Unassembled Pieces and Command Token Costs

EricMusco

Hey folks,

As we talked about in the Galactic Command Thread, Game Update 5.1 will introduce methods for you to work towards getting specific pieces of Tier gear. A big part of that will be from Unassembled Gear Pieces. Those Pieces can drop from Operations bosses or purchased from the new PvP vendor for Unassembled Components. Once you have the piece, you will need to bring it to a new vendor on the fleet where you can purchase that specific piece of gear. As an example, if you have a Tier 1 Unassembled Head Piece you will be able to come to the vendor and purchase any Tier 1 head piece of your choice. Each Unassembled Piece also has a Command Token cost to purchase them, let’s break those down. The costs will be listed by slot and then the Command Token cost by Tier (Tier 1/Tier 2/ Tier 3). Here they are:

• Chest – 10/15/24
  • Legs -10/15/24
  • Head -10/15/24
  • Hands -10/15/24
  • Feet -10/15/24
  • Waist – 7/10/15
  • Wrist - 7/10/15
  • Implant - 8/12/18
  • Earpiece – 8/12/18
  • Relic – 8/12/18
  • Mainhand – 12/18/28
  • Off-hand – 12/18/28

As a reminder, you earn Command Tokens in each Command Crate that you open. You earn them at the following rate per crate:

• Tier 1 – 5
  • Tier 2 – 8
  • Tier 3 – 12

Lastly, there are new Command XP Boosts that you can buy for Command Tokens. These boosts only work while a character is in a specified Tier. They provide a 15% boost which stacks with the new legacy perk but not the MTX boost. Here are their costs:

• Tier 1 – 20
  • Tier 2 – 28
  • Tier 3 – 44

Let me know if you have any questions or anything is unclear. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Eh you's Changed the name the 3 tier comm system twice? that was for None Set Pieces, You then REMOVE it saying it was Confusing to people..... You removed Gear from ALL OPS BOSSES, in-favor of a 3 tier RNG SYSTEM (you's were told not to do *RNG*)that has total of like 6+ Tiers of GEAR in those boxs and most time trash jawa junk,empty shells come out them.

You now ADDING GEAR back to to OPS BOSS(last) all other and RNG Chance, Yay fix RNG with MORE RNG...

then you add the Unassembled Components,Command Tokens.Unassembled Gear Piece back which nothing more then the old COMM/CRYSTAL system ONLY more convoluted and confusing..... and the ORIGINAL system WAS NOT CONFUSING or hard to UNDERSTAND, You's were the only ones that thought that, I mean how many people posted back LOL/ROFL quoting you's when you's said the 3 tier comm/crystal vender gear system was confusing......

Why cant you just admit you's ****ed up and you simply did this is a ATTEMPT to make sub's sub longer cause in 3 years yous couldnt be bother to give us real end game content, and not SOLO story crap? and put back OPS BOSS Loot table like it was since the begin of the game? and actual REVAMP ALL the OPS and make them there Difficulty and mechanics worth people times to re learn them instead of NERFing them removing alot of gateway mechanics from SM that needed to know for HM OPS was one the stupid things you's done.

So lets ask this again, DO YOU'S actual play this game at all? wait we all know you's dont if you did most the stupid stuff you's did in 5.0 would of never been done, the Miriad bugs that been around for years for would be fixed, and Exploits you dont want people using would be FIX on PTS when they reported BEFORE you send it to live. is 5.1 even gona FIX the fact Reflect is BROKE which more of EXPLOIT then Horrible programing that makes the first boss in fractured suicide. Considering the Reflect exploit damages bosses that in in IMMUNE phases.. some can even be one shoted...

Edited by Kyuuu

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people just need to shut up and give it a try. All anyone does is complain before they actually try anything.

You know, I've never tried jumping off a cliff. I could try it but I think I'll stick with not trying it.

Some things you can know they're a bad idea without trying it. Some people said the same you say now before 5.0 came out. And indeed it sucked. We already knew that before it came out.

Now 5.1 will make things a little better I'm sure, but it's still not going to be good enough.

The problem is the disconnect. We want a game that is fun, BWA is going for the minimum level that enough people will accept. They are not trying to exceed expectations, they are not even trying to meet our expectations. They are trying to see how far people can lower their expectations so they can get away with investing even less in the game and maximising profit. There is no sense of pride in what they do currently.

Now the game has a lot of good to offer, but this cover of RNG gearing needs to be removed. I don't want to take anything away from solo players. I am fine with everybody getting gear. I just don't want to be left to the RNG gods to this extent and though 5.1 looks like a step in the right direction, that's all it is: a step in the right direction.

I am expecting them to do some stuff later this year as they should start announcing on the 26th but I have this feeling that what they're not telling us is that we probably won't get a next expansion this year. I suspect their focus on group content will delay the next story installment with 6 months at least. I don't know this, it's what I am expecting.

The reason they installed this level of RNG to begin with is to make this expansion last longer, nothing else. There's my view on that.

Edited by Tsillah

The new system is unifiying the 3 types of gearing:

- OPS: Earn tokens for specific slots, skip whole tiers if you can get the tokens, gear up alts if you like.

- PVP: Earn warzone currency, buy directly what you want, including gear for alts, upgrades require the previous tier.

- GC: Do whatever content you like and slowly and randomly earn gear for this char in the current spec.

Going to a vendor to buy the currency for another vendor may sound complicated, but the alternative would be having separate vendors for the 3 types of gearing, one for ops, one for PVP and one for flashpoins, dailies etc. All selling the same gear for different currencies, now that would be really silly :p

Edited by Mubrak

You can't skip the grind for command XP. You need the token from the tier 2 crates, to be able to use the unassembled gear token.

The difference is that you need to grind a single toon to high command rank then you can use the gear token that you get from PvE or buy from the PvP vendor. For the next toon, you can gear up faster since you got those tokens on your main, but you still need to grind Command XP to be able to use the unassembled gear tokens you get.

Why do you need the token from the tier 2 crates? A token is a token, you just earn more in tier 2.

Basically as I see it by GC level 39 I have enough tokens ( not spending them on tier 1 gear ) to start running HM ops straight away and cashing in drops. I don't need anything from tier 2 and can ignore tier 2.

I would then only need level my GC as I need more tokens to cash in more gear from HM or for alts but if it's just 242 from NiM gear I still wouldn't need to be GC 90 to have enough tokens.

You can't skip the grind for command XP. You need the token from the tier 2 crates, to be able to use the unassembled gear token.

The difference is that you need to grind a single toon to high command rank then you can use the gear token that you get from PvE or buy from the PvP vendor. For the next toon, you can gear up faster since you got those tokens on your main, but you still need to grind Command XP to be able to use the unassembled gear tokens you get.

Not true.

Command Tokens have no tiering to them. Unassembled Armor Tokens do. For Command Tokens, you simply need more of them for a tier 2 and tier 3 purchase. And Command Tokens are legacy bound.. so you can move them around your Legacy as well.

This system is NOT a real fix for GC.. but your facts are wrong here.

I will not be renewing my subscription.

I do not play OPs and do not play PVP. This means I won't be able to get the components no matter how hard I grind.

When my subscription will run out in February, I will not be resuming it.

I will resume it when I'll be able to get tokens from doing ANY command stuff, and get any type of item for an amount of these marks. Until then, casual players have been rudely ignored and I will not give my money any longer.

I want to be able to get gear solely by the tokens I earn from the boxes. Nothing more nothing less. I will not give money until that request have been met.

I don't have the time for operations and I do not like PVP. I will do neither. As I can not get gear of my choice in any other way, I will not subscribe.

Make all gear require only tokens, and have them drop from boxes. I don't mind if PVP and Operations give more than other command stuff. But I don't want to be forced to play those to get good gear. No thanks. Just no.

I don't have the time for operations and I do not like PVP. I will do neither. As I can not get gear of my choice in any other way, I will not subscribe.

What content do you run and how did you get your gear last expansion then? (What do you need the gear for?)

I will resume it when I'll be able to get tokens from doing ANY command stuff, and get any type of item for an amount of these marks. Until then, casual players have been rudely ignored and I will not give my money any longer.
- wonder why you renewing your subscription on december? .. You done story, uprisings, everything what 5.0 give and now after "i dont have what to do now" you said you will not sub again? Dont make me laugh.

Same others .. on this thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=9213920#edit9213920 same ppl said they will end their subs. Now that decisions make me laugh. I can do the same. For example bioware will add new operation, i will play it 50 times and then will say "hey, content is boring, command system is bad (doesn't matter there is much players who have full gear set bonus in game) and its time to logout forever). No comment. :rolleyes:

Edited by Trlance

I do not play OPs and do not play PVP. This means I won't be able to get the components no matter how hard I grind.

When my subscription will run out in February, I will not be resuming it.

You have a decent chance at getting 6 set armorings without PvP or Ops. As opposed to no chance in 4.7.

Edited by Eli_Porter

why do they make so many hurdles for crafters ?

why dont they just drop un-modded items from pvp/ops/command crates and give more credits

and let crafters do what they want, craft - no need for the blue prints to stop at 210 (from fleet vendors)

then all parties might be more happy, get random pieces from activities, and then buy modded stufff from gtn or trade

my opinion only, way simpler

whats the fuss with set pieces are they that good ?

what i've seen/read about - quite plain

Edited by abe_ode_see

You have a decent chance at getting 6 set armorings without PvP or Ops. As opposed to no chance in 4.7.

It's fine that for whatever reason you are supporting this system, but don't be disingenuous.

The chance of getting 6 set armourings without pvp or ops is just awful....

It's fine that for whatever reason you are supporting this system, but don't be disingenuous.

The chance of getting 6 set armourings without pvp or ops is just awful....

Well consider me one of the lucky ones, 130 levels in I got my 6th piece.

Edited by Eli_Porter

I'm pretty sure you're wrong. You just need Command Tokens (= a new currency, not the unassembled pieces) along with an Unassembled Piece from an operation boss to get a gear piece. The Tokens drop from all Command Crates, it doesn't matter if you are Tier 1 or Tier 3 (though T3 gives more Tokens per crate than T1), and they can be sent to other chars.

The previous gear pieces (e.g. trading in a T1 gear piece to get a T2 gear piece) are only required for PvP, so MeNaCe-NZ is correct.

To use a tier 2 unassembled piece, you need a tier 2 command token. Those token drop only from tier 2 command crates.

When you're out of those token, even if you got one more tier 2 piece, you can't use it. You got to grind another toon to at least Command Rank 90 to get those token again and be able to get your gear piece. It apply to both PvE and PvP new system.

Hello,

I feel dumb, I can't understand all these numbers and equations.

Anyone could pretty please tell me in 2-3 lines what am I meant to do in PvP to get tier 3 gear?

Thanks.

Edit:

as returning player, I am stuck at a time when all I had to do was play, get tokens, go to vendor, buy gear.

Edited by Vaerah

To use a tier 2 unassembled piece, you need a tier 2 command token. Those token drop only from tier 2 command crates.

When you're out of those token, even if you got one more tier 2 piece, you can't use it. You got to grind another toon to at least Command Rank 90 to get those token again and be able to get your gear piece. It apply to both PvE and PvP new system.

This is incorrect.

Go back and read the first post in this thread... more carefully.

There is only one kind of Command Token, but there are three tiers of unassembled armor pieces.

It just requires more Commnad tokens (along with the appropriate tier unassembled armor piece) to purchase a tier 2 or tier 3 armor piece.

The only benefit to higher GC is that you will earn more Command tokens per crate as you cross 90 and 180. BUT.. you also can now aggregate Command Tokens from multiple characters too.. since they will Bind to Legacy. Which means some players will immediately start grinding all their alts through the first 5 or 10 levels of GC... just to aggregate tokens for their main at a much lower Cxp per level requirement for the alt. .

Edited by Andryah

I'll make this simple.

Unless you are seeing something in mined data or something that no one else is seeing then there is NOTHING stating the tokens have tier ranks.

A token is a token - nothing more nothing less. It doesn't matter what tier you gained it on.

Either provide some evidence to support this flawed view you have or please stop making it.

Hello,

I feel dumb, I can't understand all these numbers and equations.

Anyone could pretty please tell me in 2-3 lines what am I meant to do in PvP to get tier 3 gear?

Thanks.

Edit:

as returning player, I am stuck at a time when all I had to do was play, get tokens, go to vendor, buy gear.

Tier 3? You grind about 200+ hours worth of content to start being eligible for the T3 drops from command crates.

Once you get to that point then the changes with these tokens etc. become a viable option to get a few pieces but you to get a full set via the tokens/pieces would take longer than the 200+ hours required from GC.

The better topic for PVP info is this one:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911530

It is ideally possible for you to just upgrade one piece at a time and have 1 tier 3 quicker than waiting for GC level 180 though - this would for example a chest piece take around 135 warzones to get. The time involved in that - well you will know better than I will on your own personal experience with warzone time.

Mine would be like 50 hours of warzones per piece heh.

As a reminder, you earn Command Tokens in each Command Crate that you open. You earn them at the following rate per crate:

Tier 1 – 5...

That basically means that you, people, owe me ~150 tokens I COULD'VE HAD instead of all that *** useless random destroyed crap. Same true for anyone with their CR above zero.

That basically means that you, people, owe me ~150 tokens I COULD'VE HAD instead of all that *** useless random destroyed crap. Same true for anyone with their CR above zero.

They are giving them retroactively too so if you are level 50 GC you will get 150 tokens when 5.1 launches.

Providing nothing goes wrong which I'm guessing 75% chance it will.

from http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911530

quote: Keep in mind that Tier 1 is the only Tier that you can directly purchase. In order to get a Tier 2 or 3 Unassembled piece, you will need to turn in the previous Tier armor piece along with X amount of Unassembled Components (listed below). As an example if you wanted to get the Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece, you would need to go to the vendor with a Tier 1 chest piece and 150 Unassembled Components. This will then give you a Tier 2 Unassembled Chest Piece which you can turn in.

anyway, in theory if one has enough command points across all characters - shouldn't that be enough upgrade a tier 1 say chest piece to max and extract armour/mod/enhancment and RE and craft away ?

Edited by abe_ode_see

This is incorrect.

Go back and read the first post in this thread... more carefully.

There is only one kind of Command Token, but there are three tiers of unassembled armor pieces.

It just requires more Commnad tokens (along with the appropriate tier unassembled armor piece) to purchase a tier 2 or tier 3 armor piece.

The only benefit to higher GC is that you will earn more Command tokens per crate as you cross 90 and 180. BUT.. you also can now aggregate Command Tokens from multiple characters too.. since they will Bind to Legacy. Which means some players will immediately start grinding all their alts through the first 5 or 10 levels of GC... just to aggregate tokens for their main at a much lower Cxp per level requirement for the alt. .

My mistake, it was about the different tier of boost, that I was thinking about that applied to the token.

Tier 3? You grind about 200+ hours worth of content to start being eligible for the T3 drops from command crates.

Once you get to that point then the changes with these tokens etc. become a viable option to get a few pieces but you to get a full set via the tokens/pieces would take longer than the 200+ hours required from GC.

The better topic for PVP info is this one:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=911530

It is ideally possible for you to just upgrade one piece at a time and have 1 tier 3 quicker than waiting for GC level 180 though - this would for example a chest piece take around 135 warzones to get. The time involved in that - well you will know better than I will on your own personal experience with warzone time.

Mine would be like 50 hours of warzones per piece heh.

Thank you!

The sign of a dying MMO is: too many currencies.

I thought 5.0 was great because it got rid of 4 currencies. Bringing the total in the game to something like 20 different currencies. But then they add back more currencies. The point is, no one cares about any of those currencies.

To fix:

1.) get rid of separate reputations replaced with: reputation.

2.) get rid of all currencies and just need: credits.

Simple enough. It is the best thing about new MMOs, that you do not need a PhD in advanced math, charts, spreadsheets, 3 extra monitors with google searches up, and a wall that looks like a police detective is trying to solve a cold case (see picture http://www.tinyinventions.com/blog/images/b_storyboard_crime.jpg)

As you only round down, 15% increase to 2xp for golds is still 2.

And now, to replace a system of three different crystals because it was too complicated, we have tokens, assembled and unassembled pieces. two different boosts plus a need to combine at least two elements to get a reward.

Do you guys actually listen to yourselves at any point?

This X 100. I cant even comprehend how the old system is even in the same league as this crap.

The buff is per toon and not legacy bound and will cost 3.5 mill to unlock PER ALT. It is just a ploy to farm more money via CM. Honestly, what is the point of legacy anymore? All they want to do is punish you for having alts.

This game is tanking hard... meanwhile subscription time is running out. :D

Oh - And dont forget the RNG lmao!