1 Million Damage Screenshot, 1100+ dps

Aluvi

I'm going to print this out now and go have my mom put it up on the fridge :D.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3610/screenshot2012102011340.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1101.01 DPS

7387 Biggest Hit.

Just about double the next highest dps, and quadruple or quintuple most of the team.

But seriously, haven't had a full length void star in weeks, finally got one long enough to break 1 Mill. I know, no one cares. And yes, my dps was a little low.That is because I prioritized healers rather than smashing groups, since they had 3 of them. Also I got stuck in the red force field for the last minute right before the bridges, so I couldn't do much there.

Screenshot of fully buffed stats: http://imageshack.us/a/img545/1243/screenshot2012102012352.jpg

I'm using full WH with EWH weapons. Custom bracer / belt with vindicator offhand WH armoring. All mods are 51 str / 39 power type. All Enhancements are 41 power / 53 surge variety, except one which is accuracy/power. In my opinion this is the perfect rage marauder build. And yes, I think the 1390 expertise is worth it.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

other team had 6 healers standing together or what lol? nice numbers

Thanks =). And they had 3 heals, 2 sages and one trooper. Most of the time they were smart enough not to hug each other while I smashed them. There were a few good 30k+ smashes though.

I'm going to print this out now and go have my mom put it up on the fridge :D.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3610/screenshot2012102011340.jpg

1101.01 DPS

7387 Biggest Hit.

Just about double the next highest dps, and quadruple or quintuple most of the team.

But seriously, haven't had a full length void star in weeks, finally got one long enough to break 1 Mill. I know, no one cares. And yes, my dps was a little low.That is because I prioritized healers rather than smashing groups, since they had 3 of them. Also I got stuck in the red force field for the last minute right before the bridges, so I couldn't do much there.

Screenshot of fully buffed stats: http://imageshack.us/a/img545/1243/screenshot2012102012352.jpg

I'm using full WH with EWH weapons. Custom bracer / belt with vindicator offhand WH armoring. All mods are 51 str / 39 power type. All Enhancements are 41 power / 53 surge variety, except one which is accuracy/power. In my opinion this is the perfect rage marauder build. And yes, I think the 1390 expertise is worth it.

Another proof that Marauders have an OP damage. +6k Smash is broken and you know it.

It's always impressive to see +1mill SS'es because it doesnt happen that often regardless of who's on the other team. I can't help thinking that the four sages really helped though and that even one good sage, such as Avevis, could have completely changed the scoreboard.

The screenshot is also a pretty good indication of what many games on Shadowlands are like. The imps have diversity while the pub teams are stacked with two classes and their AC'es....and they're rarely the AC'es you would want on your team.

Edited by MidichIorian

Give this guy a medal for showing us how his class, which we all thought as being weak and incredibly underpowered, can actually do well when played by an extremely skillful individual such as himself. An individual who, in addition to being extremely skilled, has also managed with pure intellect and sheer creativity to find just the right talents to make his underused Rage build work ..;)

. The imps have diversity while the pub teams are stacked with two classes and their AC'es....and they're rarely the AC'es you would want on your team.

WHAT??????

As a Rep I can say you almost all WZ I play Imps have at least 4 Sith Warriors, 2 Sorcerers and 1 or 2 assassins. BH and Imp.Agents are the strangest thing you can find playing vs Imps.

Reps usually have troopers KJ and Sages.. It's hard to find scoundrels, Guns and Shadows.

Give this guy a medal for showing us how his class, which we all thought as being weak and incredibly underpowered, can actually do well when played by an extremely skillful individual such as himself. An individual who, in addition to being extremely skilled, has also managed with pure intellect and sheer creativity to find just the right talents to make his underused Rage build work ..;)

LOL best troll post ever, thanks man. I sincerely laughed out loud. We need more flaming posts though ;). That was too well done, I think some people might think you are serious.

gratz aluv

/bonk

/wave o hai there!

You know if Donna was there too I would have had 4 healers to farm smashes on.. but then you'd also probably keep the dps alive.

WHAT??????

As a Rep I can say you almost all WZ I play Imps have at least 4 Sith Warriors, 2 Sorcerers and 1 or 2 assassins. BH and Imp.Agents are the strangest thing you can find playing vs Imps.

Reps usually have troopers KJ and Sages.. It's hard to find scoundrels, Guns and Shadows.

Fine, let me rephrase that, the core on most pub teams seem to consist of sages and commandos while on the imp teams it's usually made up by warriors or in some cases PT'es. The diversity was a reference to how the remaining 4 slots can go to different classes on the imp side. It's not uncommon that all spots on the pub teams, refering to pugs, are filled up by sages and commandos. Can't remember the last time I saw an imp team with 4 mercs. That probably never happened.

So yeah, it's always more fun to PvP on the imp side because you know that the chance that you'll end up with a really horrible class composition is much smaller than on the pub side. I've lost track of all the times I, as a pub, have queued just to leave (as in leave even before it has popped) 2 secs later under the presumption that it was going to suck anyway.

On another note, I don't think warriors are particulary OP. It's really annoying to go up against a team of 4 or more but in a mixed team they're perfectly balanced. Not to mention that there are far worse classes to go up against if theyre on the same team. Played a team with 5 operatives yesterday, that was no fun at all and I'd trade them for warriors, regardless of AC and spec, if I could.

Edited by MidichIorian

Its a broken spec/class i play a marauder and in time it will get toned down plain and simple maybe not soon but it will doing damage like this with this class there is no skill involed look at the rest of the specs and classes many dont even come close so what does that tell you??

Its a broken spec/class i play a marauder and in time it will get toned down plain and simple maybe not soon but it will doing damage like this with this class there is no skill involed look at the rest of the specs and classes many dont even come close so what does that tell you??

This only tell that the guy AT bioware who are responsible for game balance is know what he is doing.

AT dev tracker we have already have a chance to see his posts. Feel free to addrees him AT his twitter or etc..

Senior Game Balance Designer Jason ATTARD.

lol...

Its funny because aluvi gives up trying to kill me (because he cant like many others) when hes in a pvp match with me when I heal on my sage. I always laugh when a dps just gives up trying to kill me. Thanks for letting me free cast often bro =D Edited by LoL-K-Noob

Congrats! What pains me is that not many people can admit that what you did was actually great and the majority will just whine about marauders being overpowered. Yes, marauders hit hard, we know that. So do juggs, so do powertechs. But how many of those can claim 1mln damage? ... Exactly.

Don't let people bring you down man. What you did is certainly impressive. And it's coming from your favourite target - sorcerer healer ;)

Edited by Szopu

Its funny because aluvi gives up trying to kill me (because he cant like many others) when hes in a pvp match with me when I heal on my sage. I always laugh when a dps just gives up trying to kill me. Thanks for letting me free cast often bro =D

Killing you 1v1 isn't an issue, never has been. Killing you while you kite 40 yards away and have a bubble stun up ever time i close that range, and being chain stunned by the 2-3 dps that always seem to be with you, that is pretty impossible. So.. gratz on owning me in 2v1 and 3v1 situations. In team battles, which is the entire point of rage, not being solo, I kill you just fine, and I remember killing you quite a few times in a civil war earlier today.

In fact to be quite honest I don't recall ever going up against you in a 1v1 situation that didn't end with your team coming to rescue you. And that is precisely what should happen in team games - healer holds out long enough for backup to show up at node. I do admit, you are probably the hardest sage to kill that I know of, and most of them do a pretty pathetic job of trying to kite me or stop my onslaught. You are a skilled player. But impossible to kill? nah. You just hold out long enough that someone else comes to help you kill me.

And yes, in cases it is simply not productive to keep trying to focus you if there is another, squishier healer, or squishy / dangerous dps that I can take out in a few GCD. Healers don't kill people, dps players kill people. So if I can take out a few of your dps right in front of your nose before you can get a heal off on them, I'd say mission accomplished. Doesn't mean I've "given up", just means I've found a more useful way to hurt your team than chasing a bubble stun sorc that lets their dps die.

It tells me that the vast majority of people on this game fall into a combination of these categories:

1.) Their gear is either flat out not as good, or it is not as optimized as mine is. It took the equivalent of gearing 3 toons in full war hero or just slightly less than that to get all my mods/enhancements.

2.) They simply lack the skill and/or experience. Valor Rank 97, especially considering most of that was earned (lvl 70) before they nerfed the rate at which it goes up, is pretty nuts to get to. I started PvPing after I had mastered my class at PvE and had all content on farm and grew bored with it. So considering that I had put in a couple thousand hours of PvE before I even started doign PvP, and now I am @ VR 97.. you get the idea. I've also been playing MMOs for over 10 years, whereas for many SWTOR players this is their first MMO.

They don't do the following:

3.) They don't do all those extra little things that can make or break a match. Swapping targets between GCDs to throw an interrupt on a healer, then swapping back to finish your current target without losing a GCD. Always calling out incomings, disabling healers when possible and focusing them, marking them. Constantly being aware of whats going on in other places on the battle field. One glance at west or east in Novarre can spot an incoming which if not called out can cause you to lose the game.

3.) Playing perfect. Playing a perfect game with no errors in my ability priorities. This rarely if ever happens, but I always strive for it. Getting off a Smash on at least 2 people every time it is up, and having every smash be an auto crit + 4 stack smash. Mega has commented similarly in his posts, when other marauders ask him what he does to achieve such great numbers consistently: As soon as you smash, your #1 priority is to build 4 stacks of shockwave and get your auto crit ready. AFTER that is done you worry about other things like spamming vicious slash to remove the cooldown.

4.) Making sure that your force crushes and chokes go onto players with high hp. If you don't get a 4 stack, you may as well not have even cast that ability. Being able to swap to a new target when yours is sub 50%, toss your force crush on them, then go back to killing your current target.

5.) Intercepting passes in huttball with charge or obliterate. Using aoe fear on key targets/groups to assist your team (for example, if I see a PT or Assassin trying to set up an defensive pull on my teams ball carrier into the fire, I drop everything and try to disable them to assist my teammate).

6.) Throwing out obfuscate consistently on high priority scary dps targets, especially when they are on a healer that is low, or doing a force choke on a dps that almost has one of my healers down. It's not enough to just kill people on the other team; when your healer gets in trouble, it's your responsibility to help them out in any way that you can. I'd also like to mention that the numbers in this game would never have been possible, not even remotely so, without Ravinder healing me on his sorc. He was our only healer on our team in that game, and he doubled the next highest heals on the opposing team. If I was a Jugg, that would mean taunting high priority dps targest instead when they get on healers.

I could go on and on. How many marauders do you know that could even list these kinds of things off the top of their head, much less perform in this manner regularly? Very very few. Claiming that this class/spec requires no skill is simply silly. If it really did require no skill, then why is it that I can count the number of marauders / sentinels on Shadowlands that can come even remotely close to my stats on one hand? Certainly there is no shortage of warriors, and most of them are in full war hero, so why do they consistently do 1/2 or less of my dps? Skill, knowledge, knowing your enemy, these are what make a good PvPer, not "LOLICANSMASHHURRRR".

Finally, yes, other classes can put out these kinds of numbers. I know Pyrotechs that have put out more than this, and their dps is single target. They are typically right with me on damage done in warzones. Snipers also put out excellent dps when played correctly and in the right team composition. One pyrotech that you probably all know has an all time high of 1,065,000, almost 65k more than my screenshot here, and that is single target.

Congrats! What pains me is that not many people can admit that what you did was actually impresive and the majority will just whine about marauders being overpowered. Yes, marauders hit hard, we know that. So do juggs, so do powertechs. But how many of those can claim 1mln damage? ... Exactly.

Don't let people bring you down man. What you did is certainly impressive. And it's coming from your favourite target - sorcerer healer ;)

Thank you for understanding. Haters gonna hate after all, but I can't help defending my class when ignorant people make posts like the guy above. Sorc healers are no longer my fav target now due to bubble stuns, but I'm forced to focus them nonetheless because if I don't nothing gets done on my team =(. If only they were all pure healing... ah those were the days.