Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Healing Class

Bookworm_Jedi
08.04.2015 , 11:35 PM | #1
I began as a sage healer. Then picked it up again after I reinstalled TOR.

Began to fall in love with dpsing/tanking, but I'm looking to find the right class.

I love my dps op, van tank, etc.... and I don't want to roll another sage again....I'm finding the story dull (left her on Belsavis)

I'm trying to figure out the right race/class for a new healer.

NUTMANIAC
08.05.2015 , 02:19 AM | #2
Trooper commando is a decent healer but again the story isn't great

SteveTheCynic
08.05.2015 , 02:49 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookworm_Jedi View Post
I began as a sage healer. Then picked it up again after I reinstalled TOR.

Began to fall in love with dpsing/tanking, but I'm looking to find the right class.

I love my dps op, van tank, etc.... and I don't want to roll another sage again....I'm finding the story dull (left her on Belsavis)

I'm trying to figure out the right race/class for a new healer.
Looks like you favour the Republic, in which case you choose Sawbones scoundrel or Medic (?name) Commando. I like Commando because heavy armour and because Assault Cannon. Seriously, who doesn't like hauling around an HBG (Honking Big Gun) like that? (I'm currently using on my main Commando - Gunnery - the slot machine golden certificate assault cannon with the muzzle that opens when you pull it out. I have another Commando around level 18 who's helping me develop my healing skills by keeping Aric on his feet.)
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

Bookworm_Jedi
08.05.2015 , 09:12 AM | #4
Interesting.

I could roll a sawbones at least. Switch it up, maybe make a dude or soemthing this time

What about BH healing? The one toon I never got far with was the hunter

Master-Nala
08.05.2015 , 09:15 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Bookworm_Jedi View Post
Interesting.

I could roll a sawbones at least. Switch it up, maybe make a dude or soemthing this time

What about BH healing? The one toon I never got far with was the hunter
Identical to Commando and very fun Healer IMO. First Act of the story is great, goes way downhill after that IMO. It's so bad that BHs are the only class I haven't played through 3+ times (only twice, )
Below this is my referral link. If you press it you get free stuff and I get free stuff. This makes you, me....and Bioware happy, but don't let that stop you!
Referral Link---> http://www.swtor.com/r/fDdy48 <---Referral Link

ItachiZaku
08.05.2015 , 09:17 AM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by NUTMANIAC View Post
Trooper commando is a decent healer but again the story isn't great
Really? I rather liked the story.
"Be careful Preston. You're treading on my dreams. "

DarthScruffy
08.05.2015 , 09:48 AM | #7
Right now, merc and sorc are in really good places. Operative is in a decent place, as the numbers are very comparable on parses, but I haven't figured out a way to get the kind of high-end burst that merc offers (if you are in a bad place, you can insta-cast 3 consecutive big heals and then cast a splashing channel).

DNGDangerous
08.10.2015 , 03:29 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Nala View Post
Identical to Commando and very fun Healer IMO. First Act of the story is great, goes way downhill after that IMO. It's so bad that BHs are the only class I haven't played through 3+ times (only twice, )
I found my self falling asleep too often playing through the story of a commando. Im not sure, but i just didnt find it compelling... And I dont know why. I see you had the same experience, just wondering if you are able to pin-point the reason.