Star Wars: The Old Republic Mobile Security Key for ANDROID

Spinxster

Can we expect an android version of the Star Wars: The Old Republic Mobile Security Key

or is this going to be an iPhone only app.

With a ever growing android community that currently represents 53% of smartphone in 2011 why was there only an apple app developed?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh. I decided to order the fob for 4 bones.

iPhone favoritism baffles me. iOS has a smaller install base than Android...but, whatevah. :rolleyes:

More like it's easier to develop for iOS in that developers know exactly what specs their users will have, rather than trying to account for the many, many different phones running android.

Just takes a bit longer is all ;)

More like it's easier to develop for iOS in that developers know exactly what specs their users will have, rather than trying to account for the many, many different phones running android.

for something that requires graphics or processing power, that may be an issue, for an authenticator it makes no sense. And android is easier to develop for.

Yes, Apple's draconian force grip hold on their hardware and software. Another reason I use 'Droid :csw_c3po:

Can we expect an android version of the Star Wars: The Old Republic Mobile Security Key

or is this going to be an iPhone only app.

With a ever growing android community that currently represents 53% of smartphone in 2011 why was there only an apple app developed?

I heard it was coming out the 2nd Tuesday of next week. Not confirmed though.

iPhone favoritism baffles me. iOS has a smaller install base than Android...but, whatevah. :rolleyes:

iOS runs on PMPs, Android doesn't. And Google with their OEMs have been slow to penetrate the slate/tablet market. I know folks running security keys like this one on their iPod Touch, while they still use a dumbphone. According to comScore, because of things like the iPod Touch and iPad, iOS still had a larger install base as of their release on Oct 10th, 2011.

http://www.slashgear.com/comscore-ios-still-ahead-of-android-in-total-user-base-thanks-to-ipads-10186635/

In the end it is all academic since it is VASCO's app with a TOR skin on it. I doubt Bioware did much work on it themselves other than disable parts of it. Although VASCO's app is available on Android.

Because the Apple store is better that the Android Market. Period.

And I'm not biased. I have an iPad 2 and an HTC Evo 3D phone. So I use both products. I can order stuff from the Apple store no problem. Never had an issue buying any apps at all. Android Market had recent sales where they were doing $.10 apps. They wouldn't accept my payment. I e-mailed their customer service and got a form letter response. I complained about that and it got escalated. They told me they were aware of the problem, as a lot of people were experiencing it, and they would get back to me. They never did.

This is definitely pushing me in the direction of the next gen iPhone when it comes out. Unless Ice Cream Sandwich is the bee's knees, I'm likely going that route.

Have the iPhone, have the authenticator .. followed setup, entered codes from website, authenticator is now showing codes. When I type the code in to finalize the process on the website that is being displayed, Website can't find the code is the response I get. I have tryied auto syncing the time. Are the mobile authenticators still not ready for use? I know the app just showed up today for download finally.