Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

cashogy
12.08.2012 , 06:25 PM | #461
ive hit 800k only a couple of times. the people who claim they do it regularly are full of it. reaching damage numbers like that depends far more on the opposing teams composition than your own abilities.

i will typically have 300-400k damage in an average game. if youre doing that, youre doing fine
Da'ny - Attomm - Dan'y - Fogel
The Original Stormborn Commando Representative
The King of Bads

Akomo
12.08.2012 , 07:16 PM | #462
From a commando's perspective Bioware, think long and hard about this issue and folks on this thread.I for one DO NOT favor a change.Previous companies have gone this route before.Any tinkering to current commando builds WILL make us over powered.We arent OP right now and thats the way this commando likes it.

Many are speaking from the perspective of beating someone one on one in pvp.They dont understand the class or what it is meant to do.I knew from the beginning its a support class meant to be played with friends and it suites that role extremely well.

I cannot comment on Mercs yet but that will be my next project 6 months from now.Id simply advise to play the commando as it is currently.Internal testing or on live servers to actually get a good grip on how it is being played.

As one year approaches , i have no real sour grapes about this game.Any issues i do have ,your tech support hears about it, where those issues belong.Keep at it Bioware and strive to be one of the better gaming companies in an increasingly crowded field.
Super Muppet Extraordinaire!

cashogy
12.08.2012 , 08:13 PM | #463
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
From a commando's perspective Bioware, think long and hard about this issue and folks on this thread.I for one DO NOT favor a change.Previous companies have gone this route before.Any tinkering to current commando builds WILL make us over powered.We arent OP right now and thats the way this commando likes it.

Many are speaking from the perspective of beating someone one on one in pvp.They dont understand the class or what it is meant to do.I knew from the beginning its a support class meant to be played with friends and it suites that role extremely well.

I cannot comment on Mercs yet but that will be my next project 6 months from now.Id simply advise to play the commando as it is currently.Internal testing or on live servers to actually get a good grip on how it is being played.

As one year approaches , i have no real sour grapes about this game.Any issues i do have ,your tech support hears about it, where those issues belong.Keep at it Bioware and strive to be one of the better gaming companies in an increasingly crowded field.
lolwut

no crap we arent overpowered. we are the MOST UNDERPOWERED class in the game.

as much as i enjoy beating bad maras on my gimped class, i would like to be able to compete in endgame pvp without having to re-roll a whole new toon.

Merc/Commando is a support class? WHAT? do we have any group buffs? we have heals, and our healing spec is semi-viable. but a DPS spec as SUPPORT? whatever youre smoking, pass it down man!

The majority of people in this thread are talking about GROUP PERFORMANCE. which is where all of Merc/Commando weaknesses are able to be excessively exploited.

Mercs = Commandos. if you've played one, youve played the other. theyre mirrored.

i like how you say we all don't understand how the class. look in the mirror pal

inb4 im banned for being mean or something ridiculous
The King of Bads

Bluntron
12.08.2012 , 09:18 PM | #464
The only warzone that implies "roles" I would assume is Huttball, If that is the case than merc/mando arsenal/gunnery (snipers do a better job) hold down mid, while pyrotech/assualt do a swap offensive hold mid, defensive keep the BC slowed and burn them.

I guess in Voidstar, its to keep players slowed in the tunnels between doors and nodes. Otherwise nuke as usual.

Any other wz its nuke as usual, with the exception of Civil war, you go out and slow/cc (as pyro/assault) during the cap process.

if I am wrong then....well crap. I suck.

Pretty much the only role and support we offer.

Bluntron
12.08.2012 , 09:22 PM | #465
I have a question though that I am curious about, what augments are you guys using?

Aim/Endurance, Expertise/Power, or Endurance/Power?

Right now I have 1390 expertise, I feel like I need to get as MUCH as possible to reduce the damage done to me despite the lack of damage increase.

Pretty much just reading up some websites about pyrotech merc. So I was just wondering.

Macroeconomics
12.08.2012 , 09:35 PM | #466
Quote: Originally Posted by Akomo View Post
From a commando's perspective Bioware, think long and hard about this issue and folks on this thread.I for one DO NOT favor a change.Previous companies have gone this route before.Any tinkering to current commando builds WILL make us over powered.We arent OP right now and thats the way this commando likes it...I cannot comment on Mercs yet but that will be my next project
Yeah, right. Approach the top ranked team on your server and ask if you can join them with your Commando dps. They will laugh you out of the room.

As for Merc, it is basically the same as Commando. Slightly worse because they are saddled with a low accuracy offhand weapon, while the Commando can go straight to stacking Power.

General_Aldo
12.08.2012 , 09:46 PM | #467
Quote: Originally Posted by Bluntron View Post
I have a question though that I am curious about, what augments are you guys using?

Right now I have 1390 expertise, I feel like I need to get as MUCH as possible to reduce the damage done to me despite the lack of damage increase.

Pretty much just reading up some websites about pyrotech merc. So I was just wondering.
For a DPS, 1200 expertise is around you want. Then go for main stat for augs. And for gear itemization, power/surge

cashogy
12.08.2012 , 09:48 PM | #468

i use Reflex (i think thats what theyre called) augments, for +Aim and +End.

I prefer Aim over crit or power exclusively, as Aim adds to both at only a slightly decreased rate than the individual stats themselves
The King of Bads

Bluntron
12.08.2012 , 10:12 PM | #469
Quote: Originally Posted by General_Aldo View Post
For a DPS, 1200 expertise is around you want. Then go for main stat for augs. And for gear itemization, power/surge
Yes I get that, but Im looking at my survival, I can do more dps the longer I am live

I know that going over 1200 expertise diminishes your damage done from expertise but the damage taken still gets reduced the more expertise you have.....and since I am squishier than a wet sock, I feel like I need as much expertise as possible.
Right now i have 20% damage reduced in pvp.

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/boun...enary/pyrotech
this is the site I was looking at. Which is why I was asking. Kind of curious about the spec this guy uses too.

cashogy
12.08.2012 , 10:44 PM | #470
Yes I get that, but Im looking at my survival, I can do more dps the longer I am live

I know that going over 1200 expertise diminishes your damage done from expertise but the damage taken still gets reduced the more expertise you have.....and since I am squishier than a wet sock, I feel like I need as much expertise as possible.
Right now i have 20% damage reduced in pvp.

http://www.noxxic.com/swtor/pvp/boun...enary/pyrotech
this is the site I was looking at. Which is why I was asking. Kind of curious about the spec this guy uses too.
the damage taken/damage reduced from Expertise cancel out. even tho they are not the same numbers, b/c of the way damage is calculated they are equal.
The King of Bads