[Guide] The Sith Assassin's Codex

AstralFire

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do none of these builds use Insulate? At least for someone at lower level where we're not using Discharge all the time? Seems like a good low cost boost to survivability with little downside (Lightening Charge (sp?) doesn't seem that useful to my level 12).

Nevermind that part about not using Discharge, I thought using would use up the Lightening Charge (and thus the Insulate benefit). Playing just now I see that Lightening Charge always stays up.

So we're sure CRIT>POWER for Deception PVE ?

Power just seems so damn good

Crit > Surge > Power or is power better than Surge? Which enhancement do we use then? I'm almost thinking the Reflective Enhancement is best even though it has sheild on it. It has power and crit as well, only one I've seen with 4 stats. Unless I missed a Crit and Surge one, or if Accuracy is important in PVE, this guide makes it sound like it isn't, unlike WoW where hit rating was a must.

After a few levels in Madness instead of Deception the spec and rotation is clearer so I thought I'd share my observations in case others have similar questions to mine.

I'd call the playstyle more of a, "proc priority," than a rotation. I find myself using force abilities to proc Exploitive Strikes, then melee abilities to proc Raze. This is where Force Lightning comes in, by the end of it Exploitive Strikes is almost always up.

As for Duplicity vs 2 points Dark Embrace, 3 points Electric Execution: I'm guessing for endgame where you're running with a tank the main target will always be turned towards the tank, so you'll have the opportunities to Maul. Considering you almost always have Exploitive Strikes up it's going to crit a lot so its damage probably outweights the extra 3% from Dark Embrace. Can someone who has played the spec in the guide compare these two builds? Do you find yourself out of Force to the point where you'd want to start the fight with essentially a free Death Field as well as an on-demand Force refill via Force Cloak?

Im really liking my 27/12/2 set up, i have tried darkness/madness and deception builds and find this to be my fav. Its a pvp build not sure how it would do in pve

It works something like this....

charge = dark charge (lightning for burning)

dark ward when low (every cd)

basic rotation

is shock>discharge>thrash

specific rotations

electrocute when exploit weakness comes up and maul..... (you will most probably have induction as well by this time)

when harvest darkness has stacked 3 times hit reckless>forced lightning>shock (the first reckless will be used on lightning the 2nd on the will give the 50% bonus crit if energize is activated) ive had lightning tick for 1300 and only have 2 pieces of pvp gear

burn time

If its time to burn and they are close to death i put in these 2 moves before a specific rotation

lightning charge>overcharge sabre.... this will do 100% extra damage on an all ready good dps rotation

i all so use the crit trinket alot before specific rotations and defiantly before burning.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200rIbckbskbZhRrMZb.1

I know this way involves watching whats buffs you are getting and can be a pain but the dps is good so i spent as many points as i could in staying alive. I did try with spending points in madness to get chain shock but it didnt give as much dps as the maul.

Edited by lethal_ghost

In terms of gearing...

The first page mentions:

"As with all Inquisitors, Willpower is your primary stat, and you use both physical and Force abilities, so you would rather take the Power statistic rather than Force Power. You do not need Alacrity as none of your abilities of note have cast-times. Critical Strike Rating is your single most important statistic, as your critical hits with Maul, Discharge and Shock do significantly more than the base +50%. While Surge Rating is also nice, you flat-out crave critical strike more than anything else until diminishing returns kicks in hard, because you have no method of ensuring critical strikes to keep Exploitive Strikes up aside from Force Potency.

Surge Rating is still valuable as well, because the built-in diminishing returns on Surge do not account for your flat bonuses to critical from your specialized skills. You can easily sport another +20% critical strike damage from gear."

Is there any math on how these skills equal each other?

For example, should I give up 10 willpower to obtain 20 critical? or should I give up only 5 WP to obtain 20 critical?

At which point can we give up WP for Critical Strike Rating is reasonable, and vice versa?

I just want to point out this guide is being ripped off over at

http://buytheoldrepublicguide.com/swtor-sith-inquisitor-darkness-guide/

and using it to flog their product. i found while searching for Assassin armour pics.

Edit: Actually i didnt really want to link the site but i want you to see what i mean.

Edited by Mastodonic

Great guide. I have only one question though and I apologize if it's been answered and I missed it somewhere in the 12 pages. I'm using the 2/31/8 build and am wondering about mods. Do you want force or resolve or try to balance a mixture?

In terms of gearing...

The first page mentions:

"As with all Inquisitors, Willpower is your primary stat, and you use both physical and Force abilities, so you would rather take the Power statistic rather than Force Power. You do not need Alacrity as none of your abilities of note have cast-times. Critical Strike Rating is your single most important statistic, as your critical hits with Maul, Discharge and Shock do significantly more than the base +50%. While Surge Rating is also nice, you flat-out crave critical strike more than anything else until diminishing returns kicks in hard, because you have no method of ensuring critical strikes to keep Exploitive Strikes up aside from Force Potency.

Surge Rating is still valuable as well, because the built-in diminishing returns on Surge do not account for your flat bonuses to critical from your specialized skills. You can easily sport another +20% critical strike damage from gear."

Is there any math on how these skills equal each other?

For example, should I give up 10 willpower to obtain 20 critical? or should I give up only 5 WP to obtain 20 critical?

At which point can we give up WP for Critical Strike Rating is reasonable, and vice versa?

Nope. Lack of combat log and inaccurate/incomplete knowledge of the skill damage formulas and how much we use them per fight means we can't even begin to speculate!

I'm a bit confused on how to keep stat ratios, is there a way to "reforge" in this game? I haven't seen yet, I just hit 50 today.

You can tailor your mods and enhancements. For instance, I just grabbed a 2nd set of champ gloves only for the crit/surge mod which I pulled out and put into the robe which had power (or something like that, forgot exactly.)

Doing this is expensive, as it cost ~26k to pull the mod out, but I didn't bother pulling out the one I replaced, as I would never use it in anything else.

Love this guide it is a great source of info when deciding which sith character to choose. Any chance you could put one of these up for a Jedi Guardian as we really don't have anything to go by in that section of the froums, just a bunch of messy posts that repeat everyday by different new comers. Great job on this and the others I have read. Edited by M_o_s_e_s

From a pvp survivability standpoint using deception, since Duplicity can only proc once every 10 seconds wouldnt it be worth it to spend only one or two points there and put the extra remaining points in Insulation? Since most abilities hit more then once there is a pretty good chance u'll still be able to utilize the duplicity maul every 10 seconds with only a 10% chance on hit. Picking up the extra armor seems like a good damage reducer.

Also, why not pick up Lightning Recovery to reduce kiting and get more force shrouds in.

The build i like for PvP is this: http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200McMZrGrRkhrbtz.1

I feel it gives better survivability.

Thoughts?