COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

Kratier

How do you know it's a pre-made? How do you know if you aren't flying against a pre-made with your pre-made?

If you're fighting against a pre-made comprised of two really good players and two average players, your PuG has a good chance to win if it happens to have three (or more) really good players.

If you're fighting against a team that has two really good players and your team doesn't have any really good players, you're almost certainly going to lose regardless of whether or not either side has a pre-made.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pre-mades aren't that big of a deal. It's when nearly an entire team is playing gunship. If Bioware could limit how many of each class type of ship are spawned it may be more competitive. Since only subbers from before Nov 1st have them it becomes a game of who has more gunships most of the time.

Pre-mades aren't that big of a deal. It's when nearly an entire team is playing gunship. If Bioware could limit how many of each class type of ship are spawned it may be more competitive. Since only subbers from before Nov 1st have them it becomes a game of who has more gunships most of the time.

You mean whoever has the best gunship players.

And make queues longer?

No thanks.

Not sure which server are you on, but in prime time, reg queues are pretty much instant on the servers that I accommodate. I'm sure a "don't match me against premades" box would put a dent in my waiting time.

Like I said, there's levels of friendship. That guy who makes you laugh who you enjoy playing a game with can still be a friend even if he didn't save your life in a foxhole. It's a little different from a one night stand because I'm talking about people who you game with on a regular basis. I just don't consider people to be disposable I guess.

Also, friend is defined as:

1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.

2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.

3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.

4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.

None of that says a friend has to be a person who you'd trust to save your life. Also, they're called "friends" on social media, but I think people you enjoy talking to in your guild count as friends more than those 800 Facebook friends so many people collect.

We're letting social media outlets dictate what's a friend and what is not, basing the definition on their marketing policies/business models, now? Yeah, no, thanks.

Also, where did the notion that the person is either your friend or they're disposable come from into this conversation? Further confirms that my concerns are not unfounded.

Edited by Helig

This is clearly an issue so it will be interesting to hear what Bioware are going to do to make GSF an enjoyable experience for all and not just the pre-made gank squads. Unless of course this is by design but I can't imagine the goal of GSF was to be a gank fest that most people just stop playing cause it really isn't very good and the unbalanced set up just destroys any fun it might offer.

We're letting social media outlets dictate what's a friend and what is not, basing the definition on their marketing policies/business models, now? Yeah, no, thanks.

Also, where did the notion that the person is either your friend or they're disposable come from into this conversation? Further confirms that my concerns are not unfounded.

Well yes, social media has always defined what a friend is. Back in the day it used to be word of mouth socialization that defined it. Then we learned how to draw on cave walls. This new media put on rock who Grog found to be friends. Then we progressed to papyrus and paper. We took the paper and made books, some of these tomes we called dictionaries, a repository of socially acceptable terms defining words. We are now using the computer and internet, sadly that is where we are at, but in the end, that is what defines a friend, social media.

This is clearly an issue so it will be interesting to hear what Bioware are going to do to make GSF an enjoyable experience for all and not just the pre-made gank squads. Unless of course this is by design but I can't imagine the goal of GSF was to be a gank fest that most people just stop playing cause it really isn't very good and the unbalanced set up just destroys any fun it might offer.

i absolutely hate PvP and i despise gankers even more, as you can't collect loot from whoever you gank it's now done just for laughs and that is just messed up, in my opinion... as an Anti-PvP person that has found enjoyment in GSF i have to say there is little to no ganking going on in GSF... people just need to admit that they need more practice, need to stop being Cowboys chasing the Kill-count, or just need to learn to work as a team with or without VoIP and quit trying to blame the new "FotM Scapegoat"...

here i'll go first...

i get shot down because of careless maneuvers and i need more practice, with time i'll get better...

see that's not so hard...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

Nothing is going to happen.

Well yes, social media has always defined what a friend is. Back in the day it used to be word of mouth socialization that defined it. Then we learned how to draw on cave walls. This new media put on rock who Grog found to be friends. Then we progressed to papyrus and paper. We took the paper and made books, some of these tomes we called dictionaries, a repository of socially acceptable terms defining words. We are now using the computer and internet, sadly that is where we are at, but in the end, that is what defines a friend, social media.

Definitions come and go, but the bonds that define what true friendship is remain the same - hard-wired, no matter how culture changes, no matter what gets called "friend" and what does not. It's pretty much an objective evolutionary mechanism for the mutual preservation. Everything more superficial than that is social frill, fluff, and is inconsequential and meaningless in the longer perspective.

Edited by Helig

I find it hard to believe that there are enough people playing GSF to even make a premade. I mean... it's only available to subs and I haven't seen the Q pop in the last week or so. I usually give it like 10-15 minutes and then I just leave the queue.

There are long queue times but then who wants to queue up to get ganked.

On the one hand I rather hope BW don't fix GSF I don't find it overly much fun at the best of times and once you have maxed out a ship I don't see much appeal to playing so if no one is playing it they will hopefully invest the resources elsewhere. Come 2.6 which is the official galactic star fighter launch unless you are a subscriber or prefered customer in which case its a couple of new ships and some class tweeks no doubt well worth the wait. If it can be ruined by pre-mades and unbalanced matches the quicker its ruined for people the better.

On the other hand given 2 updates are being used on this it would be nice if it wasn't awful and with the current setup its a long way from being OK let alone good. So bioware need to do something to make it fun and meaningful and balanced. And given how little else there is to do in the game with so little new content GSF really needs to offer something. That or April will see people having to ask is this really the place to stay once you have completed the class story.

Not sure which server are you on, but in prime time, reg queues are pretty much instant on the servers that I accommodate. I'm sure a "don't match me against premades" box would put a dent in my waiting time.

Tell that to Jung Ma who has one instance of the fleet at any given time.

Queue times are starting to take a long time to pop for me as an average of 20+mins. I think the fun factor of GSF is starting to wear off already on people. This should of just been called a content patch and not an expansion because an expansion it surely is not. This has to be the biggest joke of an expansion in mmo history. Edited by Denerio

Queue times are starting to take a long time to pop for me as an average of 20+mins. I think the fun factor of GSF is starting to wear off already on people. This should of just been called a content patch and not an expansion because an expansion it surely is not. This has to be the biggest joke of an expansion in mmo history.

Because it obviously has nothing to do with the holidays and people not being at home and everything to do with pre-mades, right? Oh, and it wasn't an expansion. It was early access. The expansion comes in 2.6 and includes much more stuff.

Because it obviously has nothing to do with the holidays and people not being at home and everything to do with pre-mades, right? Oh, and it wasn't an expansion. It was early access. The expansion comes in 2.6 and includes much more stuff.

Much more? No. Some more.

Let's not over-hype it.

If people are disappointed by the early-release, they will most likely not be enthused about the official launch.