Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

All classes could use simplification

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
All classes could use simplification

addictedtorpg
08.05.2015 , 12:05 PM | #1
Title says it all. We don't need to overkill, but each class could do with about 4-5 less abilities. A lot of abilities can be combined into one ability, or an ability that improves as you level up. My quickbar is ridiculous.

Tsungi
08.05.2015 , 12:09 PM | #2
I totally disagree,
This need for people to dumb down mmos frustrates me. If you want a console game with 4 buttons go play one.
These games should have a good amount of complexity other wise there is nothing to grown into or manage and it becomes nothing more then a first person shooter for the simple minded.

addictedtorpg
08.05.2015 , 01:15 PM | #3
All the big guides use the same 4-6 abilities in their rotations.

What are the other 20 doing?

Botho
08.05.2015 , 01:24 PM | #4
It's called being situational

Ryuku-sama
08.05.2015 , 01:27 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by addictedtorpg View Post
All the big guides use the same 4-6 abilities in their rotations.

What are the other 20 doing?
Play some PvP and you will understand -_-

In PvP, your stuns, mezzes, knockbacks, roots and slows you don't care about in PvE finally get some uses. A lot of uses. This accounts for about 2-6 abilities depending on the class.

In high level PvE (HM and NiM) and PvP, if you don't use your defensive CD's, you get slaughtered pretty fast. Every spec has 3-7 DCD's/off heal.

Then there is the threat drop every DPS spec must use when they know how to do more than pushing the same 4-6 buttons. Taunts are also useful in PvE (for tanks) and PvP. 1-2 more abilities.

Then we have the offensive CD's which are needed to maximize your DPS and are used in every PvE guides, raising your 4-6 buttons to 6-9 buttons.

Then every spec has 1-4 non-rotationnal AoE's. They are kinda really important to kill adds quickly.

All in all, 8-15 buttons are needed to do your job in the game. 3-7 more are needed to maximize your survivability in HM/NiM content and PvP or to support your team with off-heals. Then, 2-6 abilities are needed in PvP and during a few fights where CC's are actually useful.

TL;DR No ability is useless. Every single ability has a use. EVERY SINGLE ONE.
"If it wasn't broken, we shall break it. If it is balanced, we shall beat it until slow and painful death follows. If it is overpowered, it is working as intended." - Bioware 2015

Kaedusz
08.05.2015 , 03:19 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by addictedtorpg View Post
Title says it all. We don't need to overkill, but each class could do with about 4-5 less abilities. A lot of abilities can be combined into one ability, or an ability that improves as you level up. My quickbar is ridiculous.
Every cell in my body hates you and people like you.

Just saying...

Lalainnia
08.05.2015 , 09:10 PM | #7
buttons are hard doh
Donna-Commando-Combat Medic
When we care for others our own strength to live increases. When we help people expand their state of life, our lives also expand. Actions to benefit others are not separate from actions to benefit oneself.

Pt_k
08.06.2015 , 11:19 PM | #8
Sounds like somebody has a lot of user error going on.

DNGDangerous
08.10.2015 , 12:30 PM | #9
Well if they simplify my marauder...

I would like the changes to be...

All attack animations that revolve around a swinging my lightsaber turned into:
If I hit my opponent, they should die because I should be slicing right through them with my lightsaber... I dont see how any body with any armor type (especially light armor) can withstand a direct hit from my all mighty lightsaber!

Unless of course my lightsaber is actually one of those plastic toys from toys-r-us... Which currently it seems it is...

I mean these things can cut through 6 inch thick blast doors. Hell with enough time, they can cut through 3 feet worth of reinforced metal (as long as it isnt ray shielded??) how does a piece of cloth absorb the awesome power of my immensly powerful lightsaber?

Please understand... i only want this change done to my marauder... Yes..: only mine!

Sudo
08.11.2015 , 09:23 AM | #10
eh.....i personally feel Mercs have a bit of ability bloat...but otherwise it's not too bad