Wingmaw on Tython??

DarthAmaru

It is the only thing left for me to complete the entire achievement list for Tython, so it is bugging the crap out of me! :)

Same here, last thing for me on typhon. I do not know where it is, but somebody here stated in the last couple of days that he found it and the achievement is doable on typhon (not taris). luckyly they removed that "terantatek"

Edited by mike_is_valid

You can get the Wingmaw entry by going to Balmorra and killing a Scavenging Wingmaw. The coordinates I found the mob (a group of 2 of them) were x: 273, y: 1800 (the area before Sundari Flatlands). And after driving all through the Sundari Flatlands and Gorinth Canyon, I believe that might be the only mob on the map.

Seeing as I did it only 5 minutes ago and I'm still standing in the same spot, pretty sure the information is reliable :p

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Wingmaw entry still not actually available on Tython?

No. It's available on Balmorra.

It happens for several Bestiary codex entries. For example - if memory serves me right - the Mantellian Flutterplume is supposedly on Ord Mantell, while the Kath Hound is on Illum. Both are obtained on Alderaan as far as I'm aware.

No. It's available on Balmorra.

It happens for several Bestiary codex entries. For example - if memory serves me right - the Mantellian Flutterplume is supposedly on Ord Mantell, while the Kath Hound is on Illum. Both are obtained on Alderaan as far as I'm aware.

Indeed. Got Ilum Beastmaster when killing a Kath hound on Alderaan near the dam, However, so far I have not been able to get the Flutterplume on any of my toons, not on Alderaan or any other planet you might run into them.

Edited by LeJarC

Indeed. Got Ilum Beastmaster when killing a Kath hound on Alderaan near the dam, However, so far I have not been able to get the Flutterplume on any of my toons, not on Alderaan or any other planet you might run into them.

The Mantellian Flutterplume can be obtained around this area on Alderaan...

http://postimg.org/image/c560hpcl3/

There, you should see a "Strong" rated Flutterplume. It unlocks ONLY for Republic players.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

There's a Elite Wingmaw in the middle of Fleshlight I mean Flesh Raider territory.

Yeah - tried that one when I was hunting these things down. Nothing on Tython give the codex. As indicated by others, Balmorra is the place to get this. Unlocked for me when I finished up the details on that planet.

It's been over two years and the codex is still a mess. Would have been nice of Bioware instead of wasting time with player housing to actually clean up the broken parts of the game, like the codex.

Yeah - tried that one when I was hunting these things down. Nothing on Tython give the codex. As indicated by others, Balmorra is the place to get this. Unlocked for me when I finished up the details on that planet.

It's been over two years and the codex is still a mess. Would have been nice of Bioware instead of wasting time with player housing to actually clean up the broken parts of the game, like the codex.

I'll take new features over some Codex entries being fixed any day. Sure it's a nuisance but you can check their contents online on swtorspy or torhead.

Game needs new content far more than a fully working Codex system.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

It unlocks ONLY for Republic players.

sigh...

I'll take new features over some Codex entries being fixed any day. Sure it's a nuisance but you can check their contents online on swtorspy or torhead.

Game needs new content far more than a fully working Codex system.

It's not about the contents of codex entries, it's because they get used in the 'new game content' added after the codex. What good is adding new content (achievement system) if you can't get several of these achievements due to bugs in the game?

Edited by LeJarC

sigh...

It's not about the contents of codex entries, it's because they get used in the 'new game content' added after the codex. What good is adding new content (achievement system) if you can't get several of these achievements due to bugs in the game?

Care to explain to what achievements you are referring to exactly? :rolleyes:

Because last I checked, just to name a couple, Bioware already tweaked several Lore and Bestiary codex entries so people can attain the "Beastmaster" and "Loremaster" titles, not to mention planetary Achievements that are connected to them.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Care to explain to what achievements you are referring to exactly? :rolleyes:

How about not going further OT (for which my apologies to the OP) and leave that for the codex and achievement bug collection threads, they already list enough without me repeating them.

Edited by LeJarC

How about not going further OT (for which my apologies to the OP) and leave that for the codex and achievement bug collection threads, they already list enough without me repeating them.

A thread on this forum going off-topic? Utterly shocking and surprising. Regardless, what I said earlier remains; If you had no intention to discuss to begin with, why you chose to address it is beyond me.

We all know it wasn't because you wanted a thread to derail or go OT. :rolleyes:

Edited by Darth_Wicked

• 4 months later...
Can't seem to pick up a codex entry for the Wingmaw on Tython... Anyone know where the specific one is?

It is the only thing left for me to complete the entire achievement list for Tython, so it is bugging the crap out of me! :)

i looked it up online http://www.swtor-spy.com/img/custom_named_mobs/18/Tython_named_mob_WingmawFlayer_image_swtor_2011_11_18_16_56_25_189.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
A bump and reconfirming the mob of two scavenging wingmaws at location x273 / y1800 still works for the Tython Wingmaw lore entry.

When I'm looking at my Tython map, it appears to have outer boundary coordinates of ...

Top Left Corner: ~ -1000, -1500

Top Right Corner: ~ 550, -1500

Bottom Right Corner: ~ 550, 1150

Bottom Left Corner: ~ -1000, 1150

So, how do you get a coordinate of 1800 when the positive y coordinates stop at about 1150?

:eek:

Edited by MadScientistJr