Why does Valkorian think he saved my life?

DarthTyranid

When the Inquisitor resists Valk and his powers tget get stabbed by Arcann.

Valkorian seems to think saved the Inquisitor from certain death.

But the force ghosts bound to the inquisitor make it impossible for them to die unless the force ghosts are also destroyed. And Arcann doesn't even know about them let alone the rituals to destroy them.

Is Valkorian also unaware of the Force Ghosts? I assumes since he was within the mind of the Inquisitor he would know about them, but maybe he is an actual idiot and has not noticed them.

Valkorion is well acquainted with the concept of lying to people to manipulate them.

It's accurate to say that he *said* that he saved my life. We don't know whether he is telling the truth, and indeed the events in Chapter IX of KotET suggest strongly that much of what he told you was less than totally truthful.

or maybe those spirits are nothing to Valkorion and he just doesn't care, if you haven't noticed the only thing he cares about is getting your character to in his words ie "let him in" to use his powers. He has a one track mind and as I mentioned he is centuries old they are nothing to him. He just wants to take over your body completely and use it as his new body just like he has done with countless others. Someone as powerful as him can easily keep someone alive for years like he was doing till Lana showed up, even Lana says that you are dying Edited by Zeerastul

Valkorion is well acquainted with the concept of lying to people to manipulate them.

It's accurate to say that he *said* that he saved my life. We don't know whether he is telling the truth, and indeed the events in Chapter IX of KotET suggest strongly that much of what he told you was less than totally truthful.

^This, that and not every SI has kept the ghosts.

Same B.S. as Kreia was doing Years earlier. Twisting facts or in some cases.. creating their own facts to *Alter your Resolve. "Stop thinking how you were, and Start thinking How I want you to". Lana saved the PCs life that's what I think, not much longer the Poisoning (If there really was any) woulda killed the PC, it was Lana in either case that released the PC from the Carbonite poison or not. BioWare put a very big effort to make Valkorian seem quite "Stately", Well spoken, Intelligent and Powerful but that doesn't change he Lies to change your perspective and morale's.

It's this kind of thing that makes me think the default starts for each class are the canon. Lightside inqusitor is the default, which means you only have one ghost that only stayed there because he wanted to. It could easily be reasoned out that the ghost just decided to leave at some point between SOR and KOTFE

There is no canon.(1) There *cannot* be a canon about things choosable by the player. The defaults are just the defaults for the past of an insta60 or insta65, just as "former slave released to be forced into Sith training" is the default for a start-at-1 Inquisitor. Well, except that the slave thing is something you can't choose (because it is the context of the story), therefore it *is* canon-for-the-class. (Noteworthy, for example: a 70-Inquisitor who skips from the middle of Chapter 2 of the class story to Ossus will be functionally Darth Nox regardless of his alignment toggle setting, which is in direct conflict with the start of KotFE on an insta60.)

(1) This is not a statement on the "Legends" nature of the state of the Star Wars universe in SWTOR.