Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Lightning / Telekinetics Set Bonuses and Tactical Items

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Lightning / Telekinetics Set Bonuses and Tactical Items
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Count_Mario
04.20.2019 , 10:38 AM | #21
I only wish for one thing: give me something to run around while channeling Crushing Darkness as a Sorc
So... you, me.... Take over the galaxy together, have some laughs...? Come on, what do you think?
- Smugglers flirting with Vitiate/Master Surro on Ziost

Kraysk
04.21.2019 , 01:00 AM | #22
In my opinion sorcs lack melee abilities, so in my wishlist a couple of not useless melee saber abilities is the top priority.

Other suggestion specifically for Lightning:

1. Crushing darkness now insta-cast and deals 25% more damage.

2. Thundering blast now insta-cast and knock target down for 3 seconds

3. Damage done by force lightning increased by 50%, force lightning now deals trauma.

4. Force storm now have 10 meters radius and deals 30% more damage.

Solarmind
04.22.2019 , 06:56 AM | #23
1) Force Storm procs Lightning Storm without the 10 sec. cooldown.
2) Force Speed lasts twice as long.
3) Ability to freely mark the location for the Phase Walk, in some radius around the character.

Delani
04.23.2019 , 04:17 PM | #24
[QUOTE=Kraysk;9722046]In my opinion sorcs lack melee abilities, so in my wishlist a couple of not useless melee saber abilities is the top priority.

Like in Gnost Dural's fight in the Ossus campaign, that would be nice.

DarthCognusSion
04.24.2019 , 02:47 PM | #25
One thing that I think needs to be addressed is if there is going to be class balance changes along with the new tactical items and set bonuses. Eric, can you let us know what the situation is with regards to that? We don't need specifics, just whether or not there is going to be changes to damage/healing/survivability because that changes, for me at least, how to approach some of these suggestions.

For instance, if Sorc dps is going to be buffed, then suggestions can focus more about play style, but if not then they need to incorporate aspects to make up for that. I know you just said give ideas, but I think that what kinds of ideas we give actually hinges on whether or not there is going to be separate class balance or not.
Failure l That's Toxic
5/5 NiM Gods From the Machine

Destruction Incarnate

Rion_Starkiller
04.25.2019 , 10:36 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Kraysk View Post
This sounds really fun. I imagine against players, it would be a knockback, rather than a knockown. What if it had to be used within 10m to get the KB effect? I'm imagining force speeding to the target as I channel TB.
-Beruhl
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ

Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Lies have been corrected.

MandFlurry
04.25.2019 , 04:11 PM | #27
@Eric, I still think just like lore, that Sages and Sorcs should be able to have 1 02 2 Saber skills, but at the cost of another Sage/Sorc skill or 2.
Got CE on 7/20/11
Canderous Ordo ServerRegulator
Referral for Star Wars Goodness
http://www.swtor.com/r/hzQMWp

TrixxieTriss
05.01.2019 , 12:54 AM | #28
Tac item suggestion for Lightning Sorcs.

Allow ALL abilities to be used on the move, including all castable abilities like force lightning, crushing darkness, healing, etc. Even able to use force bubble on the move.
That could off set the fact that they do less than optimal single target damage.

TrixxieTriss
05.01.2019 , 12:58 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by MandFlurry View Post
@Eric, I still think just like lore, that Sages and Sorcs should be able to have 1 02 2 Saber skills, but at the cost of another Sage/Sorc skill or 2.
Maybe just change the animation for some reflection or absorb passives/utilities or DCD abilities to make it look like the lightsaber is reflecting the damage or mitigating it.

TheSpiceIsRIght
05.02.2019 , 01:58 AM | #30
Link to Main Forum Post with Google Doc of Failure's Set Bonus and Tactical Item suggestions

LIGHTNING/TELEKINETICS

Tactical Suggestions:
  • Chain Lightning/Telekinetic Wave spreads Affliction/Weaken Mind to all targets it hits so long as one of them has Affliction/Weaken Mind.
  • Thundering Blast/Turbulence is now a cleave, similar to Tyrans.
    • Functions similar to dual saber throw
      • 35m centered on a target, hitting everything between you and the target and past that target in a 35m line.
  • Bioware Chain Lightning/Telekinetic Wave Ideas because they are actually really good

Set Bonus:
  • 2 set - Reduces the cooldown of Polarity Shift/Mental Alacrity by 15 seconds.
  • 4 set - During Polarity Shift/Mental Alacrity, Force Storm/Forcequake can be placed instead of channeled and deals 100% more damage (ie double damage). Only one Force Storm/Forcequake may be active at a time. [Recklessness does not affect Force Storm.]
  • 6 set - Affliction/Weaken Mind critical hits cause your next Force Lightning/Telekinetic Throw to channel and tick twice as fast. This cannot occur more than once every 10 seconds.

Other ideas:
  • Lightning Bolt now builds a stack of x, stacks up to 3 times. Increasing the Shock damage by 10% per stack.
    • Potentially better suited to a passive.
  • Affliction or Weaken Mind damage has a 30% chance to increased alacrity by 5% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds.
Spice
<FAILURE> - Satele Shan
World First Slayer of the Machine Gods