Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Old companions not returned and balance of returning companions

Zapminer
01.13.2017 , 12:37 PM | #1
So I played both KOTFE and KOTET. I found out that in the storyline, this is the "balance" of returned companions

Jedi Knight: T7-01. And that's it for Jedi Knight.
Jedi Consular: None.
Smuggler: None
Trooper: Aric Jorgan. I don't consider Tanno Vik as a returned companion, since he dosen't join the Alliance. And that's it for Trooper.
Sith Warrior: Vette. And that's it for Sith Warrior.
Sith Inquisitor: None.
Bounty Hunter: Gault Rennow and Torian Cadera. And that's it for Bounty Hunter.
Imperial Agent: Kaliyo D'jannis and SCORPIO.

And that's it for all! Remember, I do not consider returned companions by Alliance Alerts or Yuun, that is returned by the mission "To Find a Findsman".

With that said, there is a HUGE unbalance here! Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent were the ones that had most companions returned. WHY? They aren't even the Cannon Classes! The Cannon Classes are Jedi Knight (becuase he killed the Sith Emperor) and Sith Warrior (becuase he is the Emperor's Wrath). This NEEDS balancing!

What I suggest is that you make a new expansion (Rakghoul Plague gets worse, expands beyond Taris, Rakghoul transform into Nekghouls and have an immense power, the Ethernal Alliance needs to stop them? And the Rakghoul Leader is Valkorion) where there are at least 9 chapters. The 8 first to recover the old companions (each chapter has all companions of each class, light and dark) and the 9th to FINISH the Rakghoul Plague (not really, you just set them back all the way to Taris and make it almost impossible for the Plague to leave it). And that's it.

SithKoriandr
01.13.2017 , 01:50 PM | #2
Canon classes for what? KotFE/KotET? While I would agree with that, I don't see how you don't use certain companions just because they weren't the canon class.

However, I do think they had many missed opportunities for other companions to return. Like Akavvi.
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

BattlebloodMage
01.13.2017 , 02:41 PM | #3
You can recruit most of the companions from doing sidequests, it's just the LI that aren't recruitable.

JediAkemi
01.13.2017 , 05:12 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Zapminer View Post
What I suggest is that you make a new expansion (Rakghoul Plague gets worse, expands beyond Taris, Rakghoul transform into Nekghouls and have an immense power, the Ethernal Alliance needs to stop them? And the Rakghoul Leader is Valkorion) where there are at least 9 chapters. The 8 first to recover the old companions (each chapter has all companions of each class, light and dark) and the 9th to FINISH the Rakghoul Plague (not really, you just set them back all the way to Taris and make it almost impossible for the Plague to leave it). And that's it.
No, no, a million times no!

This is meant to be Star Wars! If I wanted to be thrown into a zombie apocalypse, I'd play Resident Evil.
No Rakghoul BS ever again. Taris was bad enough, but the Rakghoul Events are disgusting evil yuck, and Kaon & Lost Island are just torture.

No. Rakghouls. Ever.

CrownofGold
01.13.2017 , 06:29 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Zapminer View Post
So I played both KOTFE and KOTET. I found out that in the storyline, this is the "balance" of returned companions

Jedi Knight: T7-01. And that's it for Jedi Knight.
Jedi Consular: None.
Smuggler: None
Trooper: Aric Jorgan. I don't consider Tanno Vik as a returned companion, since he dosen't join the Alliance. And that's it for Trooper.
Sith Warrior: Vette. And that's it for Sith Warrior.
Sith Inquisitor: None.
Bounty Hunter: Gault Rennow and Torian Cadera. And that's it for Bounty Hunter.
Imperial Agent: Kaliyo D'jannis and SCORPIO.

And that's it for all! Remember, I do not consider returned companions by Alliance Alerts or Yuun, that is returned by the mission "To Find a Findsman".

With that said, there is a HUGE unbalance here! Bounty Hunter and Imperial Agent were the ones that had most companions returned. WHY? They aren't even the Cannon Classes! The Cannon Classes are Jedi Knight (becuase he killed the Sith Emperor) and Sith Warrior (becuase he is the Emperor's Wrath). This NEEDS balancing!

Umm, you are very wrong. The following list is who we have back so far. You are missing many because you have not included Alliance Alerts Missions:

Jedi Knight: T7 and Sgt. Rusk
Jedi Consular: Qyzen Fess
Smuggler: Bowdaar, Languss Tuno
Trooper: Aric Jorgan, M1-4X, Sgt. Yuun (Tanno Vik but cannot recruit)
Sith Warrior: Vette, Lt. Pierce
Sith Inquisitor: Talos Drellik, Xalek
Imperial Agent: Kaliyo Djannis, Dr. Eckard Lokin, Scorpio
Bounty Hunter: Gault Rennow, Torian Cadera, Blizz, Skadge

Keep in mind that ALL vanilla companions that cannot be retrievd from Alliance Alert Missions are retrievable from the terminal in the commander's quarters on Odesson.

So we have 21/40 of the companions back so far, that is only half which is pretty sad!
Mia Goespewpewpewpew Pewpewpewpewpew, Grand Champion of the Great Hunt
<Twi'lek Lives Matter>
The Harbinger

casirabit
01.13.2017 , 06:51 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by JediAkemi View Post
No, no, a million times no!

This is meant to be Star Wars! If I wanted to be thrown into a zombie apocalypse, I'd play Resident Evil.
No Rakghoul BS ever again. Taris was bad enough, but the Rakghoul Events are disgusting evil yuck, and Kaon & Lost Island are just torture.

No. Rakghouls. Ever.
/this.
A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous. A girl should also always be a lady even when arguing. If you like redheads click my Referral link Referral: http://www.swtor.com/r/VkfKqj

SithKoriandr
01.13.2017 , 09:12 PM | #7
So, what we can see, is the Consular really got screwed over...also...Consular is totally the canon Outlander!
"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more...than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so *********** what." - Stephen Fry

Mindelmatrix
01.18.2017 , 11:12 AM | #8
I think that they didn't want to bring back romantic interest companions unless they were playing a larger role than a single companion quest.

SteveTheCynic
01.18.2017 , 11:36 AM | #9
[QUOTE=Zapminer;9207219Cannon Classes[/QUOTE]
Um.

There's only one Cannon class. The Commando.

Oh, you meant canon. There are 8 of them, or 16 if you regard the advanced classes as separate classes.

Or, more accurately, there are none. SWTOR is part of "Legends" at best.
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

cunctatorg
01.19.2017 , 04:50 PM | #10
So this is the list of the missing companions:

PUBS
JK: Kira Carsen, Lord Scourge, Doc (=3...)

JC: Nadia Grell, Tharan Cedrax, Felix Iresso, Zenith (=4!...)

TR: Elara Dorn (=1!!)

SM: Risha Drayen, Akaavi Spar, Corso Riggs (=3...)

IMPS:
SW: Jaesa Willsaam, Malavai Quinn (=2 because Broonmark is back)

SI: Ashara Zavros, Adronikos Revel (=2-3... because Khem Val isn't back but it seems to me that his very replacement is the Dashade ... though we can't be sure and personally I'm suspicious about Khem-Val's whereabouts and his future!)

IA: Ensign Raina Temple, Vector Hyllus (=2)

BH: Mako (=1!!...)

Well, there is obviously -at least- one pattern here: all the romance interests (without any exception) are either hidden or kidnapped and the like... Why did they go hiding? It's not justifiable, therefore I tend to figure that there is something deeper here...

Another pattern: there is always one more missing companion with the exception of the "dual classes" of TR and BH.
What's about the second missing companion and his role? And why neither the BH nor the TR have this second missing companion?!?

There is another pattern, a third one: something has "happened" to the companions of the Republic Classes, namely the JK, the JC (!) and even the SM... Doc was nice, Corso Riggs was also likable, not to mention the JC's extra missing companions...

And last but not least: what about the Dashade and Khem-Val?!?