Solo/Guild crafting

abe_ode_see

I solo craft, but I have 25 alts, so I don't really rely on anyone for mats.

Same for the one guild where there's now only my characters. However even other guilds I am in I don't rely on others. Like you I also have many alts on servers. Any that I need I buy from the Jawa peddlers using crap metal. Not that I am in need often.

what about mats from ops ?

Like dr_mike says - If you're a guild crafter, the guild should get you the supplies you need to make the things they need you to make. As a primarily solo player, I've never found the need for any mats from ops. I don't do anything that requires anything better than 228/230 gear (GC T1). I can solo Star Fortresses comfortably with that and a level 50 companion, so I see no reason to work for better gear.

Edited by Raphael_diSanto

so I see no reason to work for better gear.

Maybe if there were achievements or collections tied to them....

There's about 10 or 15 weird items that I search for each day just to check prices on them. Occasionally someone will sell them for their default price by accident or just to get rid of them. Stuff like this is something I look for. Completed Bounty Contracts are another.

Edited by dr_mike

Like dr_mike says - If you're a guild crafter, the guild should get you the supplies you need to make the things they need you to make.

Exactly.

In our guild, the workload on materials gathering is spread out across the members, as is the crafting. Those responsible for gathering run crew missions for materials and drop them into the guild cargo on an ongoing basis. Officers then issue them along with crafting requests to the crafters. It was hectic the first week as we spun up 5.0 crafting... but the the second week, we had everyone upgraded and the pace became more relaxed as we shifted our attention to working OPs and FPs for recipe and materials drops.

If you are a solo crafter, you can easily gain all your materials needs, other then drops in OPs/FPs or PvP, from running crew missions for them. It is the fastest and most efficient method, and the mission costs are low enough that you really don't even notice.

Like dr_mike says - If you're a guild crafter, the guild should get you the supplies you need to make the things they need you to make. As a primarily solo player, I've never found the need for any mats from ops. I don't do anything that requires anything better than 228/230 gear (GC T1). I can solo Star Fortresses comfortably with that and a level 50 companion, so I see no reason to work for better gear.

credits is enough reason for me to craft beyond what i can solo, to buy pets/companions and other high priced items