I particularly like the idea of an under construction deco. Just a sawhorse with yellow and black stripes and an "Under Construction" sign would be enough. (preferably usable on small, narrow and medium hooks).

Edited by JediQuaker

[*]Expand the number of Strongholds we are allowed to have

I thought the number was expanded to about ten or twelve when the Rishi stronghold came out in anticipation of new strongholds? Even with the coming Alderaan Estate, that would still only be a total of nine, wouldn't it?

[*]To have bathroom-themed decorations (like, bath/shower decos, toilet, sinks, bathroom stuff lol)

Mirrors, maybe not actually truly reflective, but freestanding or wall-mounted mirrors would be an interesting decoration to add...

[*]To have the "gazebo" deco available (or a new deco that's similar)

There's a 'Makeb Pergola' that can be found on the GTN sometimes, but I wouldn't mind having a gazebo as well. The pergola has vegetation and such on it, but a gazebo could be left plain enough to work even somewhere like Dromund Kaas or Tatooine...

[*]Be able to decorate our personal ships (or areas of it).

Yes. At the very least, be able to remove Empire/Republic iconography, either completely or replacing it with Alliance. It just doesn't fit to have a Light Side Sith Warrior, Commander of the Alliance, sided with the Republic on Iokath, Ossus and onward... flying around in a ship with Imperial banners hanging all over it, even if it is/was an Imperial Fury Interceptor...

It would be great to be able to place companions (and your characters) with the outfits they are wearing.

Edit: I'm suddenly not sure about this. When you place a companion in your stronghold, it does show with the outfit you put on it, but I think that when other people visit your stronghold they see the companions with either their default outfit, or the visitor's outfit. This can sometimes ruin the aesthetic. I need to visit some other people's Strongholds to properly observe this.

(For example, if you place a companion in the Spa deco barefoot and wearing shorts, it looks kind of odd if the other people see a different outfit.)

I LOVE this idea! Another thing is sometimes companions turn up as "holos" (because the character viewing/seeing Stronghold doesn't have those companions yet, I think) and I think better if companions weren't holos. If they showed up like a normal NPC - and preferably with the outfit worn by what character had placed companion on there would be very aesthetic-pleasing, too!

The refresher idea because I'm thinking - these are homes for your characters, but where do they go potty or to clean themselves up? We've got Luxury Spa and hot tub/bathtub decos but they're for lounging. It would be nice to be able to decorate a room and to be able to add mirrors as well as turbomagnus mentioned as well:

Mirrors, maybe not actually truly reflective, but freestanding or wall-mounted mirrors would be an interesting decoration to add...

It would go so well, methinks!

I thought the number was expanded to about ten or twelve when the Rishi stronghold came out in anticipation of new strongholds? Even with the coming Alderaan Estate, that would still only be a total of nine, wouldn't it?

Ahh, I wasn't aware of that. Oops. I think I'll elaborate that it would be nice to have multiple Strongholds of your choice - especially as we're allowed to have more Strongholds. I started playing this game late, so I missed out on the duplicate Strongholds (like, some people have several DKs from the merge) so that would be a nice option to have.

Yes. At the very least, be able to remove Empire/Republic iconography, either completely or replacing it with Alliance. It just doesn't fit to have a Light Side Sith Warrior, Commander of the Alliance, sided with the Republic on Iokath, Ossus and onward... flying around in a ship with Imperial banners hanging all over it, even if it is/was an Imperial Fury Interceptor...

YES. I second this! If we are unable to decorate our ships or parts of it, to have the option to change/remove the Republic/Empire iconography would be very suited alone! I have also a LS Sith Warrior who had sided with the Republic - and it's pretty weird for him to be inside his personal ship and be surrounded by a faction that he did not side with. I would think, if I were that character, I'd change up things in my ship and make it more neutral/Alliance/faction I've sided with.

• 3 weeks later...

With the upcoming Alde SH I would like to see access to more faction specific decorations like:

On the CM as an individual sale-

Jedi Library ***

Jedi War Table

Statue of the Serene Pilgrim

Temple Chandelier

Temple Sconce

Meditation Chamber

Jedi Small Council Table

Temple Chair (Ornate)

Holocron of Despair

Shackled Crystal Sconce

Small Statue of Ancient Horror

NEW decorations mirrored from above for opposite faction-

Sith Library (red and/or green)

Sith War Table (it would be tops if it used the new Imperial Hand logo to put 5 chairs at each point)

Holocron Data Node (Sith/Red/Green version)

Planetary Holo Map (Sith/Red/Green version)

Temple Sconce (Sith/Red version)

Meditation Chamber (Sith/Red version)

Holocron of Despair (green version)

Small Statue of Ancient Horror (red version)

List is incomplete but you get the idea... Some of these would really not be that hard to just alter the coloration to. We know how much BW likes to re-skin attire. Why not decos!?

Edited by TyrFoge