Taral V Final Boss

Tried this boss with 33 Guardian, 32 Guardian, 33 Gunslinger, 34 Sage. We got him down to 3% at one point. You basically need to just DPS the hell out of him. Ignore the robots and give him everything you can. The longer he lasts the more DPS he's going to dish out when hes enraged. We're going to give this another shot at a higher level. Died about 15 times to this guy. No fun.

Easily done once you have the strat.

Just kidding. We think he's REALLY bugged. Probably with the enrage timer.

For now tho... World first? lol! BIG Thanks to Rethen, Betomenov, and Vinotra. We tried... everything... to get him down.

http://songstorm.net/raids/edikar.jpg

and the achieve

http://songstorm.net/raids/edikar-chieve.jpg

We kited him several rooms away and just dps'd him down. Killed his droids after he died.

We killed him a few days ago without any kiting or ********.

Just required pushing our DPS as hard as it could go to kill the droids and get back on him.

This was with a group of 31's.

So the boss is essentially a DPS race? That makes sense, we got him down to about 10% once when he wiped us.

Think hes bugged though, his enrage timers were all over the place.

So the boss is essentially a DPS race? That makes sense, we got him down to about 10% once when he wiped us.

Think hes bugged though, his enrage timers were all over the place.

It's not exactly a dps race, it's about getting lucky and forcing him to "reload" (summons droids) before he enrages, that way you can burn him down without much worry.

An enrage timer would be really helpful here.

During the fight a random player will be targeted with a "curse" that has to be cleansed. Basically the player has to type out or say in TS that they have been targeted. Healer cleanses, back to boss. Easy actually

Just did this boss for the first time today, have to say it was pretty difficult.

We interrupted each of his abilities, down the droids in a timely manner, but he would still enrage and essentially make it so our Commando couldn't keep up with the healing.

Is the enrage bugged, or is there something we're missing?

Group has run this place a couple of times. The above posters are right, it's basically a dps race. At 75/50/25% he stops doing damage and summons the adds. From what we've seen, he always goes enrage (200% more dmg) at 50%. He stops damage each time he summons adds, so you need to just burst him down to the next add phase (25%) to taper off the damage.

We ran this again last night and decided at 50%, we just weren't going to kill the last add. We left it up and dps'd the boss. He didn't come out of his "no damage" mode until he was at 13%, never summoned the 25% wave, and died shortly thereafter. I know another poster said leaving the adds alive causes some other increased damage debuff, but we never noticed.

TL;DR: He is damageable during the add phase, so even if you kill all of the adds, switch at dps back to him early to assist transitioning to next 25% point faster (where he'll stop doing damage again to summon more adds).

Negator

We did the Flashpoint just now, breezed through everything, but had absolutely no chance at the final boss.

His fire grenade (or whatever that is he throws at a random player) does so much damage and our Sage couldn't dispel it.

We tried it multiple times but never got him down to more than 50%. Waaaay too difficult.:mad:

Edited by DerMef

Fought him and failed a couple times.

The question i have is: The Command Panel, does that only disable the 2 turrets? we were using it right away then as often as it became useable again.

Is that normal? Or does it do something beyond disabling the 2 turrets.

I was in a group that went through it last night. Couldn't down the last boss. Group was a level 35 tank with the rest of the group level 30 (one DPS was 29).

After the second wave of bots his fire-grenade thing was doing about 1/3 of someones HP per tick and I couldn't cleanse it fast enough.

I figured we just didn't have enough DPS in the group.

Just finished this boss after multiple wipes, Like it has been said before it is a DPS race.

We tried killing the adds first etc but we ended up wiping so we had him nuked down asap, ignoring the adds. We did kill the 2 turrets at the back first aswell.

He does enrage fast so just nuke him!

Edited by dazer

Fought him and failed a couple times.

The question i have is: The Command Panel, does that only disable the 2 turrets? we were using it right away then as often as it became useable again.

Is that normal? Or does it do something beyond disabling the 2 turrets.

Its a reward for completing a bonus quest and yeah it pretty much just knocks out the two turrets then is useless.

Just did it with a lvl 29 group going in.

We had everyone except me the tank stand up the walkway where you can go up in the room in front of the boss and then I pulled and ran right there to los him at the pillar.

Then we used aoe knock backs to push the droids off so they had to run up again while the rest of us continued to dps the boss, healer included.

It required tactics and coordinated interrupts.

Save shield wall abilities for enrage hits.

We were 2 shadows 1 sage 1 scoundrel.

Tried to do this boss, we got through everything even the bonus... but eventually we couldn't do the DPS for it, tried the tactics in here but even though we were the same level he would just rage at 50% and then kill us at 25% usually, no matter what we did or didn't do with the droids.

My team bailed and so I was left alone.

Here's what we did:

Use the experimental device to destroy 2/4 turrets before engaging boss. Then attack the boss with tank.

You should cleanse the thermal detonator as it deals 4k damage over time and can kill anyone in your group. This is a random attack.

At 75% hp he will summon droids. The tank can tank all of half of them. Just DPS them down and heal as normal.

After droids are down, dps him as normal.

At 50% he will summon droids again. Tank them again and kill them. Boss will enrage after droids are down, always after the 50% mark.

Dps the tank down to 25%. Make sure you keep the tank healed during DPS phase, just use some cooldowns as the DPS is around 2000 damage a hit but no one-shotting. Remember to cleanse (its helpful to have 2 healers for this fight or an off healer with cleanse/backup healing).

At 25% more droids come. You can tank the droids (always to pull them off of healers/dps) but more importantly you can either kill the boss or kill the droids. We DPS'd the boss down at this point.