People leaving wz is now out of control.

Jargonaut

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yer know. People leave warzones and replacements load-in now... So what's the big deal. I'd rather have fresh meat than a half-attentive player sticking it out only because he wants to avoid the penalty...
Their attitudes will change, don't worry.

When they are no longer able to cherry pick their matches for winners, they'll actually try. Don't let yourself be fooled into believing their nonsense that they will just grief people face-to-face by staying and doing nothing. The whole point of quitting out of a match is to leave under the pretense that nobody will really know who they are or remember later on.

Once they start deliberately staying and visibly griefing their team by doing nothing, everyone else will really see and remember who those folks are. Nobody wants to be remembered in-game as a bad, disruptive, and unsprotsmanlike player. It goes along with the same complex they have about themselves in believing they are better than everyone else, that's why they quit out of losing matches.

The very second you sign up for a warzone, you've commited yourself to the duration of the match regardless of the random warzone you end up in or the circumstances following. You should not be able to cherry pick your battles in the hopes that you will find circumstances that suit your own selfish needs. You should not get to endlessly quit and requeue in the hopes that you will be carried by a better team.

So many kids on this thread with entitlement complexes, you'd swear you were at an Occupy BioWare protest.

Edited by KungpowSalmon

When they are no longer able to cherry pick their matches for winners, they'll actually try. Don't let yourself be fooled into believing their nonsense that they will just grief people face-to-face by staying and doing nothing. The whole point of quitting out of a match is to leave under the pretense that nobody will really know who they are or remember later on.

Once they start deliberately staying and visibly griefing their team by doing nothing, everyone else will really see and remember who those folks are. Nobody wants to be remembered in-game as a bad, disruptive, and unsprotsmanlike player. It goes along with the same complex they have about themselves in believing they are better than everyone else, that's why they quit out of losing matches.

This here is just about everything I've wanted to say in this thread but better. Good post.

Pretty much all of the battlemasters on my server will leave a match if they know they're going to lose. Or if a game is a few minutes in with 8vs6 everyone just leaves because it's a guaranteed loss.

if you dislike them too, what are you going to do about it?

A) Harass them?

B) Not heal/protect them making it harder for your team to win?

I'm not sure why you assume people will suddenly try hard, especially when you act like all quitters are whiny crybabies. You're putting them into a bad position with little reward and expecting them to suddenly work harder. Most people go for the path of least resistance.

Edited by savionen

They aren't getting my money. They did, once, but not now. Some of us tried to give them a chance and fell hook line and sinker for multi month subs.
Ok then, so why are you here arguing?

You're unhappy with a product. You're not going to pay for it anymore. You're walking away from it. Yet, you're acting like you ate a cheeseburger from a brand new restaurant and you wanted to try it out. You didn't like it, and never plan to eat there ever again. And now you are picketing at the restaurant door to tell everyone else about the cheeseburger you didn't like and that you will never eat there again.

Yer know. People leave warzones and replacements load-in now... So what's the big deal. I'd rather have fresh meat than a half-attentive player sticking it out only because he wants to avoid the penalty...

Exactly, and that's what's going to happen. You'll have less leavers, but it will not solve the problem of participation, which is what people should be focusing on instead of punishment.

The very second you sign up for a warzone, you've commited yourself to the duration of the match regardless of the random warzone you end up in or the circumstances following. You should not be able to cherry pick your battles in the hopes that you will find circumstances that suit your own selfish needs. You should not get to endlessly quit and requeue in the hopes that you will be carried by a better team.

So many kids on this thread with entitlement complexes, you'd swear you were at an Occupy BioWare protest.

No you haven't. They wouldn't put a leave option in other wise.

Your suggestion is mute.

Ok then, so why are you here arguing?

You're unhappy with a product. You're not going to pay for it anymore. You're walking away from it. Yet, you're acting like you ate a cheeseburger from a brand new restaurant and you wanted to try it out. You didn't like it, and never plan to eat there ever again. And now you are picketing at the restaurant door to tell everyone else about the cheeseburger you didn't like and that you will never eat there again.

Yup and this is what free speech is used for.

Welcome to the west of society.

Pretty much all of the battlemasters on my server will leave a match if they know they're going to lose. Or if a game is a few minutes in with 8vs6 everyone just leaves because it's a guaranteed loss.

A) Harass them?

I'm not sure why you assume people will suddenly try hard, especially when you act like all quitters are whiny crybabies. You're putting them into a bad position with little reward and expecting them to suddenly work harder. Most people go for the path of least resistance.

-nods-

Threats of banishment form the community have no bearing, as many of the leavers run in groups anyways, and do not want to waste time playing in a match with team mates that are guaranteeing a loss. Any soloers out there that leave aren't going to suffer because the queuing mechanism will does not allow you to pick and choose who you group with.

A) Harass them?

Being Battlemaster doesn't mean that you are a good PVP'er, with great sportsmanship skills and non-disruptive.

Matter of fact, I'd wager at this point that most of the people you speak of are habitual quitters that have cherry picked for winning matches since the beginning. Valor rank means nothing. Skill speaks for itself.

It goes without saying that one of the fastest ways to BM is to cherry pick for winning warzone matches. So your point is totally moot.

Edited by Nangasaur

Well, really it's just like any other grouping mechanism. When players see the group they are in is totally worthless, they leave it. No need to stick it out and bang your head against the wall, and if forced to stay....that will not change their lack of desire to participate.

I've been getting disconnected alot in PVP. Don't know whats going on there. Could be happening to other people aswell.

Yes, unfortunately people that get disconnected will be casualties of war so to speak and treated as deserters. I think the thought process behind that is that there are not enough people that fall into this category to merit concern.

Yes, unfortunately people that get disconnected will be casualties of war so to speak and treated as deserters. I think the thought process behind that is that there are not enough people that fall into this category to merit concern.
...and not just the thought process, but I'm fairly certain that plenty of measurements have been taken to see just how many people are manually leaving a warzone via the button, or disconnects.

BW knows what they are doing.

You didn't answer my question, kid. I asked you why you expect me to put forth effort that you and other players like you refuse to put forth?

"Because you are wrong" is not an answer to that question. I didn't expect you to be able to stand your ground with that question because your position is a losing one. You're here to cry because someone isn't holding your hand, and you're selfish.

You've proven my point for me. Thanks.

Dude, are you for real, your question has a ridiculous assumption in it. You are assuming people arent putting in an effort, because that explains to your warped sense of reality why you are losing. The fact that you are losing is not because everyone else is bad.

Imagine if god played a cruel joke on the world and made two of you and they played eachother in a WZ. Never mind then the losing one would blame his teammates. Imagine god made 16 of you and they played a match. Then who do you blame for losing? Bioware?

Edited by richardya

indeed.

I've disconnected maybe 4-5 times since launch and once in a WZ. if you excuse everyone that disconnects that will be the next thing people will abuse. alt+f4 to close the program! remove the cable from your pc, ctrl+alt Del close program.

it happens very little.

If you DC so much then you shouldn't Qeue up and you should fix your pc problem or contact your isp.

...and not just the thought process, but I'm fairly certain that plenty of measurements have been taken to see just how many people are manually leaving a warzone via the button, or disconnects.

BW knows what they are doing.

-shrugs-

I don't blindly give BW credit for anything. It's their entire coding system that has put us in this situation to begin with.

Edited by Vydor_HC

indeed.

I've disconnected maybe 4-5 times since launch and once in a WZ. if you excuse everyone that disconnects that will be the next thing people will abuse. alt+f4 to close the program! remove the cable from your pc, ctrl+alt Del close program.

it happens very little.

If you DC so much then you shouldn't Qeue up and you should fix your pc problem or contact your isp.

I don't know, it's all random for me, and SWTOR is the only game I have trouble with. I disconnect probably 1 or 2 times per game playing session, unless I go to Ilum when there is a zerg then it's much more.

But I am not going to stop playing the game simply because I randomly disconnect or crash.

Dude, are you for real, your question has a ridiculous assumption in it. You are assuming people arent putting in an effort, because that explains to your warped sense of reality why you are losing. The fact that you are losing is not because everyone else is bad.

Imagine if god played a cruel joke on the world and made to of you and they played eachother in a WZ. Never mind then the losing one would blame his teammates. Imagine god made 16 of you and they played a match. Then who do you blame for losing? Bioware?

Who says I'm losing? My premades win about 95% of all games. As for the pugs, if more than 3 people are ignoring the objectives, I quit the game, I don't even waste my time. Therefore, I rarely ever lose.

Edited by Notannos
rude